Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

23 for Exeter ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 2:05pm
Who says there is too much rugby?!!!
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Sponsored Links

NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 2:10pm
It's also a chance to getting key combinations working together ahead of the SA tour games, so may see some of the Tescos team among the Lidl squad!

Twitterer @ebenezer68
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 2:29pm
Is there any point in this competition for the welsh sides? Maybe our squads are weaker or we supply more to the international sides but it seems the English sides always seem to be able to supply a stronger team yet not compromise their league ambitions. Nice to see the youngsters get their chance but also harsh to throw them in `en block` and get hammered. Does no good then.
Scarlets - Pro 12 Champions 2017
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Is there any point in this competition for the welsh sides? Maybe our squads are weaker or we supply more to the international sides but it seems the English sides always seem to be able to supply a stronger team yet not compromise their league ambitions. Nice to see the youngsters get their chance but also harsh to throw them in `en block` and get hammered. Does no good then.

I don't see any point to these fixtures. The English national side is selected from 12 teams ours 4. That says it all. Make it a total development team i.e. no more than 5 games for the full team or scrap it. The RFU are calling for a longer season then scrap these fixtures and save a few weeks.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 3:51pm
Its huge pressure on the entire pathway system for us. The Scarlets get lots of players taken off them by Wales and Llanelli gets lots of players/academy players taken off them by Scarlets, leaving both the Scarlets and the RFC very weakened and you then add on the burden of the Anglo-Welsh on Sunday with the Wales 7's and all the injuries that take place anyway and it is just not worth it. We also have BI cup next month as well. Too many games. I still don't see the need for the 4th AI either. A tough month awaits !
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 4:09pm
Agreed. There's a world of difference between a 'competitive' match and being thumped.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Its huge pressure on the entire pathway system for us. The Scarlets get lots of players taken off them by Wales and Llanelli gets lots of players/academy players taken off them by Scarlets, leaving both the Scarlets and the RFC very weakened and you then add on the burden of the Anglo-Welsh on Sunday with the Wales 7's and all the injuries that take place anyway and it is just not worth it. We also have BI cup next month as well. Too many games. I still don't see the need for the 4th AI either. A tough month awaits !

Have heard this could be the last season of the BIC cup.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

It is
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 5:07pm

Yes. English clubs want to do their own thing. Personally we need a bit of a breather in Wales with our small playing base I feel!
najbritcol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 7:02pm

Yes. English clubs want to do their own thing. Personally we need a bit of a breather in Wales with our small playing base I feel!

Small compared to whom?  England? South Africa? New Zealand?  It is a big wide world out there.  I doubt most countries with a population of just three million have circa 300 rugby clubs (excluding schools and universities, of course).
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by najbritcol najbritcol wrote:

Small compared to whom?  England? South Africa? New Zealand?  It is a big wide world out there.  I doubt most countries with a population of just three million have circa 300 rugby clubs (excluding schools and universities, of course).

It is not the number of clubs that is the issue, it is the falling rate of participation. Smaller clubs have to do what was and is to some, the unthinkable and merge with neighbours.
najbritcol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

Originally posted by najbritcol najbritcol wrote:

It is not the number of clubs that is the issue, it is the falling rate of participation. Smaller clubs have to do what was and is to some, the unthinkable and merge with neighbours.

True - even my local team postponed a match on the weekend because so many players were away on a stag-do!  Nevertheless, whatever problems some grassroots clubs have, this doesn't detract from the fact that, especially in the grand scheme of things, Wales is still one of the world's leading rugby nations.  (Rugby needs Wales much more than the other way round).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic