Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tom Price

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

Tom Price has had 14 first XXIII appearances this season, including 3 starts. Last season, he started once, with 3 further appearances from bench.

He's been one of the 'Tesco/Lidl Team' stalwarts, but perhaps he feels he has one more big opportunity at a great club back in England. Good luck to Tom.

I think he was injured most of last season, and I believe that he was told he needed to bulk up. He's had more opportunities this term but possibly feels he needs more. As you've said best of luck Tom.
Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Red Army Red Army wrote:

Steff Evans going to Glasgow.

A few weeks ago, Pivac Jon Daniels and his agent were saying that Steff was going nowhere, and that he had a year left on his contract. How times have changed ! I hope that this is the correct move for him ? Under the current rules, his Welsh career is over.

Dantheman2018 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dantheman2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 9:10pm
With Pivac taking over as National Coach his Welsh career is over anyway. Can’t get in Scarlets first 23 this year let alone starting line up so for whatever reason he isn’t rated. Can’t understand it myself but people far more qualified than me obviously have their reasons.
daveoda View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2019 at 1:02pm
Is Tom Price definitely off to Exeter? 
If so, he will be the Chiefs 2nd second-row signing after Will Witty from Newcastle Falcons
YMLAEN SCARLETS!!!
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2019 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Dantheman2018 Dantheman2018 wrote:

With Pivac taking over as National Coach his Welsh career is over anyway. Can’t get in Scarlets first 23 this year let alone starting line up so for whatever reason he isn’t rated. Can’t understand it myself but people far more qualified than me obviously have their reasons.

Good points - I seriously can’t believe that Steff has gone from pro 14 hero, to be capped x number of times by Wales, then injured over the summer, late start, now on the scrap heap. Wow.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2019 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

Originally posted by Dantheman2018 Dantheman2018 wrote:

Good points - I seriously can’t believe that Steff has gone from pro 14 hero, to be capped x number of times by Wales, then injured over the summer, late start, now on the scrap heap. Wow.

Scarp heap is  a bit over the top!!!!! The lad has some serious deficiencies defensively and will work on these before becoming a regular again. I see no problem at all in that. You either buckle down or throw your dolls out of the pram, move on and face the same issues with another coach. From my memory no player has become better by just moving club. 
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2019 at 9:50am
GPR, don't quite agree with you, players sometimes/often have issues with the coaches, and also the way the side plays, and see the only way forward is to move clubs.

Damian Welch is an example, he was an ordinary player with the Scarlets, neither a second row or a back row for us, but he left, took a year or so with Exeter 2nds and ended up a regular for them for the next 3 seasons or so, and he was a much better player than when he was with us, one can say the same with John Barclay and Sean Lamont.

The basics were there but they responded to different coaches and style and became better players.

Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2019 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

GPR, don't quite agree with you, players sometimes/often have issues with the coaches, and also the way the side plays, and see the only way forward is to move clubs.

Damian Welch is an example, he was an ordinary player with the Scarlets, neither a second row or a back row for us, but he left, took a year or so with Exeter 2nds and ended up a regular for them for the next 3 seasons or so, and he was a much better player than when he was with us, one can say the same with John Barclay and Sean Lamont.

The basics were there but they responded to different coaches and style and became better players.

Welch, Barclay & Lamont didn't have glaring inefficiencies that were being exploited by the opposition. Steff is not going to find a team to suit his attacking style any more than us surely. He himself is on record as saying he understands his problems and is working on them. 

For the record Welch remained an ordinary player & Barclay & Lamont were test class when they joined us and continued to be so. 
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2019 at 9:59am
We'll agree to disagree 
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic