Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stand up Mr Parkes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

I wonder how this forum would be if it was a 30 yr old N Z osprey player?

He would still be waiting for pass from Biggar
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Sponsored Links

mammamammon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mammamammon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

He would still be waiting for pass from Biggar

mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com
whataguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whataguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 8:11pm
Gyppo knew Phil John was a amateur.

Still give him a contract, year after year after year...
Cost the scarlets winning trophies mun
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 8:29pm

wouldn't bother me one bit if he was good enough
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
1carmscarletsfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 1carmscarletsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 8:33pm
well chuffed for him had a great 1st cap deserves his place
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 9:18pm
Great professional. Just does the business. đź‘Ť
Llanelliman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Llanelliman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 9:37pm
Watch his post match interview on WRU website. Shows him for what he is . . . an exemplar rugby player and human being. Strong family values. A GREAT pleasure to say that he is one of OURS. Congratulations on your success yesterday and thanks for all that you have done for the Scarlets, Hadley. I hope that you are here for the duration; I would never want/like to see you play for any other club.
Made in Seaside, Llanelli
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 9:47pm
Why the 30 year old age obsession? He is class and obviously so - that's why they wanted him capped literally on day 1. He is rarely injured and has 3 - 4 years at the top which is fine with me.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by whataguy whataguy wrote:

Thats unfair and wrongful. In his last 2 years he played great rugby and was unlucky not to get capped.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by whataguy whataguy wrote:

What are you on about. No relevance.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

I have a great deal of admiration for Hadleigh as a player and he's been an asset to the Scarlets undoubtebly. However i don't agree with him playing for Wales. If I went to Australia tomorrow for three years i wouldn't suddenly become Australian. I understand that it's an international rule that makes it possible. That doesn't mean in my eyes we have to follow like sheep though. Gatland doesn't care as he's a kiwi   Parkes will be depriving a home grown Welshman an opportunity to play for his country. He had a great game yesterday of course and I can see why he's selected but I don't agree with it .Anyway thats my view.
Llan, I think you're looking at this through the wrong end of the binoculars mate. Smile

First, you could actually become Australian if you wished, same as an Australian could become Welsh if they wished.  Second a NWQ player isn't preventing the progress of a 'home grown' player by virtue of the fact that he has been selected for Wales ahead of that 'home grown' player - he's actually preventing the progress of the 'home grown' player by virtue of the fact that he is being selected for his region ahead of the 'home grown' player.  By your logic, it's the Scarlets and not Wales that's holding back the home grown player by picking Hadleigh.

I don't actually believe this myself but that's where your logic would lead me if I believed it.

Back to Hadleigh - what a guy.  If we had a squad of home grown players like him, we would win the 6N every year.  Clap

In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 11:47pm
Who is more Welsh? Jake or Hadleigh? Just because Jake's father was Welsh but seemingly left before Jake was born, does that make him more Welsh than Hadleigh?  It doesn't matter because both have satisfied the IRB rules (as they stand) and can play for Wales. But neither learnt their rugby in Wales. We knew that Hadleigh would be a success because he is such a class player. He does bring everything to the number 12 position.

Once Biggar left, was Hadleigh playing 10 with Patch at 12? That's a different take on what we do. 

(And perhaps Michael Collins was watching........ and dreaming.......).
Wil Scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 12:48am
Da iawn Hadleigh, and it all started with you belting out the anthem. What a day for you to remember!
Scott Williams - I think I'll cut down on the fags!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 11:54am
Agree with all the positive comments here, Hadley had an outstanding game on the weekend!!! ClapClapClap The hands to pick up that ball for his first try was absolutely out of the top draw, outstanding! ClapClapClap
Scarlets!!!
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Why the 30 year old age obsession? He is class and obviously so - that's why they wanted him capped literally on day 1. He is rarely injured and has 3 - 4 years at the top which is fine with me.

It’s probably the fact that they’re looking towards the World Cup.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 5:17am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

It’s probably the fact that they’re looking towards the World Cup.

Maybe - but 32 isn't too old for the next RWC, surely?
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic