Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets vs Bath - match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 2:07am
Originally posted by PTScarlet PTScarlet wrote:

Anybody got a link to highlights or full match recording ? Game was on 2am Bangkok time and I had one too many cocktails at a work function and was sleeping by midnight

http://sport.bt.com/highlights-bath-17-35-scarlets-91364242978015
Sponsored Links

Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 2:27am
Just got in @ 2:24 am what a night missed bus 3 home!!!!!! and had to get the train!

First trip to the Rec did not disappoint. I had a feeling all week we could do it. As soon as I stood out the back of the pub and cheered the squad walking down the path I knew we had this. Every one of those players heard us cheering and clapping loud as they walked down the path to the ground for the biggest game of the season.

What a night, what a game. Hats off to the superb Bath fans who were even applauding the Scarlets scores.  
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 2:34am
Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

Originally posted by PTScarlet PTScarlet wrote:

Anybody got a link to highlights or full match recording ? Game was on 2am Bangkok time and I had one too many cocktails at a work function and was sleeping by midnight

http://sport.bt.com/highlights-bath-17-35-scarlets-91364242978015

Does not work in the USA, hope we get a You Tube upload
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 2:35am
Scott Williams was outstanding tonight...Fonotia has some big shoes to fill..

Edited by Dafen Boy - 13 January 2018 at 2:35am
Flaggman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flaggman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 3:52am
Still in Bath but all the pubs are closed... I guess there are worse problems to have...
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 5:43am
Originally posted by Flaggman Flaggman wrote:

Still in Bath but all the pubs are closed... I guess there are worse problems to have...

Beer
llanelli_boy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote llanelli_boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 7:47am
Lovely stuff ! Going through all the highlights and social media posts getting all emotional! What a result !!!!! Bring on next week
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 7:52am
A special mention to Hayward, he is our Minister of Defense
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 7:55am
What a performance!! what an atmosphere! This hangover is going to feel so good today.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 8:03am
One guy who I thought was outstanding was Samson Lee. He mangled Obano in the scrum and was prominent around the park
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 9:04am
Well what can you say - shades of Munster last year. Summed up well by the Telegraph article :-

Simply breathtaking. Scarlets have a storied history in Europe, but this will rank among their finest ever performances. They mesmerised Bath with their speed of thought and deed like a stoat dancing around a defenceless rabbit.  

Sixteen years ago, Stephen Jones, now the Scarlets attack coach, delivered a individual masterclass here in a 27-10 quarter-final victory. Last night was very much a collective work of art. 

They started around 100mph and the pace only let up once their bonus point was secured through Scott Williams’ 51st minute try. Even when they went down to 14 men in the first half, the Scarlets kept pressing the accelerator and ended up scoring two tries through Paul Asquith and Hadleigh Parkes while John Barclay was in the sin-bin.

If Warren Gatland wants a blueprint of how his Wales team needs to evolve then this is it. Ambition without accuracy is nothing, however, and the most impressive aspect of this performance was the way all 15 players, forwards and backs, acted in complete unison whenever they sensed an opportunity. If their domination in open play was not enough, Wayne Pivac’s side also destroyed Bath at the set piece. 

In spite of the collective display, there were some standout individual performances from full back Rhys Patchell, centre Parkes and flanker Aaron Shingler, who should all interest Gatland. Towering above them all was second row Tadhg Beirne who delivered a tour de force for the ages. 

Beautifully summed up "like a stoat etc" priceless.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 9:19am
It would be churlish to try to analyse our performance because it was simply quite awesome. Scott & Hadleigh dovetailed superbly in the middle of the field; Asquith's workrate and intelligence make him the find of this season; Bulbring's 25 metre pass in his own 22 right to left was magnificent as was his work rate; our both front rows were dominant; Aaron carried and tackled himself to a standstill; Patchell oozes class and attacking menace; Dan does all the little things superbly and is slowly ridding himself of the little errors.

Spare a thought for Cook - he kept being dumped on his backside - Cawdor has raised his game this season to a totally new level - on this form he starts for Wales. I must admit when the news came through that Halfpenny & Jonny had been added to the unavailable list I had serious doubts. The answer, of course, lies with the coaches. They have got these players - all 23 carrying into gaps, looking to release their hands & offloading to colleagues who are running really intelligent support lines. All are comfortable in their attacking roles so one player goes down another steps in fully prepared. 

The challenge will come of course when weather conditions make the offloading more difficult. A final few  words for Hayward's fantastic defensive work & whoever is in charge of fitness because you have to be supremely fit to play at that pace.
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 9:23am
That Telegraph article sums it up perfectly.

I won`t lie, I was crying like a 2 year old at the final whistle. I honestly do think (considering the players that were out), that is our finest victory in the professional era, better than Wasps at home (with Boobyer), better than Bath away in 2002 and better than Toulouse in 2006.

Pivac has created a New Zealand animal in West Wales. Make no bones about it. I`ll write more later cause I`m hanging at the moment, proper hanging.

The slight sad note to proceedings is that we lose Beirne at the end of the season. Until then, I hope he plays every game like he did last night....................even though my mom was Shingler, he smashed their back row.
In Pivac we trust
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 9:26am
Beirne's try was fantastic. Bath supporter next to me left at half time. The forced atmosphere was cringeworthy from that guy on the microphone and I could see the bath fans feel the same way. Great perfomance, the team looked up for from the warm up and showed how good they were. Mighty impressed with Asquith and Pyrdie stepping up these last few weeks.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 9:39am
Carrying into space, passing out of the tackle, playing what’s in front of you, high skill & fitness levels, fully functioning set piece, thinking rugby .... Carwyn would be proud
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 9:47am
Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

Carrying into space, passing out of the tackle, playing what’s in front of you, high skill & fitness levels, fully functioning set piece, thinking rugby .... Carwyn would be proud

Thats a fact.Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
  Share Topic