Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets vs Bath - match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 15>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2018 at 11:16pm
There’s something special brewing down in PYS these days. This squad of players and the coaches never fail to amaze me with their achievements. They won the Pro 12 last season after losing their opening 3 games without even a losing bonus point and being outside of the top 5 with just a few games to go. They have only lost 4 games in all competitions so far this season despite losing their biggest players for large chucks of time through injury and suspension.
They make 2 late changes in their back 3 for tonight’s game and if anything it strengthened our gameplan.
They now have their destiny in their own hands for Europe, still sit top of their conference in the pro 14, and still have most of their big players to come back into the match day squad, and all this without hitting their stride.
The whole team, coaching setup and board should take a bow.
Unfortunately, as last season has proven, when your successful, other teams come knocking on the door 🚪, trying to buy success. We are already losing Beirne, Barclay, Scott and Aled, we’ll probably lose 1 or 2 more, but I have faith in the coaches and the board to find suitable replacements who will help to further strengthen us for next season.
Just think where this team can go and what it can achieve if we keep the core of the team and more importantly the coaches together and continue to improve on it, season after season. The good thing is that with these performances we are going to be able to attract a higher class of player to the club as everyone wants to be associated with winning rugby and particular brands of rugby 🏉.
Sponsored Links

gravioli View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gravioli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2018 at 11:17pm
Bulbring’s contribution to the first try was superb, the long pass from the Patchell counter and then he was
there to support Cubby at the next downfield breakdown.
Let's get drunk and play ping-pong.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2018 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Pressure on us now as we have to win next week. If we lose to Toulon and Bath hammer Benetton, we will probably end up 3rd in the group. Big big game next weekend.

Are you real ??? up
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2018 at 11:25pm
Just been on the Bath forum very gracious in defeat and full of praise for our rugby. Top bunch of rugby fans and oh how happy I am tonight. Same again next week please boys make me and my clan very happy
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2018 at 11:28pm
There was a lovely shot of Wyn Elias and cubby tapping each other up the future of our club and barely out of rugby nappies stomping Bath perfect
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2018 at 11:52pm
Bath is a proper rugby club with proper fans. Been up there many times and they admire and like us and I think it's mutual. Great win quality rugby but we need a win next week. Think Wayne will get them on track....Johnny m and halfpenny on bench? 😁

Edited by turkishrebel - 12 January 2018 at 11:54pm
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
CTMassive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTMassive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 12:11am
Another masterclass from Patch at 15, Cawdor had a great game too - a total menace and totally controlled and bullied the opposition, but Beirne is like 3 players in one. To score 2 tries down a back rower was incredible. 

As far as the Toulon game goes, how do you pick a back 3 when JMac and Steff return!? Prydie replace with Steff, but Asquith undroppable for me, especialy as JMac had an injury, ease him back from the bench 2nd half. 

Pivac will probably bring Patchell back to 10 and start Halfpenny but I would be tempted to leave Rhys at 15. Bar a missed tackle on a rampaging Banners and a couple of missed touch-finders, Dan had an excellent game too, not just from the tee. His confidence will grow and he doesn't deserve to be dropped either, but will probably be benched.

SPecial mention to our centres who raised their games and had their best games in a few weeks - flawless. Ken had his best game in a while too, fantastic!

Parting thought as well - Barclay shaking his head coming off, says it all. He's being saved for Toulon but wanted to stay till the end. Never seen a team enjoy playing as much as this. I certainly enjoy supporting.... Ymlaen!!

Edited by CTMassive - 13 January 2018 at 12:13am
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 12:17am
!!!cough!!! did anyone else say bonus point win...oh no, just me then :) :). 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

There’s something special brewing down in PYS these days. This squad of players and the coaches never fail to amaze me with their achievements. They won the Pro 12 last season after losing their opening 3 games without even a losing bonus point and being outside of the top 5 with just a few games to go. They have only lost 4 games in all competitions so far this season despite losing their biggest players for large chucks of time through injury and suspension.
They make 2 late changes in their back 3 for tonight’s game and if anything it strengthened our gameplan.
They now have their destiny in their own hands for Europe, still sit top of their conference in the pro 14, and still have most of their big players to come back into the match day squad, and all this without hitting their stride.
Unfortunately, as last season has proven, when your successful, other teams come knocking on the door 🚪, trying to buy success. We are already losing Beirne, Barclay, Scott and Aled, we’ll probably lose 1 or 2 more, but I have faith in the coaches and the board to find suitable replacements who will help to further strengthen us for next season.
Just think where this team can go and what it can achieve if we keep the core of the team and more importantly the coaches together and continue to improve on it, season after season. The good thing is that with these performances we are going to be able to attract a higher class of player to the club as everyone wants to be associated with winning rugby and particular brands of rugby 🏉.
let’s aim for 10,000 per home game on a regular basis. What’s wrong with people? Is Llanelli so exciting on match day that there is something else to do! What an asset to the town and Carmarthenshire.
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 12:27am
Knew we had the measure of them. Were outstanding 1-23. We have a proper team which is more than a match for anybody. Our pack is the most underrated in Europe. After this game everyone is saying how much we are going to miss Beirne. He was awesome today, but we have a good set of locks and we'll be okay.

Nobody mentioned Scott tonight, he was fantastic, how have we let him go to the Ospreys? what have we done for him to make that choice? We'll be okay without him but we won't be better. Hopefully we can send him off with an ECC winners medal. Underestimated how much work he does.
CTMassive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTMassive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 12:34am
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

Knew we had the measure of them. Were outstanding 1-23. We have a proper team which is more than a match for anybody. Our pack is the most underrated in Europe. After this game everyone is saying how much we are going to miss Beirne. He was awesome today, but we have a good set of locks and we'll be okay.

Nobody mentioned Scott tonight, he was fantastic, how have we let him go to the Ospreys? what have we done for him to make that choice? We'll be okay without him but we won't be better. Hopefully we can send him off with an ECC winners medal. Underestimated how much work he does.

I did Wink ........ had his best game in a while, back to his ripping best, straightened the line at pace and fantastic distribution. Gutted he's going but we're so lucky to have Foxy to return. On the subject of Foxy I thought he was very elequant explaining the game plan and philosophy rather than the usual soundbites we hear.
1carmscarletsfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1carmscarletsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Very nicely put
Vulcan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 12:46am
Brilliant first half. Super Defence second half. This could be the season.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 12:48am
Agree, finally leaving work ready for a few sherberts..LOL
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 1:06am
Originally posted by scarletabroad scarletabroad wrote:

Just been on the Bath forum very gracious in defeat and full of praise for our rugby. Top bunch of rugby fans and oh how happy I am tonight. Same again next week please boys make me and my clan very happy
legendary club great fans but we got our doll back lol
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
PTScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 1:31am
Anybody got a link to highlights or full match recording ? Game was on 2am Bangkok time and I had one too many cocktails at a work function and was sleeping by midnight
One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 15>
  Share Topic