Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets flag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scarlets flag
    Posted: 13 January 2018 at 12:37am
Ladies and gents,

Looking for a favour, as you head out through waunarlwydd into the wilds of ospreys country, on the left you will notice a lone scarlets flag flying... this is my old mans...an ex player from the 66-67 era.

Has anyone got a replacement flag for him, happy to give a few quid to cover costs, tried the club shop but we are too cool for that kind of thing now.

Any help would be much appreciated

Edited by gnasher1975 - 13 January 2018 at 12:38am
Sponsored Links

SVD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 6:08pm
I retired last May but that flag used to really cheer me up every morning on my way to Swansea Guildhall so I will gladly give your Dad my flag which is the same as his I think. PM me with contact details and I can pass on to you at next match or put in post.
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 6:56pm
Ditto
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 6:58pm
Ditto to be honest teams that regularly feature in big competitions regularly sell flags in their shops. We will soon.
james1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 8:27am
At the semi finals last year both Munster and Leinster dished out free flags to all fans at the playoffs and Munster did again at the final. Hope the shop get some soon in the shop. Mines starting to wear after all the away trips.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 9:03am

A Scarlets flag on every seat as Blues did on New Years Eve would be fantastic !!! and would be a sight to behold .
The Brain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Brain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 9:06am
Along with no doubt many others I'd quite happily buy flags from the shop - It just beats me why they don't make any.

Are they really costly or difficult to manufacture?

Edited by The Brain - 14 January 2018 at 9:06am

If you cannot bite, never show your teeth.
Pentigili View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentigili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 10:58am
Totally agree we need flags out on the seats in the stadium for Saturday.
james1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote james1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 12:41pm
They are about £1.35 to buy if you buy 100 so even with a small order you would have a good profit margin. Maybe a great fundraising idea for CRYS16.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 12:47pm
If Cry’s could do that and sell them for about £3 they’d make a fortune for the Stradey Gates. That’s a huge markup.
Cymroircarn9 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cymroircarn9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 12:58pm
More people should make their own flags, like the massive white one. Liverpool fans do it and they look fantastic and far more intimidating than all of the same plastic flags! If only 5 people did it it would transform the stadium pre match
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 4:22pm
Small, free paper flags were handed out at the game - by Radio Carmarthenshire, I think - a good initiative, and better than nothing!

I spotted a female a couple of rows in front - probably a Bath supporter like her beau - but she was wearing a beanie with pictures of sheep - I gave her a flag, saying: "With those sheep, you must be a Scarlets supporter!" Fair play, she took the flag, and still had it at the end of the game!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Small, free paper flags were handed out at the game - by Radio Carmarthenshire, I think - a good initiative, and better than nothing!

I spotted a female a couple of rows in front - probably a Bath supporter like her beau - but she was wearing a beanie with pictures of sheep - I gave her a flag, saying: "With those sheep, you must be a Scarlets supporter!" Fair play, she took the flag, and still had it at the end of the game!
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 3:06pm
Thanks all for replies and offers, managed to source a flag for him on the weekend, keep an eye as he is planning to extend the pole a bit to fly the flag a bit clearerLOL
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

Thanks all for replies and offers, managed to source a flag for him on the weekend, keep an eye as he is planning to extend the pole a bit to fly the flag a bit clearerLOL

I know the Kilvey Hill TV mast is crying out for a Scarlets Flag ! LOL 
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 11:25pm
Going off what he has said there might not be much in it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic