Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

20 players out of contract

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 38>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 2:49am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Hope Barclay sees his career out with us. Great leader and role model for the team and can see him being a good coach post retirement.

Completely agree, an excellent role model for the younger players
Sponsored Links

dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 1:32pm
Some quotes from Jon Daniels in today's rugby paper - sorry these aren't exact, just what I remember from looking at it in the newsagents....

Confident we will be able to keep the majority of those out of contract, some deals already been agreed but not announced.

Looking to put together the best squad we've had in recent times.

Thinks we will make 3 to 5 new signings but too early to tell exact number as things are evolving.

Confirmed we are looking to sign Moriarty.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 2:25pm
11 is a majority out of 20. I pray that only Beirne and Aled, are moving, and I would have loved to keep those two as well. It is vital to keep Cubby and to add a big ball carrying back-rower.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

11 is a majority out of 20. I pray that only Beirne and Aled, are moving, and I would have loved to keep those two as well. It is vital to keep Cubby and to add a big ball carrying back-rower.

I was encouraged when I read, (if true), that we offered Beirne more money than he would get in Ireland, so that indicated to me that for the right player, the cheque book was open.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 7:58pm
Yes, in the board and coaches I trust. I’m sure they won’t want to weaken the current squad and they did promise funds for Pivac, as it was one of the things that he stipulation when renegotiating an extension of his contract.
It should be an interesting few months, especially with the ending of the domestic seasons in the Southern Hemisphere and players currently over here for the autumn internationals. I wouldn’t be surprised if we announce a new signing or 2 over the next few weeks, especially as with Beirne leaving next season frees up a nwc place and the fact that we are being heavily relied upon by Wales, leaving us quite bare in certain positions.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 12:05am
Any signings would be a wasted announcement now. We have 3 home games between Dec 9th and Jan 5th, that's when we need to build interest. Selling out on Boxing Day is an absolute must as champions.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 9:27am
I don’t see John Barclay moving. He loves his home location and his wife is well settled into the community with friends all with young children and he likes playing for the Scarlets. He still gets to play for Scotland and indeed Captain his country. A 3 year deal and a coaching role possibly thereafter 🤔
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 1:27pm
Midi Olympique have linked Scott Williams with a move to Racing 92
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
najbritcol View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Did bugger all for Dan Lydiate and, much more relevantly, Jamie Roberts.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by najbritcol najbritcol wrote:

Don't think their bank managers would agree with you!!!!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Don't think their bank managers would agree with you!!!!

But their coaches probably would.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 1:41pm

He was linked to Ospreys once just think what that would have done for his career   
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

He was linked to Ospreys once just think what that would have done for his career   

Quite.  Besides, even if he played in all the remaining Tests this season, Scott would still be just short of the 60 caps required under the new law.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 1:47pm

I don’t see John Barclay moving. He loves his home location and his wife is well settled into the community with friends all with young children and he likes playing for the Scarlets. He still gets to play for Scotland and indeed Captain his country. A 3 year deal and a coaching role possibly thereafter 🤔
Isn't it refreshing that a union are willing to pick a player purely on his ability not where he plays.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Isn't it refreshing that a union are willing to pick a player purely on his ability not where he plays.

Tell that to New Zealand, England and Ireland...
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 1:49pm
Let's remember that at times like these, the agents are having a field day and all they are trying to do is to up the value of their players hence lining their own pockets too. The whole Ball thing is just to up his value.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 38>
  Share Topic