Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NFL Post-Season 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NFL Post-Season 2018
    Posted: 07 January 2018 at 8:48pm
Anyone watching?
Two big surprises already with the Titans' comeback vs the Chiefs and the Falcons beating this year's surprise package the Rams.
Rooting for the Jags now (potentially a UK franchise) but no space this year for my Giants.. Less said about our season the better I will admit.
Sponsored Links

PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2018 at 11:47pm
A very interesting wild card weekend so far, with the Jags win being the only expected result from the three games! As a Steelers fan I'm just hoping that we can get to the Conference game and actually beat the Patriots!

Edited by PritchyTheScarlet - 07 January 2018 at 11:47pm
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 8:32am
Steelers fan here. Hate to say it but I think it'll be another Pats year - we simply cannot beat them. Anyone see the regular season Steelers v Patriots game? One of the most exciting of all time.

Jacksonville interesting challenge as top offence v top defence. Antonio Brown being healthy plus now Juju Smith-Schuster be a challenge for any secondary to handle and Bell will keep them busy. Main issue with Steelers has been defence this year which has been leaky - Jags won't test it but Pats will.

Hard to pick NFC: Eagles would have been a shoe-in but for Wentz's injury, Atlanta can put a run together and perhaps have learned from last year's debacle. One of those two but again, it's the Pats' to lose, with their deflated balls and all.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 8:46am
I've very much enjoyed the BBC highlights package this year, having dipped in and out before - Osi Umeniyora is by a long way my favourite sports commentator ATM - always witty and entertaining, and often outrageous without seeming silly. His 'history lesson' to Trump after that fool's 'SOB' statement was something to behold...

Haven't been an avid fan long enough to fully get familiar with all the players or teams, but it's a pity that Aaron Rogers got injured, as I like the idea of a team owned by the fans, not some rich tw@t... 
 "(Green Bay Packers) is the third-oldest franchise in the NFL, dating back to 1919,[7][8] and is the only non-profit, community-owned major league professional sports teambased in the United States." (Wikipedia) - so they'd be my choice, except they're not still in contention.

For similar reasons, I'd like to see the Trump-supporting 'Patriots' lose (apparently both coach Belichick and QB Brady are backers), which means that by default I'll back the Steelers, who look the best bet to deny them.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 12:16pm
I’d back the Vikings to beat the Patriots especially if they’re home.
A lot of the Patriots success will rely on Gronkowski being fit. Without him or Edelman Brady doesn’t look quite so special.
Rumours of a rift between Belichick (Patriots coach), Kraft (owner) and Brady are rife though.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Steelers fan here. Hate to say it but I think it'll be another Pats year - we simply cannot beat them. Anyone see the regular season Steelers v Patriots game? One of the most exciting of all time.

Jacksonville interesting challenge as top offence v top defence. Antonio Brown being healthy plus now Juju Smith-Schuster be a challenge for any secondary to handle and Bell will keep them busy. Main issue with Steelers has been defence this year which has been leaky - Jags won't test it but Pats will.

Hard to pick NFC: Eagles would have been a shoe-in but for Wentz's injury, Atlanta can put a run together and perhaps have learned from last year's debacle. One of those two but again, it's the Pats' to lose, with their deflated balls and all.
That was an absolute shocker in terms of officiating.. wasn’t that the game when the catch was a catch for everyone except by the rule book?
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 12:37pm
Did anyone know that Albie Evans full back with Dock Stars & Wanders, also played a few 1st class games I believe, Scarlets, Aberavon, Swansea, was on the Patriots books years ago, did not make the final cut, but did go through a few rounds.

He also played cricket, and for a few years kept the bar in Selwyn Samuel Centre around 20 ish years ago.

He won a kicking competition with a newspaper, maybe The Sun.

Probably now more famous as a bowler with Llanelli Bowls Club. A character who was certainly the best sportsman I ever played with, he told me he was !!!!!! 
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

That was an absolute shocker in terms of officiating.. wasn’t that the game when the catch was a catch for everyone except by the rule book?

Yep great finish. That ruling against a Steelers TD was very harsh. But the officials went on Twitter the next day to explain it, and it seemed harsh but fair.

I'm sure Eagles fans must be gutted. I'd have them as NFC champs before the Wentz injury. Foles doesn't look up to it.
New KALAMAFONI - BEAST MODE t-shirt now available online.

Plus a new 'Sosban Fach Scoundrels' range.

Paste the link below into your URL:
https://llanelli.teemill.com/
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

Did anyone know that Albie Evans full back with Dock Stars & Wanders, also played a few 1st class games I believe, Scarlets, Aberavon, Swansea, was on the Patriots books years ago, did not make the final cut, but did go through a few rounds.

He also played cricket, and for a few years kept the bar in Selwyn Samuel Centre around 20 ish years ago.

Probably now more famous as a bowler with Llanelli Bowls Club. A character who was certainly the best sportsman I ever played with, he told me he was !!!!!! 

Great fact Dai. I just found this...

AstroScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AstroScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 12:57pm

Well you can only officiate by the book surely? So they did nothing wrong. Do hope they look at changing what is a catch. 

I think the Saints will go all the way. Sooo many options on offense with a HoF QB, and a very good secondary on defense. Vikings and Eagles will suffer with their QB options and Atlanta have flattered to deceive all season.
'Stand up at home if you're watching, that was one of the Heineken Cup great tries'
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 12:58pm
Don't rule out the Saints.

I watched them last night against the Panthers, and they have a lot of options.

A strong running game with Ingram and Kamara, Ted Ginn Jr out wide, and Brees can still throw!

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

Great fact Dai. I just found this...

Impressive research! I was a young man, then - visited NYC in 1970 - a great city at an interesting period.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by AstroScarlet AstroScarlet wrote:

Well you can only officiate by the book surely? So they did nothing wrong. Do hope they look at changing what is a catch.

I think the Saints will go all the way. Sooo many options on offense with a HoF QB, and a very good secondary on defense. Vikings and Eagles will suffer with their QB options and Atlanta have flattered to deceive all season.
I didn't say they did anything wrong. I agree though, they need to change the definition of a catch.
Brees just set a NFL record for accuracy, 71% or something. Their draft last year may go down as one of the best ever too- Lattimore, Ramczyk and Kamara for starters!
Case Keenum has been superb for the Vikings. Just depends if he can do it in playoff pressure.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 7:14pm
Ah well, fun for the neutral but Steelers will be cursing some poor play calls. Well done to the Jags and best of luck against the Pats: I'm rooting for ya.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 7:42pm
That Vikings/Saints game was probably the greatest finish I've ever seen to a game.
I'd love to see the Jags take the Patriots and get a few sacks on Brady and get an improbable win but I just don't see it unfortunately.
As a Giants fan (and a romantic) I'd love to see the Keenum led Vikings beat the Eagles to head to the first home Super Bowl.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 9:34pm
I'm not even a fan of NFL but that last 2 minutes or so was unbelievable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic