Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets - Munster match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 8:25pm
I believe that all cases (top level) should be decided by World Rugby. Certainly would avoid the kind of conflict of interest that occurs when an RFU panel judges the cases of an England international a couple of weeks before an England game. It would also then hopefully result in more consistency in the decisions. This Covid period has also shown that players having to fly to the hearings wouldn’t be a problem with this system as it could all be done remotely.  
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Thanks for the positive feedback.Thumbs UpThumbs Up

Not me mate I think your posts are rubbish WinkWink 

(only joking before I get accused of racism towards bathrooms ha!)
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Thanks for the positive feedback.Thumbs UpThumbs Up

Not me mate I think your posts are rubbish WinkWink 

(only joking before I get accused of racism towards bathrooms ha!)

Too late, offence takenWinkLOLWinkWink
Tiobraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiobraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 3:17am
It is clear I misinterpreted the remark made by Legend... I wholeheartedly apologize. Sorry Legend.

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 6:13am
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

O’Mahony is free to play this weekend after not being banned. 
Ridiculous decision. If one of the yellow cards was for a technical offence then I’d half understand but not getting a ban for two acts of foul play is utterly disgraceful.
proof if any were needed that walesonline gets it's news from the forum your post is quoted in todays paper,yesterday in a piece on rugbys hardest men it had a picture of scott gibbs showing os du rant what's what,it was a picture of a south african winger.Shocked
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Tiobraid Tiobraid wrote:

It is clear I misinterpreted the remark made by Legend... I wholeheartedly apologize. Sorry Legend.

Good of you to post this.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 1:23pm
[QUOTE=Tiobraid]It is clear I misinterpreted the remark made by Legend... I wholeheartedly apologize. Sorry Legend.

[/QUOTE
Apology accepted Tiobraid, it’s always nice to see contributors from other regions and provinces posting on scarlet fever.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 8:18pm

I believe that all cases (top level) should be decided by World Rugby. Certainly would avoid the kind of conflict of interest that occurs when an RFU panel judges the cases of an England international a couple of weeks before an England game. It would also then hopefully result in more consistency in the decisions. This Covid period has also shown that players having to fly to the hearings wouldn’t be a problem with this system as it could all be done remotely.  

I like what the NFL does for immediate decisions. They have a team of 3-4 top level TMOs/panel who sit in a central room and watch and make decisions on all major reviews. They make the calls and nobody else. We should do the same thing. When it comes to a post match review, there is no need for anyone to attend in person. All by video now. We could use the same panel.
Scarlets before Wales
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2020 at 12:40am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

I like what the NFL does for immediate decisions. They have a team of 3-4 top level TMOs/panel who sit in a central room and watch and make decisions on all major reviews. They make the calls and nobody else. We should do the same thing. When it comes to a post match review, there is no need for anyone to attend in person. All by video now. We could use the same panel.
Same thing happens in MLB and while i don't disagree with the idea, we all know where the "central room" will be week in week out...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
  Share Topic