Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for A Fixture v Dragons.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2020 at 4:31pm
And with the double whammy of non players not being released back to clubs as they usually are, due to Covid bubble restrictions- at least the same rules will apply to all clubs though 

Edited by reesytheexile - 14 October 2020 at 4:31pm
Sponsored Links

EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2020 at 5:30pm
Pivac certainly has his favourites. Cubby and him were good pals and he did get the best out of him. 
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2020 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

For me thats another example of Pivac's flaky selection. Cubby needs games before he is ready for International rugby. Basham has squad experience & is match fit. 
I wouldn't say its a pivac thing. It was a gatland thing as well. Some players make the squad with no game time... Others aren't selected due to lack of game time. Common theme in Wales. 
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2020 at 9:22pm

Gutted for Josh. Ken's omission is not the end of the world as it will give him some R&R while he recovers & gives Ryan Elias the chance to really step up for Wales. It will also allow Parry some much needed time to prove he is International quality. 

Agree fully. It's ELIAS TIME. This is his big chance.
Scarlets before Wales
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2020 at 8:16am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

For me thats another example of Pivac's flaky selection. Cubby needs games before he is ready for International rugby. Basham has squad experience & is match fit. 
I wouldn't say its a pivac thing. It was a gatland thing as well. Some players make the squad with no game time... Others aren't selected due to lack of game time. Common theme in Wales. 
Fact of the matter is every coach has their favourites. It’s nothing new 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2020 at 8:24am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

I have no problem with coaches having their opinions on players but you have to compare two players who are fit with some gametime. Cubby has been out since the World Cup with  a hip issue followed by calf problems. He has been eased back in by the Scarlets - quite rightly. Is he ready for a full on International game? Ok if Cubby is released for the not so important France game and told to get a good 60 minutes under his belt away to Benetton along with Liam then I will understand otherwise why risk it?  Its not as if players cannot be called up during the campaign which is being played in Europe. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2020 at 8:42am

I have no problem with coaches having their opinions on players but you have to compare two players who are fit with some gametime. Cubby has been out since the World Cup with  a hip issue followed by calf problems. He has been eased back in by the Scarlets - quite rightly. Is he ready for a full on International game? Ok if Cubby is released for the not so important France game and told to get a good 60 minutes under his belt away to Benetton along with Liam then I will understand otherwise why risk it?  Its not as if players cannot be called up during the campaign which is being played in Europe. 

Can they be released given the fact they are in bubbles?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2020 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Can they be released given the fact they are in bubbles?

That is an interesting point. I can't see much difference going from one bubble at PYS where testing is done regularly to the Llantrisant bubble where again testing will be done regularly. No difference really from the match day experience where two heavily tested bubbles meet. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2020 at 10:02am
I doubt they will be released, possibly if we had a home game

But to travel to Italy, play a game and then travel home and then travel back to camp

I just can't see the wru taking any risks with any players until these games are done tbh

At least Treviso are losing a load of players as well
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2020 at 11:19am
When is Sams hearing? This game will be one less of his ban hopefully. 
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2020 at 11:36am
4 week ban for Sam
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2020 at 11:36am
Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

When is Sams hearing? This game will be one less of his ban hopefully. 
He’s been banned for 4 weeks. 

Misses the Benetton, Edinburgh and Zebre matches. 
Captain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2020 at 12:13pm
They give a 4 week ban. I personally don’t think that is fair. No intent and size difference between both players. Red should have been sufficient. 

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2020 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Captain Captain wrote:

They give a 4 week ban. I personally don’t think that is fair. No intent and size difference between both players. Red should have been sufficient. 

Surely that opens up the case for scrum halves to be decapitated every game!!!! It is incumbent on the tackler to tackle a player within the rules. 4 weeks, considering it is 2nd red card this year is reasonable. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2020 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

I doubt they will be released, possibly if we had a home game

But to travel to Italy, play a game and then travel home and then travel back to camp

I just can't see the wru taking any risks with any players until these games are done tbh

At least Treviso are losing a load of players as well

Can't see the difference - the bubbles have been set up to cater for such things. Chartered flights, no passport control, play the game come home. Exactly the same risks as face the Welsh team when they play in Paris. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2020 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Captain Captain wrote:

They gave a 6 week ban reduced to 4. His red card against Munster meant he couldn't receive full mitigation. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic