Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SUPPORTERS TRUST NEWS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Meet the coaches next Tuesday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meet the coaches next Tuesday
    Posted: 04 February 2017 at 10:55pm
Sounds good.Catching up with Wayne Pivac and his team next Tuesday. At Crys 16 event. HUGE game v Glasgow!
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2017 at 11:07pm
Any chance you can relay this via Skype or similar for members?

Would love to be there but ...my regard or the planet exceeds my commitment to the Scarlet cause 🤗

Watching Beverley Hills Cop and I defy anyone to watch it and not burst out laughing
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2017 at 12:30am
[QUOTE=Eastern outpost] Any chance you can relay this via Skype or similar for members?

Would love to be there but ...my regard or the planet exceeds my commitment to the Scarlet cause 🤗

Watching Beverley Hills Cop and I defy anyone to watch it and not burst out laughing [/QUOT

Steve beyond my peanut Brain IT comprehension. Would face book live work?
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2017 at 5:22pm
Will be interesting to get coaches view of the run in games. I sense the warmth to Wayne and the coaching team will have risen several degrees from the 3 losses at the start of the season. It's a tough life being a coach!  Wink
Wayne07 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2017 at 5:30pm
Can't attend, life of being a coach our training session is on Tuesday's. 😔😔
judith View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 9:26pm
Any updates from this evening gratefully received by us who couldn't be there (can anyone lend me a helicopter for the next one? LOL)
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 9:41pm
Nothing fromCrys16 or anyone else on Twitter either.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 10:04am
VERY quiet regarding the meeting. 

Anyone have any info about what was said/asked?
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 10:24am

My summary:

Only John and Wayne attended. Very positive meeting. No negativity.

WE are still searching for the elusive 8. Until found, JB and Boyde will cover. High hopes for McLoed moving forward.

Boyde is a 7 who will play anywhere to wear the shirt, McLoed is an 8 acquiring a good 7 skill set.

Allen will be involved Friday. Hasn't really taken chances offered to him early in season, needs to have a good run in.

Condy's knee is blown was my take and I suspect, albeit reading between the lines, that he will be released. Lots of love for JB, a guy playing with a broken body which isn't really big enough for this level, but his skill set makes up for it. Aaron unlucky not to be in WElsh squad, seen as not physical enough, albeit our stats contradict that thinking. Our best tackler.

Dinky is a promisinh young ten. Still a long way behind Patch. He is quiet, doesn't order the 9 or forwards around and still needs to learn to boss more experienced centres. Described as a sponge though, and loves to learn.

Patch may be back for the EDinburgh game and may play BIC game as preparation.

Looking for a back 3 player, but lots expected from Conbeer, Iaon Nicholas and Corey Baldwin next season. Conbeer is great when ball comes to him, but doesn't go looking for work like JM. Needs to learn from him.

Pete is struggling this season. Wont feature this weekend. Accept Nicky is a great scrummager, but likes the buffet cart too much. Needs to work on mobility and skill set.

No players leaving other than DTH and Liam.

Elias, Cubby and maybe Boyde will have a shout for summer tour. Elias already on radar.

Berne our best signing of Pivav era. Bernado still not setting world alight. Berne contracted for next season also

Ref in Sarries game admitted 2 hours after game he should have given penalty to us not them on 81 mins which would have been game over. Acknowledgement that Pro 12 reffing is still pants. Took 6 weeks for feedback after Blues game away when it should come within 5 days.

Need a minimum of 10 points from next 4 games during 6N window. 3 very winnable games after that. Hopefully, by then Connacht will be out and it would be nice not to go into Os game needing anything.

Asked about exit strategies, why we sometimes kick long and other times into touch. Much depends on opposition, whether they have a good catch and drive or perhaps whether certain team never kick. Glasgow for example tend to run everything back, so if you catch them downfield there is an obvious tactical gain.

Lots of talk about lack of locks coming through academy. Was explained this is overall a Welsh problem. The twins from out West were used as an example. Currently with Ealing and not setting world on fire. Other than that, our academy was doing well, 75% of the bois therein made a pro player. Around 16-17 kids at any one time.

Our club captain will always be a Welsh speaker. Saucy happy to step in but doesn't wantvrole

I ate my humble pie

Edited by Once a monkey - 08 February 2017 at 10:55am
#George
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 10:32am
Here are some points. I'm sure others will add things. This is from memory. i didn't write anything down !!!

Pivac reckons that Beirne is his best buy since he's been at the Scarlets. Beirne is with us next year also.

Bernardo is not being picked purely on form.

Dan Jones is developing well, and absorbs all that SJ is passing on to him. However Dan needs to be a lot more vocal and be prepared to boss more experienced players like Parkes, the SH's and especially any forwards 'coming around the corner' and getting in his way. 

Pivac expects Ken to stay. He wants Ken as skipper for his off field and PR work, he's Welsh speaking. Hadleigh doesn't want the captaincy, and would prefer to concentrate on his battle to secure a permanent centre spot with SW and JD. 

Hadleigh will be eligible to play for Wales in next year's 6N and would consider it a huge honour if he was asked. 

Nicky Thomas is at the front of the queue when buffets are around, but he's working on shedding some weight and improving his skill set around the park. If he gets those right then WP thinks he'll go far.

WP has high hopes  for Conbeer, Nicholas and Baldwin. 

We are trying to plug gaps from within the region, and are now looking further down the age grades in order to identify at an early age. We will go outside, but only when the time is right. Timing, price, and attitude are crucial when recruiting.

WP is delighted with the progress being made by Elias, Boyde and McLeod. He also rates Condy VERY highly. He's a very fine footballer by all accounts. However Jack has an issue with one of his knees, and is largely playing on one knee.

If I remember more I will post it later. Apologies for any inaccuracies, and anyone who was there is welcome to correct me.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 10:34am
OAM was obviously paying more attention than me !!!!
judith View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 10:43am
Diolch yn fawr iawn both of you for your updates - some very interesting points (god, I love Will Boyde - no-one tell my husband LOL).

Interesting to learn that Hadleigh doesn't want the captaincy given that he does talk to the ref a lot. I think Condy has potential so I hope he's able to get his knee sorted and continue playing as it'd be a shame if he went, but then I'm not coaching and if it was up to me obviously I'd be playing Boyde every week LOL

RedZep View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedZep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 10:47am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

OAM was obviously paying more attention than me !!!!

Which is a bit strange as his mind often wanders to pink strides and beauty products.

Thanks for the update, bois.
'' Know your three R's, son..... Rugby, Rock and Ridin'!! ''
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 10:54am
Cheers Mick
#George
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 11:20am
Thanks very much to OAM & ap sior. Excellent recall. Its great to get such an insight. So Macloud is being groomed as our 8. Hope Condy comes through & Nicky gets himself fit. His undoubted scrummaging ability is a huge weapon but props are expected to do a whole lot more. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 11:23am
Originally posted by judith judith wrote:

Diolch yn fawr iawn both of you for your updates - some very interesting points (god, I love Will Boyde - no-one tell my husband LOL).

Interesting to learn that Hadleigh doesn't want the captaincy given that he does talk to the ref a lot. I think Condy has potential so I hope he's able to get his knee sorted and continue playing as it'd be a shame if he went, but then I'm not coaching and if it was up to me obviously I'd be playing Boyde every week LOL

Croeso a thrueni nad oeddet yn gallu bod yno. Welcome, shame you couldn't be there ! 

Condy did sound a matter of concern, but he is very highly thought of as I mentioned earlier. 

Players have their playing time monitored and managed carefully, so you won't get your wish, Boyde will not play every minute of every game. I do hope your hubbie doesn't read this ! Will does have a neck issue, as do many players apparently, so maybe he'll need some TLC at some point. Perhaps that will be your chance !

Edited by ap sior - 08 February 2017 at 11:28am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic