Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Player movements

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Player movements
    Posted: 21 March 2010 at 9:52pm
Seen a few forums with threads which track player movements between teams so thought it would be a good idea to start one here. Maybe the mods could make it a sticky and everyone else feel free to update and comment.

A few starters for ten:

Carl Hayman off to Toulon:
Money matters it seems rather than the chance to play in the next World Cup.

Same true for Tamati Ellison who has given up his chance to play for NZ to play in Japan:

Wikus van Heerde leaving Sarries for SA:

Sponsored Links

dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2010 at 4:01pm
Today's movers and shakers (and stayers...):

Vainikolo staying at Gloucester for 2 more years:

Saracens sign Du Plessis a prop from Nottingham:

Ben Mowen a back row forward staying at the Waratahs:
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2010 at 6:24pm
Paul Sackey is joining Toulon next season.
connor boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2010 at 6:28pm
Shocked was a bit worried at 1st when i seen this thread .Dont think their Players Movements would be a pretty site on the pitchLOLLOL
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2010 at 8:00pm
A few Gwlad rumours (I'm not vouching for their reliability....):
Norton-Knightmare off to the Dragons on loan for next season; and
Blues have allegedly signed Bryn Griffiths former Scarlets lock and a prop I've never heard of called Tom Davies.
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 2:45pm
Julian Salvi who has had an excellent season at openside for Bath is returning to the Brumbies:

And Basteraud has signed a new deal with Stade Francais
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 11:27pm
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2010 at 11:15am
Strettle signed for Saracens
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2010 at 11:33am
Originally posted by multinational multinational wrote:

Yep I saw that earlier, Saracens are building an exceptional squad they've already signed: Strettle, Stevens, Tonga'uiha, Kelly Brown and Wigglesworth. I suspect they will have to let go of a few though, Haugton is a decent back 3 player who I imagine won't get much game time now.
CMH View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2010 at 6:50pm
Fourie Du Preez (springbok 9) is heading to Japan.
Sgarlets am byth.
Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2010 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by dantheman dantheman wrote:

Originally posted by multinational multinational wrote:

Yep I saw that earlier, Saracens are building an exceptional squad they've already signed: Strettle, Stevens, Tonga'uiha, Kelly Brown and Wigglesworth. I suspect they will have to let go of a few though, Haugton is a decent back 3 player who I imagine won't get much game time now.
If they continue with the pointless aerial ping pong take no risks rugby then they will have noone watching them. They have lost supporters already even when they were winning due to the dull boring rugby on show. its a pitty as they ahve some young good young talent. Will not be suprised if the they move young Goode up to 10 from 15, the boy is a class act.
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2010 at 11:54am

Ospreys apparently sign up youngster Morgan Allen after the Dragons (his home region) snubbed him:

PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2010 at 5:36pm

Blues have allegedly signed Bryn Griffiths former Scarlets lock and a prop I've never heard of called Tom Davies.

ive heard that norton knight is heading back down under.
paul tito is also going home after his contract expires next year so could be truth in bryn griffiths!!! where is he now?? doncaster?
brookesford View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brookesford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2010 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

ive heard that norton knight is heading back down under.
paul tito is also going home after his contract expires next year so could be truth in bryn griffiths!!! where is he now?? doncaster?

He's at Doncaster and having a good time there as well. I saw him when London Welsh played them earlier this season. He did say he's enjoying being there as he's playing regular rugby and the Nat Div 1 is a decent standard of rugby.

He did say that if the Scarlets come knocking he'd be home straight away but would also look at other Welsh regions as options as well. He enjoyed the Dragons but wanted more gametime than they were giving him.

Great guy, proper West Walian and great fun to talk to as well. 
Do you think Martyn Madden would marry me?
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2010 at 11:55pm
Bakkies Botha talking to Toulon about moving there after World Cup. To be expected I guess.... they will have the World 15 before long.

hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2010 at 1:53am
According to the leicester forum mefin davies hooker going to the ospreys.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic