Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1 Million Posts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2020 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

It's taken 16 years but we're just about to pass over 1 million posts on the forum Party

Just wanted to say thanks to all the regulars, occasionals, lurkers and even trolls for their contributions over the years.

From my first week spent on here 11 years ago it immediately became a place that i've been addicted to checking daily and long may that continue.

Diolch Thumbs Up

Huge achievement this ClapClapClapClapStarStarStarStar I've been around since 2008, but my question is, over 1 million post, but how many emoticons? StarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedClapClapClapClapClapClapClapLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
That’s like one of this questions in the Church fete where you’re asked to judge how many marbles are in the bottle 😂 
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2020 at 9:29pm

Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

It's taken 16 years but we're just about to pass over 1 million posts on the forum Party

Just wanted to say thanks to all the regulars, occasionals, lurkers and even trolls for their contributions over the years.

From my first week spent on here 11 years ago it immediately became a place that i've been addicted to checking daily and long may that continue.

Diolch Thumbs Up

Huge achievement this ClapClapClapClapStarStarStarStar I've been around since 2008, but my question is, over 1 million post, but how many emoticons? StarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedClapClapClapClapClapClapClapLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
If there was an emoji counter, you'd be responsible for 80% of the entire forum I reckon Clap
Personally, I think Mrfwon’s emoticon game has been suffering from burn out, injury, lack of rotation in selection.

His peak was probably about 5 years ago.

Maybe time for a new coach and revised goal setting to restore him to his former world-beating, in a way that Boris Johnson can only read scripts, lie, or ad lib........

Whadda you say Mrf?
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2020 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

Congratulations Fever!

It's through SF that I got to know loads of fans that I perhaps otherwise wouldnt have met, or wouldn't have met so easily.

It was 2008 and I was taking photos of the very early stages of the construction of Y Parc when I met a chap down there. Got talking, turns out he was a fan and he told me about Scarlet Fever. I had no idea it existed. His forum name is ursamajor, one of the founders. So he's the one to blame! Wink

When I was first on the forum I think its safe to say it was a busier board at that time. Names like Salimdach, Smellymike, TonduTurk, Wizard and of course the Legend that is Lofty were regular posters then that spring to mind.

I think the growth of media like Twitter has had a detrimental effect on the numbers on Fever. I think its fair to say that it became popular to poke fun at fever and the 'bewts' posting on there. Which I think was a bit unfair on the forum. Especially when the people poking fun were ones that no longer contributed. People might also be surprised by how many people actually view Fever but have never posted.

Ive stuck with it and it is still a place I enjoy to visit to priase the Scarlets, players, coaches and fans or to have a rant after a particularly bad defeat, also to see plans for away trips etc. Every now and again one of the bits of news from a 'source' actually turns out to be true! The signing of David Lyons springs to mind. It is also a place to be critical should you wish. That can provide beneficial information to the Scarlets as well if its constructive, but worthwhile if only to have your two penneth.

But mostly I thank the forum for putting faces to names and adding to the feeling of belonging that being part of the Scarlets family is all about.

I couldnt remember ursamajor's name so I had to trawl through the list of members to remember it. It had to start with U didnt it! But in doing so it jogged the memory and made me think of former posters. Sadly some are no longer with us. RIP.
One in particular comes to my mind. Cheers Baz. Beer

This and thankyou Sir.

This forum has been a fantastic place over the years, the laughs, the madness, the lunatic pissed members late on Friday evenings with complete disregard  for sanity, the moderators on full time watch keeping an eye on the brilliance of it all.
There are Fantastic people on here, have been privileged to meet lots and lots of you and this forum has been a doorway to meet friends and like minded Scarlet rugby fanatics.  You all know who you are out there who know me and the kindness, indeed generosity and outright friendship has continued this unique love affair with all thinks Scarlets. 
Yes a million posts and well deserved while other forums have withered and died, this which the SF founding fathers created still survives.
TBH the rugby knowledge on here and the depth of all things rugby is exceptional.  The debates have taught me lots of rules, history and how diverse this club has as its members. 
So many memories with hundreds on here at various stafiums have created a going away culture which has been mind blowing tbh. And I thank you all for those, you know who you are.
I will mention Smelly who was the original Tomahawk missle on here, absolutely bonkers but a lovely guy, his contributions on here were compulsive nuttiness.  Again the forum was the reason we became friends and I interviewed him for a job, and ended up talking Scarlets and the rest as they say is history. 
My stuff while not being the most knowledgeable about rugby was always based on my love for this legendary side, not to everyone's taste but it was honest and from the heart.
The Scarlets indeed started at that NZ game and that love has never waned, that roar at Stradey hit a nerve i never knew i had and seeing the joy in my dads face that day, created the love that I have for my birthplace, llanelli and the players that represent for me, the greatest club side in the World.
A little town in.West Wales that took on the World of rugby and won my soul.

Thankyou SF and all of you for your valued time and friendship. 

And of course Baz who I met outside the toilets at Cardiff City stadium...huge character and again his love for the Scarlets and Val....enabled by SF...." are you lofty" start of a great friendship and miss him.

Edited by lofty evans - 08 September 2020 at 8:57am
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2020 at 12:55pm
Brilliant stuff guys. Praise and prose in equal measure.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2020 at 1:33pm
Wait wait we have 991,000 mun.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2020 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Assume that as i have admin access it gives me the full count of every post visible and some hidden to the rest of you ie. troll posts we've moved or where i created a section for say the Six Nations 2011 that's now hidden in the background.

Current post count is:- 1,003,763 Posts in 42,420 Topics in 29 Forum(s)

Edited by minded - 08 September 2020 at 3:39pm
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2020 at 3:37pm
Top darts then!

Thanks to Smellymike for getting ya over the line 😎
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2020 at 3:38pm

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Assume that as i have admin access it gives me the full count of every post visible and some hidden to the rest of you ie. troll posts we've moved or where i created a section for the Six Nations 2011 that's now hidden in the background.

Current post count is:- 1,003,763 Posts in 42,420 Topics in 29 Forum(s)

I missed this, as I stopped reading for a while, in the absence of any rugby... it's a terrific achievement, and all thanks to the mods (especially) and to the many and varied characters who make the site so interesting, stimulating and fun!

Thanks to you all, and well done!
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic