Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llanelli
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Llanelli RFC Team v Pontypool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:36pm
Yes!! That should be that!! Da iawn!!!
Sponsored Links

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:40pm
First part of weekend done some great performances but Taylor Davies at 6 awesome
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:56pm
FT Llanelli 27 Pontypool 16.

JOb done -much the classier team.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 9:02pm
Well done Llanelli RFC, half a job done, just another 80 minutes to go tomorrow afternoon.  Hope the Scarlets are inspired by the semi pros this evening and can emulate them and keep us in the Champions Cup.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

FT Llanelli 27 Pontypool 16.

JOb done -much the classier team.
Thought Ben Jeffries was very classy in his interview post match.

Delighted with the result and style, against some odds. A bit like Liverpool’s comeback v Barcelona, except in slow motion over many weeks.

Hope the guys enjoy a huge night out in celebration.

In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 9:19pm
I didn't realise that was conbeer. Fair play he did look a cut above, we need him in with the big boys next season. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

I didn't realise that was conbeer. Fair play he did look a cut above, we need him in with the big boys next season. 
Yeah looks like he's got massive potential. Richard Whiffin has got a very good reputation at Gloucester for nurturing their younger stars so hopefully he can do the same here.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Hendre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hendre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 9:47pm
One down one up next season! Unless there are radical changes at the club the RFC will be firmly at the bottom of a 12 team league, there’ll be very little room for manoeuvre.
You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.
Zig Ziglar
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 9:52pm
Well done Llanell. Pressure game and came up trumps. Clap
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 9:57pm
Congratulations Llanelli RFC on a brilliant win, please don't put us through it again next season as my nerves can't stand it! Clap Feel for Pontypool though as system has been so unfair on them over the last 3 seasons!
"YMA O HYD"
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 10:08pm

Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

Only released by Wales  7’s today.  Some heavy phone calls  👍
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 6:20am
The players did well, without exception as far as I could see - especially in the second half, when the forwards got a bit of a nudge on in the scrums. All game, Pooler's attempts to make ground with lineout drives failed, as the Llanelli boys were well up to the task of stopping them dead. 

The players who caught my eye were Taylor Davies (6) and Shaun Evans (8), who did well both as runners and at the breakdown (Davies is a hooker really, is that right? A very mobile one, if so!). Tom Prydie kicked his goals superbly - several really difficult ones - and was tidy all night.  Ryan Conbeer made a superb run for an 'almost' try - a very good cover tackle knocked the ball out just as he dived over. He also got stuck in in defence. Surely, he'll step up to the Scarlets on a fairly regular basis next season?

In truth, Llanelli should have won more easily - apart from Conbeer's near miss, the player he replaced (Ryan Davies) dropped the ball in the act of diving over, and hurt himself doing so - careless! Pooler seemed to have few ideas on how to make progress - there was an awful lot of 'pick and go', which led to them going nowhere, slowly.

The commentary team seemed well biased towards Pooler - too many Gwent guys, I think, though maybe also a bit of sympathy for the underdog. We can probably all feel that Pooler have been ill served by the system, whilst remaining glad that they didn't replace Llanelli!

Some of this probably unconscious bias also seemed to affect the officials - I don't know how Nigel could award a YC for a deliberate knock on against one of the Llanelli players in the first half, yet claim (not convincingly) that a pooler player who did the same second half was 'attempting to catch the ball' - it really didn't look like it! Worse was the TMO - when Tom Price (I think) and a Pooler player jumped for a high ball, initially everything was OK - a fair contest - but on the way down, the Pooler player grabbed Price's shirt and pulled him down faster; when Nigel asked the TMO the specific question: 'did he pull down on the shirt?' the TMO flat-out denied it, so either he's blind, or he's a liar. Fortunately, these decisions didn't affect the result.

A word for Tom Price, who's leaving - he was pretty anonymous first half, but far more prominent in the second, playing a significant part in the forwards gaining an edge, so well done and good luck.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 7:23am
Good outcome.

The RFC entity to hopefully reestablish its terms of reference next season. It’s a key component in the player development pathway toward a Scarlets regular.

Scarlets have their part to play in that, far too many fringe and academy squad players getting minimal game time ( of any kind ) this season.

If you are not in the Scarlets match day 25, and you are fit, then you play from a Prem side.
Supplement that with half a dozen ‘ stalwarts’.

Hope things get re-aligned.

Good work from the back room staff and committee in what must have been very challenging circumstances this season.

Edited by Wil Chips - 18 May 2019 at 7:24am
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 7:30am
Very wise words Wil.  The  character shown  last night was immense.  Pontypool were  there in droves.  I felt so proud last night and so  relieved .  I have to admit I had  tears of  joy . Cerddwn Ymlaen am  tymor newydd . Ymlaen Llanelli Ymlaen. 
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 8:09am
Great win by the RFC. Although it did again show how big the gulf is between semi-pro and regional level. Hopefully over the next couple of seasons the Celtic Cup will become a season long competition so all the promising youngsters and Scarlets squad players can play for the A side throughout the season. Gap between semi-pro and regional level desperately needs to be bridged.

Edited by scarletnut - 18 May 2019 at 8:10am
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 8:27am
Absolutely.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic