Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Team to face Argentina

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 9:40am
Tadhg let's hope this isn't a huge mistake already , and thy are resting no him,like the Leinster boys. If not, can he rip the contract up now???
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

Aaron is far and away the best 6 and possibly the only 6 of all those names mentioned in my opinion

Thats not totally correct. Moriarty's favoured position is 6 & Warburton has played at 6 for both Wales and the Lions. Its all down to what the coaches see as our gameplan DNA. They talk of playing a fast attacking offloading game featuring forward/backs offloading to support yet they continue to pick players in key roles that defy this stated aim - the biggest being Biggar at 10 so who knows. Until you have your way of playing then it becomes difficult to pick your best squad. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 10:16am

Tadhg let's hope this isn't a huge mistake already , and thy are resting no him,like the Leinster boys. If not, can he rip the contract up now???

I am surprised that Tahdg isn't on the bench. I never thought he would be catapulted straight into the test team ahead of Henderson & Ryan. He has got work to do to convince Schmidt that he is his type of player. Lets be honest Schmidt must have been aware of Tadhg in his Leinster days as a coach so he was part of the set up that let him go. Henderson is a Lion and Ryan will be a Lion next time so he has stern competition. 
T_RICHARDS_94 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_RICHARDS_94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 10:27am
It wouldn't bother me one bit if we lost this game, as long as they come out uninjured at the end that's all that matters.

Writer for The Rugby Club
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 10:46am
As Samson is injured and Rob may well need a rest, could the front 5 of the scrum be any stronger based on who is on tour? I'm not totally convinced by Thomas Francis and from what I've seen of Argentina and the Jaguares over the past two seasons their scrumaging is average. But they are very mobile and strong at rucking. I expect us to be able to win our own ball from scrums, even though we won't cause theirs much trouble.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 10:58am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I am surprised that Tahdg isn't on the bench. I never thought he would be catapulted straight into the test team ahead of Henderson & Ryan. He has got work to do to convince Schmidt that he is his type of player. Lets be honest Schmidt must have been aware of Tadhg in his Leinster days as a coach so he was part of the set up that let him go. Henderson is a Lion and Ryan will be a Lion next time so he has stern competition. 

FWIW there were not many, if any actually, that thought that Tadhg would be in the match day squad from the various rugby forums I have read today.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 11:30am
Good to see young guys getting a go...pretty sure next week will be the first choice pack and new guys in the backs where possible.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

In all honesty, beard has yet to impress at any level apart from the u20’s. He’s a big lump of a bloke, but doesn’t use it effectively. Hopefully I’m wrong on this tour. I would have preferred to see Jenkins at 6 and Seb Davies at 5.
Correct, I'm not sure what the fuss is about Beard but then we also see Wainwright in the squad?????
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

FWIW there were not many, if any actually, that thought that Tadhg would be in the match day squad from the various rugby forums I have read today.
It took us a while to select him to be fair but what a player he was from there on. He has nothing more to prove that he is bang up there with Irelands best so, given that he is now available not to pick him seems as though they think he does still has something to prove. IMHO He's much better all round than Henderson.

Edited by supertaf - 07 June 2018 at 12:18pm
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 1:06pm
Andrew Brace is the Welsh (ok Irish but he was born in Cardiff) referee for this match.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

It took us a while to select him to be fair but what a player he was from there on. He has nothing more to prove that he is bang up there with Irelands best so, given that he is now available not to pick him seems as though they think he does still has something to prove. IMHO He's much better all round than Henderson.

Thats one hell of a claim for someone who as yet to play at International level!!!! We all need to remember the huge step up it is to play in test matches against tier one teams. As I said Henderson is a Lion and he was pushing very hard for a starting spot against AWJ & Itoje. Much as I admire Tadhg I wouldn't burden him with that expectation just yet. 
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 3:14pm
Scmidt only starting two players who started the pro14 final (Kearney, Ryan).
Gatland has had six players who started involved in the last two weeks (Steff, Cubby, Cawdor, Patch, Parkes, Scott)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Rich (Bris) Rich (Bris) wrote:

As Samson is injured and Rob may well need a rest, could the front 5 of the scrum be any stronger based on who is on tour? I'm not totally convinced by Thomas Francis and from what I've seen of Argentina and the Jaguares over the past two seasons their scrumaging is average. But they are very mobile and strong at rucking. I expect us to be able to win our own ball from scrums, even though we won't cause theirs much trouble.

I'd have thought that Tomos Francis is definitely a step up on Dillon Lewis, and Brad Davies is surely better than Beard ATM - but that's just my opinion.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 3:50pm
Francis is shocking and a liability come scrum time.
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 3:52pm
Yeah You could be right aber-fan but I think there is not much in it if they are. I think the two starting may have the edge in open play, though I've not seen a great deal of them to be fair.
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 6:05pm
If anyone is watching the under 20s , if anyone thinks gerai t Lewis is a future coach of any Wales side good luck. Aus and nz destroyed Japan and we look a shambles
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic