Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pivac to Northampton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pivac to Northampton
    Posted: 19 December 2017 at 6:28am
And they have money to spend... watch this space
One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 6:43am
I would hope we go for compensation if he does as he recently signed a 2 year extension with us.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 6:53am
Blinkin contractors...reaching straight for the terms and conditions to find the bucks...

knutsfordlion View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 6:54am
Originally posted by PTScarlet PTScarlet wrote:

And they have money to spend... watch this space

I cant see it tbh.
They are a club in freefall, and why would he leave us having just signed on?

We are still in with a shout in Europe and are top of our conference and in line for a play off there.

I think he feels he has things to achieve with us over the next few seasons, and is the sort of guy who will want to see that through.

He has worked hard over a number of seasons to assemble the sort of squad he wants here, and would have to start from scratch with the Saints, and implementing his style would take a lot of time again.

He will stay.
Page the oracle
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 7:05am
You'd expect the Saints to aim high.

We should be flattered that Pivac is amongst the names being floated about....yesterday it was Gatland..there will be a basket of others..

Saints are a good outfit, well run, with deep pockets, but this rumor isn't going anywhere in my view.

1carmscarletsfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 1carmscarletsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 7:41am
Really hope this doesn't happen,as there seems to be great structure in our coaching team and also as said above I think we are on the brink of becoming a side that can compete in Europe week in week out. We have already proven that we are a force in the pro 14 again this season and between Wayne and the rest of our coaching team we have built a great squad which I believe has huge strength in depth. Keep up the good work Wayne and staff
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 7:49am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Blinkin contractors...reaching straight for the terms and conditions to find the bucks...

merely crossing T's and dotting I's my friend.Big smile
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 7:50am
#claimprevention
PTScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 7:52am
They would have to buy him out of contract but that shouldn’t be a problem with their money .
One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 8:23am
So what substance is there to this other than Pivac was at the backend of a list of possibilities for the job in the Rugby Paper? And that based on nothing more than that he has the attacking credentials that Barwell says he wants. Although that is after signing Biggar. Looking at it from a distance, the signing of Biggar would be a substantial disincentive to Pivac.

Pivac signed Patch because of the type of flyhalf he is and Blackadder has RP1 as number 1 in Bath because of the type of flyhalf he is. The signing of Biggar limits the type of coach the Saints will get.
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 8:33am
#gatsforsaints

Yeah? That's back that horse! 
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 8:39am
Sigh, another one? Can we just get CCTV set up on the car park and have a live feed on here?
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 9:09am
Can we please have another thread like the one we had about The Jumper? That was ace. LOL

PS With a different outcome obviously.
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 9:26am
i think it shows the arrogance of barwell to be throwing out different coaches names that are under contract. I mean i don't think that pivac would be interested as he has work left to do on his project at the scarlets so this is a genuine non starter. I am a bit baffled to gatland s name being touted as their top target. He would cost northhampton an absolute fortune. He would require a similar wage to what he is on now, his loyalty bonus he is due to receive, and I presume the wru would want some sort of compensation for the upheaval.
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 9:30am
This isn't a rumour it is speculation from the Rugby Paper and Wales online. There is no source. They have also been linked with Gatland and a host of others including Stuart Lancaster, Mike Ford and Gregor Townsend!!! It is the media shooting in the dark. From what I've read it seems they are putting a temporary coaching structure in until the summer anyway, so nothing will happen until then.

If they were to move for Pivac, and if I was a rich backer of a big club, i'd be looking at him, would wellies go with him? (don't think he would) and if he didn't would this be another disincentive for Pivac?
judith View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Matthew Cardey Matthew Cardey wrote:

i think it shows the arrogance of barwell to be throwing out different coaches names that are under contract. I mean i don't think that pivac would be interested as he has work left to do on his project at the scarlets so this is a genuine non starter. I am a bit baffled to gatland s name being touted as their top target. He would cost northhampton an absolute fortune. He would require a similar wage to what he is on now, his loyalty bonus he is due to receive, and I presume the wru would want some sort of compensation for the upheaval.

Also the difference being they could have Gatland LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic