Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Six Nations 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Halfpenny fit to play v England

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2019 at 9:17pm
Expected Wales starting XV: Liam Williams; George North, Jonathan Davies, Hadleigh Parkes, Josh Adams; Gareth Anscombe, Tomos Williams; Rob Evans, Ken Owens, Tomas Francis, Cory Hill, Alun Wyn Jones (capt), Josh Navidi, Justin Tipuric, Ross Moriarty.
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 8:05am
think I would have preferred biggar to start for this one.
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 9:07am
I think Biggar picked up a slight knock playing for Saints last weekend. England would be more fearful of his kicking than Anscombes lack of creativity.

Tomos Williams is going to have to play the game of his life. Everything else pretty much expected. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

It's probably just part of the mind games being played between the coaches, making Eddie Jones adjust  his training  routine in case he's playing. Unfortunately he'll know that he's not playing by 11:05 tomorrow.

Quite so - I never expected 1/2p to play this wekend after such a long lay-off, and so it has been proved.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Grammar School Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grammar School Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 2:55pm
Cawdor is at 9, Tomos is out

Corey Hill always gets shown up against good teams, and this selection says Beard is not ready, and he might never be.  Ball and Jones don't seem to play well together.

England has a stronger team, and should win....Anscombe's goal kicking has been iffy under pressure, Biggar is the man for this contest.

Lee injured again, as happens every 6 Nations' training
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 3:20pm
Beard is young and is still very much a project. However he clearly has the physical attributes and must be impressing the coaches. Lets not get on his case just yet. Similarly all Cory Hill can do is keep performing. 

I agree with you that England are the better team based on their performances this 6 nations but on paper the teams are well matched. For me its at 9/10 that England look much stronger particularly at 10. This is a huge game for Anscombe - have a bad game and I can see him missing selection for the World Cup. Our front 5 must hit the ground running and our back row need to cover every blade of grass & continually pressurise the English 9/10/12. 
TurkQuay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurkQuay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 10:16pm
WRU Press Conference today -

Reporter: Was Leigh Halfpenny close? Gatland: "No. He needs a game for his region first.”
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2019 at 3:21am
This thread title should really read :-

Employee returns to work to his primary employer.

If indeed Leigh passes fit and is selected by the Scarlets we need to put this one in Scarlet Fever gold mun.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2019 at 6:49am
down a fiver already.Cry
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2019 at 9:32am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

.  This is a huge game for Anscombe - have a bad game and I can see him missing selection for the World Cup.  
I have the impression that Anscombe can play badly in every game from now to kingdom come and still be picked as the Wales no 10.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2019 at 9:52am
Originally posted by TurkQuay TurkQuay wrote:

<span style="color: rgb20, 23, 26; font-family: "Segoe UI", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 27px; letter-spacing: 0.27px; white-space: pre-wrap;">WRU Press Conference today -</span>
<span style="color: rgb20, 23, 26; font-family: "Segoe UI", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 27px; letter-spacing: 0.27px; white-space: pre-wrap;">
</span>
<span style="color: rgb20, 23, 26; font-family: "Segoe UI", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 27px; letter-spacing: 0.27px; white-space: pre-wrap;">Reporter: Was Leigh Halfpenny close?

</span><span style="color: rgb20, 23, 26; font-family: "Segoe UI", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 27px; letter-spacing: 0.27px; white-space: pre-wrap;">Gatland: </span><span style="color: rgb20, 23, 26; font-family: "Segoe UI", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 27px; letter-spacing: 0.27px; white-space: pre-wrap;">"No. He needs a game for his region first.” </span>

Totally agree Gatland 👍
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2019 at 10:26am
Reminds me a bit of the divine intervention (with apologies to Max Boyce and of course our Phil)

I heard it first on telly, I thought that sounded odd
McNicholl, Nicholas and Evans in, and Leigh not in the squad
So I phoned the Sky Q man, When his number I had found
I said the pictures alright but there’s something wrong with the sound
Well this chap came round in overalls and told me not to fret
He changed the repeater and the dish and connected up the set
He finished it by Friday having updated my Sky Q assets
I switched it on the fault had gone It said Halfpenny full back for Scarlets

Oh dear. Smile

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 22 February 2019 at 10:37am
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2019 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Reminds me a bit of the divine intervention (with apologies to Max Boyce and of course our Phil)

Oh dear. Smile

Nice one Rob.LOL
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2019 at 12:10pm
Oh dear, somebodies looking silly. Hp fit to play for the Scarlets.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2019 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Oh dear. Smile

Haha - very good! 

What Gatland says makes perfect sense, and was 100% predictable - Halfpenny needs game time with the Scarlets before being considered for Wales. The rest was just mind games, as Ffidel pointed out.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic