Support up at Liberty!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Support up at Liberty!
    Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

I don't but into this 'we don't deserve to be in the Champions Cup' next season narrative.  We came 4th in our group and have earned the right for this playoff.  If we win, then in my opinion we deserve to be in the Champipons Cup next season. 

If we lose, then yes, we don't deserve to be in it, but that's a debate for next Sunday. For now, we should all be 100% up for this.  It is effectively a knockout game for next season's Champions cup - lets treat it as such.

100% agree its been a poor season but we finished 4th and entitled to our play off game, another footnote if it was not for that shocking double movement try in Treviso we would have finished third, only Frank Murphy and the Italian TMO will know how that was awarded .

Great news on ticket sales for Ospreys from the Scarlets!
if we had played our internationals at the arms park we wouldn't have been 38-0 down at 38 minutes we won 2nd half 17-3 so a poo decision in Italy is irrelevant.

Hadleigh Parkes at 10 in local Derby’s.🤦🏻‍♂️
Sponsored Links

Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 1:15pm
im in tenerife for the game anyone know a pub here that will have premier sports
Devonscarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devonscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 12:45pm
Just got my ticket. Managed to get out of work earlier on Saturday and will make the 3 hour drive from South Devon only to drive back at 05.30 to start work the following day. As I've said previously it's not the playoff we would have wanted to be in but it's a massive game none the less. I hope everyone on here (and their friends / family) can do everything they can to be there and cheer to boys into the Champions cup next year. Really hoping my drive home will be reflecting on a memorable scarlets performance to end this season on a positive. 
DevonScarlet
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 8:57am
Reminds me of Nigel Owens talking to the TMO a few seasons ago - 'so you're telling me there isn't any reason why I cannot not award the try?'....... 'so I can award the try?' LOL
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 8:44am
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 7:59am
All that working up high in all that pure oxygen has obviously contributed to your Blue Sky thinking Ladram in deciphering our posts 😂
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 7:42am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Nige, I read it again and got, “I’m under no illusion we are favourites”, rather than thinking we are favourites.

Could be wrong, in which case I’d like some of what GPR’s drinking.
and to think he went to grammar school.LOLLOLLOL

Yes Nigel sloppy grammar there!!! For clarity EO has deciphered my real intent - I do not see us as favorites. Even less when I hear the news that Aaron & Cubby will not play and Samson & Wyn are doubts!!!!
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Nige, I read it again and got, “I’m under no illusion we are favourites”, rather than thinking we are favourites.

and to think he went to grammar school.LOLLOLLOL
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 8:09pm

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I have some sympathy with your view GPR, but we shouldn’t judge whether or not we should be in the Champions Cup next year based on how we played against the Blues in the League this year. Our Champions Cup team would put the Blues Champions cup team to the sword for sure.   In fact, I’d rather be playing the Bleus than the Ospreys this Saturday.

But come on, you just have to get excited for thsi game on Saturday.

Rob of course I will be excited when the game arrives but I get excited every time we take the field. However I am under no illusion that :-

1. We are favorites to win on Saturday;
2. A win will in any way disguise what has been an appalling season for players, coaches & supporters. 

I really don't agree with those who believe that this group of players & coaches can somehow turn around the way we have played all season for this one off game. Yes we do have a chance to win mainly because the Ospreys are not much better than us. However they did beat the Blues last time out whereas our last performance was our most embarrassing performance since Pivac took over!!!!
what the **** do you base that on gareth?
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 6:37pm
Much as we got stuffed by Cardiff, they stuffed up elsewhere and could only finish 5th in their conference.
The season has given little to smile about and plenty to get cross over.
Yet, we finished 4th so have rightly got this last chance saloon play-off for the Champions Cup.
It’s a European Knock Out game.
We need to give it our all.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 5:09pm

800 tickets - we'lle have the Ospreys fans surrounded. Smile

Ospreys sold 5,000 already. Should be a sell out.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 4:55pm
800 tickets - we'lle have the Ospreys fans surrounded. Smile
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 4:42pm

Latest news on ticket information over 800 tickets sold from the Scarlets and another block secured NU3,so come on people get out your replica gear and join the Scarlets Army on Saturday .
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 3:37pm
loss of players leaving and injured, poor recruitment, loss of form and complacency from coaching team and maybe some players has led us to the abyss....the failure to play steff evans in the last few months is just bizarre and undoubtedly a massive mistake too
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:37am

I have some sympathy with your view GPR, but we shouldn’t judge whether or not we should be in the Champions Cup next year based on how we played against the Blues in the League this year. Our Champions Cup team would put the Blues Champions cup team to the sword for sure.   In fact, I’d rather be playing the Bleus than the Ospreys this Saturday.

But come on, you just have to get excited for thsi game on Saturday.

Rob of course I will be excited when the game arrives but I get excited every time we take the field. However I am under no illusion that :-

1. We are favorites to win on Saturday;
2. A win will in any way disguise what has been an appalling season for players, coaches & supporters. 

I really don't agree with those who believe that this group of players & coaches can somehow turn around the way we have played all season for this one off game. Yes we do have a chance to win mainly because the Ospreys are not much better than us. However they did beat the Blues last time out whereas our last performance was our most embarrassing performance since Pivac took over!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic