Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SUPPORTERS TRUST NEWS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Supporters Trust - Any News ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2006 at 8:13am

Once you ask for volunteers and the desired number of people volunteer, that's reason enough not to continue asking for people to help I'd have thought.

As has been stated to death, the current individuals, after volunteering, are getting together the preliminary steps needed for the initial meeting -  the date of which is yet to be set and so that is why there has been no update. What's the point of updating a thread with no information? From this meeting, all those wishing to put themsleves up for the committee will be able to do so.

To answer Laura - if you really wish to help then by all means do so and put yourself forward at the initial meeting. There is no cover up and I'm sure any hesitation would have been because you weren't up to speed with the what's already been done. Remember that this meeting was with Supporters Direct to ask specific and final questions as all involved have thouroughly read the handbook and spoken to SG and not as a basic information gathering session. If you trully feel that strongly about the matter then volunteer. No-one can stop you getting involved.

Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2006 at 10:54am

I think it's indicitive of Welsh rugby tribalism and culture. We could have signed the greatest players in the world and people would moan, Huw Evans could give us 30 million quid and someone would moan. Is it because it's supporters making an effort that there are gripes and suspicions? this scheme will hopefully benefit the club and the people who follow it but only if people get rid of their suspicions and thinly veiled digs and accusations. Opportunities have arisen from day one for people to get involved. I admit that a few more requests could have been forthcoming, as well as replies from the initial group to people asking to get involved, but these things are part of a learning curve. I still find it incredible that certain comments have been made or at least alluded to when these  guys are using their own spare time to set something up. You can't set a group up without an initial group to set it up (you know what I mean).

If this was being set up by the club I would immediately have suspicions and wouldn't go near the blydi thing as I have absolutely no respect for those running it (some of you may have noticed!), but it is supporter led and so deserves to have a chance to start. Everyone will have a chance to get involved (maybe not all, depends if the club want to deal with certain people, no names) so hang on and see what appertains.

I'd go as far as to say I think it's only our supporters and townsfolk who'd be negative about aspects of it.

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2006 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

Once you ask for volunteers and the desired number of people volunteer, that's reason enough not to continue asking for people to help I'd have thought.

As has been stated to death, the current individuals, after volunteering, are getting together the preliminary steps needed for the initial meeting -  the date of which is yet to be set and so that is why there has been no updateWhat's the point of updating a thread with no information? From this meeting, all those wishing to put themsleves up for the committee will be able to do so.

To answer Laura - if you really wish to help then by all means do so and put yourself forward at the initial meeting. There is no cover up and I'm sure any hesitation would have been because you weren't up to speed with the what's already been done. Remember that this meeting was with Supporters Direct to ask specific and final questions as all involved have thouroughly read the handbook and spoken to SG and not as a basic information gathering session. If you trully feel that strongly about the matter then volunteer. No-one can stop you getting involved.

i started it to see if there were any updates, it's like the discussion the other day on why are there stadium topics if nothing is happening.

as i said i think we've had the answer. let them get on with it and i'm sure the next update will be on their part when everything is up and running.

hmmm, so tempted to lock this....

Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2006 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Quagmire Quagmire wrote:

i started it to see if there were any updates, it's like the discussion the other day on why are there stadium topics if nothing is happening.

as i said i think we've had the answer. let them get on with it and i'm sure the next update will be on their part when everything is up and running.

Please dont do that quag. It'll only give the negative minority another opportunity to have a dig.

If this is left here as an  open, 'Sticky' topic, then anyone who has a genuine query can always post, AND BE GIVEN AN ANSWER. After all, when we eventually get to the open meeting, and subsequently, the launch, we want as many people as possible to attend, thereby ensuring a fully representative, democratic organisation.

If ANYBODY has questions, please feel free to ask via this thread, or, if appropriate, by PM, and I'm sure that any one of us will be more than happy to reply accordingly, to the best of our abilities.

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2006 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Quagmire Quagmire wrote:

Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

As has been stated to death, the current individuals, after volunteering, are getting together the preliminary steps needed for the initial meeting -  the date of which is yet to be set and so that is why there has been no updateWhat's the point of updating a thread with no information? From this meeting, all those wishing to put themsleves up for the committee will be able to do so.

Sorry, didn't mean to preach Quag.

Yup, let us get on with it and we will update when there is something to say.

wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 11:10pm

Just to let you all know that the latest Rugby Team Supporters Trust (Edinburgh) has an article in this months Supporters Trust Newsletter.

http://www.supporters-direct.org/docs/Issue22.pdf

heres the cut out of the article.

wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2006 at 9:29pm
wrecsamscarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrecsamscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 5:26pm
Is the meeting for 28th September still on and where is it?
The boy is back in town!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 8:25pm

Originally posted by wrecsamscarlet wrecsamscarlet wrote:

Is the meeting for 28th September still on and where is it?

Yes ws, the meeting is still on, and willl be held in the Tetley Suite at 7.30 pm.

It has been publicised in the match programmes for the Gloucester (home) pre-season game,and the Glasgow ML game. There are posters up all around Stradey, including the ticket office, the shop, the social and Scrum bars, and in the Patron's bar, as wella s leaflets handed out at Stradey.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 11:12pm

How would someone get put forward? volunteer and get accepted on? voted on? or nominated by a member of the attendance? will "personality"/postings on this forum shall we say be taken into consideration?

No need to worry, i'm not throwing my hat in the ring. You know my views, i'm well up for this trust to work as long as it's supporter run. Just want to pass on info to people who are going to be turning up. Some happy to just invest like me(whatever meagre spare cash I can muster) and one or two fancy getting invloved.

Edited by no.6
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 11:33pm

Hi 6, the meeting on Thursday is simply to explain what a Trust is all about, and to ask for a mandate from the meeting to Launch the Trust shortly. It's the way it has to be done.

Any trust member will be eligible for election, not just contributors to the board or Working Group members, all we have done is bring it to this point. None of us think in any way that we have an inalienable right to any position within the Trust. We'll simply be glad to have contributed a little to something which will hopefully be of great value to the fans, and to the Scarlets in the future. 

Whoever takes the reins when the time comes will need to be prepared to set aside a great deal of time and effort to make sure that the venture is indeed a success.

By it's very nature, the Trust WILL be supporter run, as it will only have officers from within it's own ranks, and is a legal entity in it's own right.    

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2006 at 7:59pm
I know the poster has been posted in the main section, but I would suggest your last post has better info and would be better suited in there, more people scan that section.
ursamajor View Drop Down
Founder
Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ursamajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2006 at 9:57am
Originally posted by no.6 no.6 wrote:

How would someone get put forward? volunteer and get accepted on? voted on? or nominated by a member of the attendance? will "personality"/postings on this forum shall we say be taken into consideration?

No need to worry, i'm not throwing my hat in the ring. You know my views, i'm well up for this trust to work as long as it's supporter run. Just want to pass on info to people who are going to be turning up. Some happy to just invest like me(whatever meagre spare cash I can muster) and one or two fancy getting einvloved.

If there is a mandate for the formation of a trust, by a show of hands, anyone can put their names forward to join a working group, (which really starts operating after the open meeting) This group then sets about registering the trust and electing representatives etc.

Other Trusts  (football clubs) working groups have consisted of anything betwen 4 and 50.

The whole point is that it is open, inclusive and democratic.

If there is no mandate on Thursday night it could be the last chance to initiate an organisation with genuine supporter involvement at the Region.

Its up to you.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic