Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets Macron Shop - more jerseys coming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 9:18am
Just putting my 'glass half full' hat on for a minute - I see where everyone is coming from but completely selling out of jerseys mid season is a problem that comes due to our success.  Better that than the other regions whose shirts still fill the shops due to nobody buying them. 
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Macron have exclusivity to sell in the scarlets shop and on the online scarlets shop so it's a calculated choice, whether that's a good choice is debatable.

They've also confirmed no more stock is coming in this season but the issue has been addressed for next season, far from ideal, but hopefully it'll be the last time it happens.

Given the evidence, it's been a disaster to be honest! Shocked The fact that I can go into JJB down Trostre Park and buy a home or away replica jersey of our rivals, and the Scarlets replica is nowhere to be seen, and yet our home ground is less than a mile away, is quite frankly, an embarrassment! ShockedShockedShockedShocked

It's all very well Marcon having exclusivity to sell the replica kit at the shop, but they haven't got any replica kit to sell! LOLLOLLOLLOL

The replica kit should be available to buy throughout the season, and not just up until Christmas! Otherwise, what is the point in releasing a new jersey every season if it's only going to be available to buy for a few months! ShockedShockedShocked

As far as next season is concerned, we sahll see. They've stated that availability of next seasons kit will be based on this seasons sales, but how are they going to forecast that when there's nothing left to sell (replica wise), and we're only in January? ConfusedConfusedConfused
Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 10:29am
Originally posted by cymru2006 cymru2006 wrote:

Most successful region for the past few years and we have stepped up again this season. But really is embarrassing that we had no presence in the wru shop along with the other regions. It’s a comedy of errors and I’d question the suitability and commitment of macron to the scarlets. Really isn’t good enough. So far 2 sell out gates, with another record attendance set to come, along with hopefully a Home semi i the league and not one jersey available to buy!!

100% correct! The shop needs to be more proactive too, and advertise in the windows that there is no more replica kit available until the next kit launch!
Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 10:31am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

It doesn’t take a genius to work out we were going to sell more.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that someone @ Marcon has f**ked up that we've run out of replica kit 4 months into the new season! LOLLOLLOL
Scarlets!!!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 10:54am
It is a shambles, a few mates went up last weekend & 3 out of 5 of them wanted to buy a jersey & were shocked & annoyed when they couldn't buy one.
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 11:06am
Devils advocate time ...

Lets wind back the clock to Christmas 2016 ...

There was shed full of 2016/2017 replica shirts on sale in Rugby Heaven/Lovell Rugby/JD Sports many of them at prices lower than the Scarlets Shop. When we made the playoffs, those shirts disappeared off the shelf being replaced by the current one. During the two trips to Dublin there were thousands on show !

All a "buyer" (in whatever sector you like) can do is forecast at point of order what the potential sales could be using a formula of "last year + n%" what ever the parameters are deemed to be a "fit" without being left with residual stock to potentially end up in the "bucket shop" disposal sites/stores.

How many supporters went to the Pro12 Semifinal thinking "Leinster away (in their own back yard) ... this could be our final" ... Unfortunately from a buyers point of view, the crystal ball sometimes has flaws. Don't forget as mentioned on here the kit was ordered before the end of the regular season.

From a business point of view, (and without being privvy to the exact figures) yoy kit sales were up, and residual stock at end of season is nil ! So that is a successful year for that particular line of trade.

Some of you may think "well why didn't they run another production ? "... Well WilChips will be able to enlighten us better than me, but I would imagine that to retain the same price point even though the Pound is a lot weaker now would probably require a considerable production run, on a scale considerably bigger than Sean Tullys knicker cobbling on Corro !

Looking forward to next year, I suspect that the Buyer formula of "this year + n%" is being used, so an increased production put in place, god forbid we don't make the playoffs or win the RCC or 2019/2020 season will start with shiny new shirts on view bought for "19.99 on Lovell Rugby !

Oh and the reason you can buy Ospreys (#bubbleburst)/ Blues / Dragons shirts in most outlets is a reflection of the success they've been enjoying on field !

BTW I had go at the Macron store in Skewen when overnight I went from an XL (kooga) to an XXXL  (Macron) ... And yes my Kooga still fits !!! Angry
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 11:29am
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

Devils advocate time ...

There was shed full of 2016/2017 replica shirts on sale in Rugby Heaven/Lovell Rugby/JD Sports many of them at prices lower than the Scarlets Shop. When we made the playoffs, those shirts disappeared off the shelf being replaced by the current one. During the two trips to Dublin there were thousands on show !

All a "buyer" (in whatever sector you like) can do is forecast at point of order what the potential sales could be using a formula of "last year + n%" what ever the parameters are deemed to be a "fit" without being left with residual stock to potentially end up in the "bucket shop" disposal sites/stores.

How many supporters went to the Pro12 Semifinal thinking "Leinster away (in their own back yard) ... this could be our final" ... Unfortunately from a buyers point of view, the crystal ball sometimes has flaws. Don't forget as mentioned on here the kit was ordered before the end of the regular season.

From a business point of view, (and without being privvy to the exact figures) yoy kit sales were up, and residual stock at end of season is nil ! So that is a successful year for that particular line of trade.

Some of you may think "well why didn't they run another production ? "... Well WilChips will be able to enlighten us better than me, but I would imagine that to retain the same price point even though the Pound is a lot weaker now would probably require a considerable production run, on a scale considerably bigger than Sean Tullys knicker cobbling on Corro !

Looking forward to next year, I suspect that the Buyer formula of "this year + n%" is being used, so an increased production put in place, god forbid we don't make the playoffs or win the RCC or 2019/2020 season will start with shiny new shirts on view bought for "19.99 on Lovell Rugby !

Oh and the reason you can buy Ospreys (#bubbleburst)/ Blues / Dragons shirts in most outlets is a reflection of the success they've been enjoying on field !

BTW I had go at the Macron store in Skewen when overnight I went from an XL (kooga) to an XXXL  (Macron) ... And yes my Kooga still fits !!! Angry

I would agree with all of that except that Macron run the shop hence the club have limited exposure to loss making unsold items I assume? It seems that Macron have been unwilling to (over) order anything in case they pick up the loss. That's not on surely? When you agree to be a sponsor and run the club shop, you are there to service the supporters, come hell or high water. I can't remember having issues such as this with any other kit supplier (accepting that we have sold more kit this year but as champions is that not obvious?) My view is that Macron have over stretched themselves a bit as they now seem to supply almost everyone.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 11:46am
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

Devils advocate time ...

I would agree with all of that except that Macron run the shop hence the club have limited exposure to loss making unsold items I assume? It seems that Macron have been unwilling to (over) order anything in case they pick up the loss. That's not on surely? When you agree to be a sponsor and run the club shop, you are there to service the supporters, come hell or high water. I can't remember having issues such as this with any other kit supplier (accepting that we have sold more kit this year but as champions is that not obvious?) My view is that Macron have over stretched themselves a bit as they now seem to supply almost everyone.

From what I was told, Scarlets Shop exclusivity is insisted on by the Scarlets. I tried to buy a polo shirt in Skewen as I was next door in a customers premises , I had to ring my payment through to the Parc before they would release the goods even though there was a card machine there ! I believe that this could well be down to a rebate module in place (common in all industries) !

Edited by scarletman - 26 January 2018 at 11:46am
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 12:50pm
To get another run of jerseys to “meet demand”...is there enough demand for the current kit to warrant another run?
Don’t get me wrong, there have certainly underestimated the sale of jerseys, which in my opinion is a great thing. They have sold out of all sizes home and away! Surely a positive. I’d also add, that’s a sell out in all sizes home and away AT FULL PRICE.

Fair amount want the jersey...well I’m not so sure it’s all that big an issue.

Say Macron get another 3000 jerseys made. With the release of next seasons kit out in April again, I don’t think they will be able to sell much of that 3000 extra made at full price when also selling next season jersey.

This issue has been talked about and, hopefully addressed. That’s the understanding I had from the crys16 notes.

Due to Macron having exclusivity, I find that no issue at all. It’s not uncommon.

Wales football and Swansea City have done similar things where only JD Sports sell the merchandise. It’s not a new thing and has negatives but major plus points.

Let’s look at the positives for once...or asking too much!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 1:16pm
Think the question we have to ask is, who is ultimately at loss here? The answer to that is the customer, the supporter! ShockedShockedShocked

Exclusivity is one thing, but just in one shop, in one stadium, in West Wales, it's absolutely bonkers! ShockedShockedShocked

One last thing, why is the Barclay Senior Training Jersey priced at £45.83 online, but £55 in the shop, off the hanger?????????? ConfusedConfusedConfused

Edited by Mrfwon - 26 January 2018 at 1:45pm
Scarlets!!!
comeonmybabies View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comeonmybabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 1:25pm
Sorry but it's hard to see positives in selling out of replica kit halfway through the season. Irrespective of who is to blame it is not acceptable. We had a massive opportunity to build on the on field success.

This shambles and that's what it is just feeds the impression that the region is poorly run.

As my GCSE business teacher used to say "you have to speculate to accumulate" there appears that there is very little ambition on the business side.

PS it's not just replica kit you can't get a hat or scalf in the shop last week!
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

Originally posted by philtheturk56 philtheturk56 wrote:

how long a contract did Macron sign with the Scarlets!

Perhaps they wont be her next season!!

Five years.

Kill me now.
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 1:36pm
We are where we are. The Scarlets decided to go with Macron for commercial reasons. 
Macron got their numbers for producing shirts from a previous kit supplier.
This seasons kit was out before the end of last season.
Scarlets win the league which nobody planned for.
Scarlets carried on winning this season and the feel good factor generated even more shirt sales.

is the current situation disappointing? Yes, absolutely.
Can anything be done about it this season? probably not.

i'm not trying to defend Macron, but those are the facts. I just hope the situation is not repeated next season.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 1:38pm
If we sell out of kit we should be able to get more in (with a few caveats), think we all agree with that and lessons have been learnt for next season, Crys and the club have met with Macron over this and updated Crys members, not sure what we're achieving going over the same ground again and again.

We do seem to be selectively ignoring the fact that the kit was available for purchase for 8/9 months, and in a normal season with a kit being out in August that would have taken us through to March/April, an opportunity to sell more has been missed, but painting this as some sort of utter disaster is a bit disingenuous.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by trident trident wrote:

Blydi hell it's like groundhog Day on here sometimes

Groundhog day - all over again!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

We are where we are. The Scarlets decided to go with Macron for commercial reasons. 
Macron got their numbers for producing shirts from a previous kit supplier.
This seasons kit was out before the end of last season.
Scarlets win the league which nobody planned for.
Scarlets carried on winning this season and the feel good factor generated even more shirt sales.

is the current situation disappointing? Yes, absolutely.
Can anything be done about it this season? probably not.

i'm not trying to defend Macron, but those are the facts. I just hope the situation is not repeated next season.

If I'd have waited 5 minutes I could have just agreed with your post instead of nearly writing the same thing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
  Share Topic