Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stand up Mr Parkes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hendre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 12:48pm
Well said LLANDRE. Sadly, even the change to 5 year residency will do little to change the farce of international rugby ‘qualification’.
You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.
Zig Ziglar
Sponsored Links

whataguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whataguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

I have a great deal of admiration for Hadleigh as a player and he's been an asset to the Scarlets undoubtebly. However i don't agree with him playing for Wales. If I went to Australia tomorrow for three years i wouldn't suddenly become Australian. I understand that it's an international rule that makes it possible. That doesn't mean in my eyes we have to follow like sheep though. Gatland doesn't care as he's a kiwi   Parkes will be depriving a home grown Welshman an opportunity to play for his country. He had a great game yesterday of course and I can see why he's selected but I don't agree with it .Anyway thats my view.
whataguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whataguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 1:07pm
Phil John deprived talented young loose heads from developing for 14 year's...
But look at us now!!!
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 2:11pm

I always enjoy reading your posts Wasp and respect your views. However I'll agree to disagree on this subject.
Absolutely mate. Same to you
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 2:12pm
Whatever your views on Scott leaving, Hadleigh is way ahead of him.
Milli View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Whatever your views on Scott leaving, Hadleigh is way ahead of him.

Clap
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 3:42pm

I have a great deal of admiration for Hadleigh as a player and he's been an asset to the Scarlets undoubtebly. However i don't agree with him playing for Wales. If I went to Australia tomorrow for three years i wouldn't suddenly become Australian. I understand that it's an international rule that makes it possible. That doesn't mean in my eyes we have to follow like sheep though. Gatland doesn't care as he's a kiwi   Parkes will be depriving a home grown Welshman an opportunity to play for his country. He had a great game yesterday of course and I can see why he's selected but I don't agree with it .Anyway thats my view.

Now then - for reasons I won't go into, I was born in England, but I'm as Welsh as they come - yn wir, Cymraeg yw fy mamiaith - and lived here for all my childhood and most of my adulthood.

It seems that according to you, I am not 'Welsh' enough to represent Wales. 

I do think that qualification criteria are a bit of a minefield, and am happy enough to see the rules tightened - but not to the point of using country of birth as the sole criterion. And in Hadleigh's case, I'm very pleased for him.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 3:55pm
i'm with martin on this one.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by whataguy whataguy wrote:

The real question is why isn't there a homegrown Welshman good enough to be selected over a 30 year-old Kiwi? Parkes was selected because he's the best option.
I'm fully supportive of him playing for Wales, he's more than earnt it.
He'll give as much to the jersey as any "Welshman" would.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 5:53pm
Sign of the times when 30 is old 😉
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 6:12pm
This says a lot

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/touching-moment-hadleigh-parkes-chokes-13989150.amp
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 6:16pm
Delighted for Hadleigh - good chance of making the 6 Nations I should think. Excellent reward for one of our most consistent players.
What's going on?
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 6:39pm
Just held up the queue to board the plane as the TV showed a piece about him with big headline about dream debut.

No murmurs but story changed before I got the pic 😟
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by whataguy whataguy wrote:

The real question is why isn't there a homegrown Welshman good enough to be selected over a 30 year-old Kiwi? Parkes was selected because he's the best option.
I'm fully supportive of him playing for Wales, he's more than earnt it.
He'll give as much to the jersey as any "Welshman" would.

Just think how our young players watching him play and train will learn look at how good our young back row players have come on under the influence of JB.
Think the opportunity now and the players he will have around him will be the making of Stef Hughes if he avoids injury.
He certainly had good game yesterday and will be learning off two of best centres to wear shirt.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 7:28pm
Having top quality NWQ players has a massive impact on the squad as a whole.
Imagine how much our youngsters are learning from the likes of Kruger, Bulbring, Barclay, Parkes and McNicholl.
In the past they had Iongi, Ajuwa, Vallejos, Timani and Pungea
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 7:34pm
I wonder how this forum would be if it was a 30 yr old N Z osprey player?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic