Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

15 for Sarries ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 15 for Sarries ??
    Posted: 09 January 2017 at 3:27pm
Any thoughts on this front?

I would be inclined to go as strong as possible, and then rest depending on the result, for the Sale game?

A lot depends on injuries but here goes:

Sanjay
Jonny
Hadleigh
Scott
Steff
Dan
Jony Evs

Rob
Ken
Werner
Jake
Tom
Bierne
John B
Cubby

Subs:
Wyn
Ryan
Nicky Thomas
Boyde
Josh

Aled
Aled T
Foxy

I would have had DTH on the bench but had to go with Aled to give us cover at 10 and a kicker.

Any other ideas?

Aaron if fit obviously with then perhaps Bierne on the bench to cover back 5 instead of Josh??

Still a good side, and we have shown at home, we can front up and Sarries wont relish it.

I hope Sanjay has a stormer to answer his critics ( and I have been one of them. )
Page the oracle
Sponsored Links

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 3:34pm
  Strongest available 23,can't see Cawdor available .

SanjayJonny,Foxy,Scott,Hadleigh,Dan,JonEvs,Rob,Ken,Samson,Jake,Beirne,Aaron,John B.and Cubby.

Subs.Steff Evs,Aled.T Aled.D,Wyn,Ryan,Werner,Price and Boyde 
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 4:08pm
no brainer,strongest team as possible.i do think we can get at sarries on sunday.would love to put one over on them!! quick question,,,,,but say we win sunday,and say,go all out and get a bonus point win up in sale,is it possible we could still qualify for last 8 of euro cup?
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

no brainer,strongest team as possible.i do think we can get at sarries on sunday.would love to put one over on them!! quick question,,,,,but say we win sunday,and say,go all out and get a bonus point win up in sale,is it possible we could still qualify for last 8 of euro cup?
beat sarries and sale - it will be mathematically possible to qualify.

Edited by PE SA - 09 January 2017 at 4:12pm
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 4:12pm

Yes, depending on other results going our way
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Just for our SA friends - Weste is die beste!
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Yes, depending on other results going our way
yeah,was thinking that.

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
trident View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 5:12pm
Qualifying or not, to get 4 wins out of that group would be a pretty good return
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by trident trident wrote:

Qualifying or not, to get 4 wins out of that group would be a pretty good return
agree.

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 5:42pm

agree.
To beat Sarries, or even draw, would be in the top 10 results since the club was founded. They are a monumentally good side.
Supporter of the evil region against the gallant union
Llywarch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Llywarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 5:46pm
Is Samson out??? Could do with another performance from him and Rob akin to their Toulon defeating best and not accept the mediocrity that we sometimes see from them when they ought to be stepping it up several gears. 

If we are to become a team that qualifies for European knock out rounds then out senior internationals need to step up. Gone are the days where they are easily the best in our team - we must now look to the likes of Rob, Samson and Foxy to up their game. 

It's easier said than done because of the hegemony that international rugby possesses over the season and the players aspirations - somewhere in the re-structuring of the season lies the answer. 

I'm not sure what other forum members think but I for one think that Scott plays better (through no intention) with the captaincy, and given that there doesn't seem to be an obvious candidate other than Parkes (who, although currently, is not certain of his place), maybe Scott should have the captaincy next year. Leaving Ken and Elias to have a real battle for the jersey. 

I fear that Europe is a bridge too far this season, with the mistakes of the first 20 minutes down in the Cote d'Azur being the reason we don't qualify. But I think it's ours to lose now in the league, we have have a point between us and Glasgow and are yet to play them away. We should should be targeting the 6 nations period heavily expecting nothing less than to win each and every game. The important squad is the one that plays these games - they are the ones that will get the top 4 for us. 

Then the real challenge will be getting the internationals into the side and getting them on form. 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

agree.
To beat Sarries, or even draw, would be in the top 10 results since the club was founded. They are a monumentally good side.
OK slight exaggeration, but damn they're a strong side LOL
Supporter of the evil region against the gallant union
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 7:20pm
Too many injuries or rather injuries will dictate selection across the positions..
2ndtimeround View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 7:22pm
Anything other than the strongest possible side available will be unacceptable, we are the Scarlets playing at home, trying to encourage fans back to the games. Never mind the mathematical odds of qualifying, we are playing the reigning European Champions at home, I expect us to do everything we can to beat them both on and off the pitch.
Wil Scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 10:46pm
Totally agree - we have to field our strongest team. I feel Hadleigh, Steff Evans, Johnny Evans, Boyd and Barclay have to play, and if our 2nd rows are not Ball and Price we will struggle.
Hope Beirne or Shingler are back to play some part.
Scott Williams - I think I'll cut down on the fags!
whataguy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whataguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 11:16pm
Another very good post wil😊. You never fail to impress
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 3:52am
And you never fail to be great value in reply. Knock yourself out replying to this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic