FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for London Irish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Team for London Irish
    Posted: 17 January 2020 at 11:49am
Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

I know it's a must win game but I'd prefer us to rest most the players who'll be carrying us through the international break, and not risking injury to the key international break players. Conbeer, Hughes, Macleod, Lousi, Thomson, O'Brien, Hardy etc.

15. Leigh Halfpenny 14. Jonny McNicholl 13. Paul Asquith 12. Hadleigh Parkes 11. Steff Evans 10. Dan Jones 9. Gareth Davies 8. Uzair Casseim 7. Jac Morgan 6. Aaron Shingler 5. Tevita Ratuva 4. Jake Ball 3. Samson Lee 2. Ken Owens 1. Rob Evans

16. Ryan Elias 17. Wyn Jones 18. Werner Kruger 19. Sam Lousi 20. Josh Macleod 21. Kieran Hardy 22. Angus O'Brien 23. Cory Baldwin

Mostly agree with this. Steff Hughes for Cory and swap Macleod for Morgan and put Blade on the bench unless he is injured. 
Sponsored Links

crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2020 at 11:25am
I know it's a must win game but I'd prefer us to rest most the players who'll be carrying us through the international break, and not risking injury to the key international break players. Conbeer, Hughes, Macleod, Lousi, Thomson, O'Brien, Hardy etc.

15. Leigh Halfpenny 14. Jonny McNicholl 13. Paul Asquith 12. Hadleigh Parkes 11. Steff Evans 10. Dan Jones 9. Gareth Davies 8. Uzair Casseim 7. Jac Morgan 6. Aaron Shingler 5. Tevita Ratuva 4. Jake Ball 3. Samson Lee 2. Ken Owens 1. Rob Evans

16. Ryan Elias 17. Wyn Jones 18. Werner Kruger 19. Sam Lousi 20. Josh Macleod 21. Kieran Hardy 22. Angus O'Brien 23. Cory Baldwin
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2020 at 9:37am
Ok my selection for this must win game :-

15. Leigh 14. Ryan 13. Baldwin 12. Steff Hughes 11. Steff 10. Angus 9. Cawdor 
1. Wyn 2. Ken 3. Samson 4. Jake 5. Tex 6. Aaron 7. Morgan 8. Casseim
16. Ryan 17. Rob 18. Werner 19. Sam 20. Josh 21. Hardy 22. Dan 23. Asquith.

I fully expect Hadleigh, Jonny & Josh to start but the above would be my team. Assuming that Fonotia, Blade & Cubby not yet fit. Good to see Taylor Davies playing for the RFC just in time for the Edinburgh game. 
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 5:33pm
I'm totally confused about all these outcomesSmileShocked
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

Hopefully Worcester beat Castres Friday night giving Castres a losing bonus point and no bonus point themselves for winning. We know then that we can qualify with a BP win on sat.

Doesnt matter though as Dragons will get 5 against the russians so there will be a runner up qualifier from that group anyway

If Worcester win with no bonus point and Castres get a losing bonus point they will finish joint on points with Worcester. This means Castres would finish 2nd on 19 points as they would have a better head to head vs Worcester. Meaning if we get a BP win and had a better points difference than Castres we would qualify ahead of them. This is with the assumption that Dragons will get a BP win

Edited by scarletsrules - 16 January 2020 at 5:02pm
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by solva solva wrote:

That's why I said announce the strongest possible team   Then a few injuries in the warm up. Simples.

LOL I wonder how many people are allowed to be travelling reserves?

Solva - your cunning plan could work... wonder if the organisers would hit the Scarlets with a fine for fielding a weakened squad, though? They could ask to check the injuries...

Like the 'independent' doctor did out in Treviso last year ? You know, the one who pulled off Kieran Hardy and Josh Mcleod, our two best players on the night, cost us the game, and ultimately our Champions Cup qualification for this season !

Edited by ap sior - 16 January 2020 at 3:28pm
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by aber-fan Although Solva's idea is sort of sensible, not only will the squad have to be announced before we know what is needed, but like any pro team nowadays, the players will run through the planned moves and general approach during the week, so not easy to switch all that at the last minute.[/QUOTE aber-fan Although Solva's idea is sort of sensible, not only will the squad have to be announced before we know what is needed, but like any pro team nowadays, the players will run through the planned moves and general approach during the week, so not easy to switch all that at the last minute.[/QUOTE wrote:

more tongue in cheek than sensible TBH.  But if we're out, it doesn't matter about the drills - any old team will do.
more tongue in cheek than sensible TBH.  But if we're out, it doesn't matter about the drills - any old team will do.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

That's why I said announce the strongest possible team   Then a few injuries in the warm up. Simples.

Solva - your cunning plan could work... wonder if the organisers would hit the Scarlets with a fine for fielding a weakened squad, though? They could ask to check the injuries...

I'd be amazed if they could fine a club bearing in mind Sarries sent a 2nd string team to the Liberty & London Irish did very much the same in round 1.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 1:39pm

“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 1:25pm

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 1:13pm

A big squad should go up to Reading Friday. Announce the strongest possible team. If the Leicester result is not in our favour, rest those who've done most of the work this season and use the men who've had limited opportunity so far.

Team has to be announced by Friday midday, so we can't change the team barring injury.

Indeed.

Although Solva's idea is sort of sensible, not only will the squad have to be announced before we know what is needed, but like any pro team nowadays, the players will run through the planned moves and general approach during the week, so not easy to switch all that at the last minute.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 1:11pm
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 12:10pm

A big squad should go up to Reading Friday. Announce the strongest possible team. If the Leicester result is not in our favour, rest those who've done most of the work this season and use the men who've had limited opportunity so far.

Team has to be announced by Friday midday, so we can't change the team barring injury.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 12:08pm
all internationals. full pelt for this one. we are not going to see the internationals after this one and theres decent break from fixtures for the rest until next fixture.
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 12:07pm
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 10:19am
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

Hopefully Worcester beat Castres Friday night giving Castres a losing bonus point and no bonus point themselves for winning. We know then that we can qualify with a BP win on sat.

Doesnt matter though as Dragons will get 5 against the russians so there will be a runner up qualifier from that group anyway
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic