Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Baz Lewis Prediction League 2018-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baz Lewis Prediction League 2018-19
    Posted: 03 August 2018 at 1:54am
I enjoyed this in 2016-17, but it seemed to fall apart in the 2017-18 season.

Even though I am still working. I would be happy to work with any of the more seasoned members to keep a weekly tab on this through the upcoming season.

Please let me know if any help is needed?

Thanks

DB

Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2018 at 8:10am
Sal will love being branded 'seasoned'.

Be good to get this up and running.
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2018 at 9:25am
I'm happy to help out if someone gives me the rules etc
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2018 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

I'm happy to help out if someone gives me the rules etc
thought with your username you would have to as that josh.Big smile
elmo761 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo761 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2018 at 12:44pm
Regularly seen the thread for this in previous seasons but felt too shy to ask how I join in.... so here goes “How do I get involved?” TIA
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/Elmo761
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2018 at 6:17pm
Elmo, when the competition is posted, you make your predictions for matches that haven’t yet started. Whoever is organising the comp takes care of the rest.

Having run the competition for a bit, here are my observations on (some of) the elements and how it works, for what they’re all worth.

1. Posting the forthcoming weekend’s fixtures say on a Sunday or a Monday to give folks max chance to participate. Sometimes, work pressures stop this happening until later in the week, or occasionally not at all.

Setting the matches out in order of kick off times (in U.K. time) to make it easier for people to see what matches haven’t yet started when they make their predictions posted. The trickiest time is the European weekends.

2. After the weekend, check the results of each predictor to see how many were correct. It is traditional to note the number of attempts as the league has been run on a percentage success basis.

Sal had a spreadsheet that was quite helpful in this respect. Once you put the number correct and number of attempts into the document, it works out the percentages automatically. However, with updates on excel, it sometimes came up with weird answers.

3. Publishing the table periodically so people can see how everyone is doing.

To me, it seems that the job could be split between someone posting the fixtures that and someone else checking the accuracy of the predictions and updating the spreadsheet, whether Sal’s or anyone else’s, publishing the table say monthly.

Think that’s it from what comes to mind.

Hope it helps and there are enough willing volunteers to make it work for the forthcoming season.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
elmo761 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo761 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2018 at 12:35pm
Thanks EO, will keep an eye on it and get predicting when the season starts 👍🏻
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/Elmo761
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2018 at 12:52am
it's not hard, a weekly list of fixtures and you guess who will win the fixture.

the difficulty is keeping the league up to date lol.
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
philturk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philturk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2018 at 12:52pm
Just an idea to make updating this simpler.....if predictions are added to a Google Doc, shared spreadsheet which is pre-populated with the seasons fixtures then updating will be a simple task of just inputting the weekends results and locking the sheet so that nobody can alter predictions after the event.

A simple "if/truth" formula will give you the results and auto populate the league table
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2018 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by philturk philturk wrote:

Just an idea to make updating this simpler.....if predictions are added to a Google Doc, shared spreadsheet which is pre-populated with the seasons fixtures then updating will be a simple task of just inputting the weekends results and locking the sheet so that nobody can alter predictions after the event.

A simple "if/truth" formula will give you the results and auto populate the league table
Sounds like progress and great thinking.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic