Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1 Million Posts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1 Million Posts
    Posted: 11 June 2020 at 12:00am
It's taken 16 years but we're just about to pass over 1 million posts on the forum Party

Just wanted to say thanks to all the regulars, occasionals, lurkers and even trolls for their contributions over the years.

From my first week spent on here 11 years ago it immediately became a place that i've been addicted to checking daily and long may that continue.

Diolch Thumbs Up

Edited by minded - 11 June 2020 at 12:00am
Sponsored Links

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 12:37am
Goodness me lads and laddesses a million rants Big smilewe dont half ramble on here lol Imagine how many Novels we could have written by now LOL
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 6:37am
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

It's taken 16 years but we're just about to pass over 1 million posts on the forum Party

Just wanted to say thanks to all the regulars, occasionals, lurkers and even trolls for their contributions over the years.

From my first week spent on here 11 years ago it immediately became a place that i've been addicted to checking daily and long may that continue.

Diolch Thumbs Up
brilliant,don't forget smellymike a misunderstood genius.LOLClap
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 6:42am
Thanks to you, Minded and all the moderators past and present for the extra time and efforts to aid our collective addiction/blessing.

Keep up the good work.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 7:38am
I claim the largest amount of bilge in my posts award as we cross that mark.

I remember logging on after years of lurking sitting in my house in Colombo , and getting my 'baptism' from Smellymike ( who at the time was the modern day equivalent of a firewall).

It was and is an integral part of how someone away can keep in tune with the Scarlets.

I'd lost my way ( as a supporter) around the departure from Stradey and the move to the professional era, turned up to games randomly and drifted in to a state of general Scarlets unawareness.

Scarlet Fever connected the dots backup again.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 8:13am
Feels great to have achieved something in my life!

I nominate the post that is now my signature as my favourite. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 10:40am
I cannot now imagine life without this forum. Great stories from likeminded people; wonderful recollections of past glories and future dreams of success; differences of opinion on a huge range of topics in the vast majority of cases politely expressed & some serious rugby knowledge shared. Here's to the next million. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 11:12am
Wow - that’s an achievement! Very well done to all Administrators/ Moderators for their work 👍  
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 1:34pm
Congratulations Fever!

It's through SF that I got to know loads of fans that I perhaps otherwise wouldnt have met, or wouldn't have met so easily.

It was 2008 and I was taking photos of the very early stages of the construction of Y Parc when I met a chap down there. Got talking, turns out he was a fan and he told me about Scarlet Fever. I had no idea it existed. His forum name is ursamajor, one of the founders. So he's the one to blame! Wink

When I was first on the forum I think its safe to say it was a busier board at that time. Names like Salimdach, Smellymike, TonduTurk, Wizard and of course the Legend that is Lofty were regular posters then that spring to mind.

I think the growth of media like Twitter has had a detrimental effect on the numbers on Fever. I think its fair to say that it became popular to poke fun at fever and the 'bewts' posting on there. Which I think was a bit unfair on the forum. Especially when the people poking fun were ones that no longer contributed. People might also be surprised by how many people actually view Fever but have never posted.

Ive stuck with it and it is still a place I enjoy to visit to priase the Scarlets, players, coaches and fans or to have a rant after a particularly bad defeat, also to see plans for away trips etc. Every now and again one of the bits of news from a 'source' actually turns out to be true! The signing of David Lyons springs to mind. It is also a place to be critical should you wish. That can provide beneficial information to the Scarlets as well if its constructive, but worthwhile if only to have your two penneth.

But mostly I thank the forum for putting faces to names and adding to the feeling of belonging that being part of the Scarlets family is all about.

I couldnt remember ursamajor's name so I had to trawl through the list of members to remember it. It had to start with U didnt it! But in doing so it jogged the memory and made me think of former posters. Sadly some are no longer with us. RIP.
One in particular comes to my mind. Cheers Baz. Beer

Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 2:43pm

Congratulations Scarlets Fever!!! What an amazing stat!!! 

Edited by 157cb - 11 June 2020 at 3:07pm
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 3:11pm
Congrats to SF and all those involved in making it happen.  As others have said, it's been a great place to come and discuss the rugby and to make a few new friends along the way. I've learnt a lot from posters over the years and it really adds to the match day experience and a sense of belonging to the club.

I won't mention a name (to protect the innocent) but the strangest thing that happened to me was to find as I was interviewing someone for a job (a long way from Llanelli which makes it an even bigger coincidence), that they were not only a Scarlet fan but a regular contributor to this site. In line with good HR practices, I gave the job to the best candidate mind.

That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 3:53pm
congrats to SF, I dont know if there is in the web an other forum like this...an incredible platform to share informations about Scarlets, meet and know other fans and friends...
Hope in an other millions of posts..
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Congrats to SF and all those involved in making it happen.  As others have said, it's been a great place to come and discuss the rugby and to make a few new friends along the way. I've learnt a lot from posters over the years and it really adds to the match day experience and a sense of belonging to the club.

I won't mention a name (to protect the innocent) but the strangest thing that happened to me was to find as I was interviewing someone for a job (a long way from Llanelli which makes it an even bigger coincidence), that they were not only a Scarlet fan but a regular contributor to this site. In line with good HR practices, I gave the job to the best candidate mind.

cracking yarn Tongue it must have been hard to resist  not giving it to a fellow turk lol LOL
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 3:59pm
So who wrote the millionth post? Surely he / she should receive an award or a gift? 
Maybe a free copy of cor meibions greatest hits?Big smile
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

cracking yarn Tongue it must have been hard to resist  not giving it to a fellow turk lol LOL
Ha Ha, well you think he would have learnt the words to 'Yma o Hyd' seeing it was in the job specification under 'Experience of - essential' Smile
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 4:48pm
I can see it now ...Yes Id like to apply for the role Ive got the experience, qualifications and heres my cv... yadda yadda yadda.......Now just turn on the disco lights and pass me a microphone LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic