Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

5 years ago today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Four supporters buses left Parc y Scarlets at 3am Friday morning.
,with the game on the Friday night. I don't think the lonesome bar person in the Ibis knew   what hit her when we all turned up. The stadium was the location of the Paris Olympics where the film chariots of fire   was based on. It was also where Benny won his first cap.   Epic weekend. .

Wasn't there for the Scarlets' game - but I DID see Benny's first cap - one of the first substitutes in test rugby (maybe Wales's first? I forget) - came on very late for Gerald Davies, and I don't think he touched the ball! The ground was called Stade Colombes, back then.

(BTW - I don't think Racing 92 play there any more, so don't go to the wrong place!)

I think it was the first ever international cap. I wasn't there as I would have been several months old, but seem to recall from trivia questions he played fullback for that game. Not certain of course.
Scarlets before Wales
Sponsored Links

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

,with the game on the Friday night. I don't think the lonesome bar person in the Ibis knew   what hit her when we all turned up. The stadium was the location of the Paris Olympics where the film chariots of fire   was based on. It was also where Benny won his first cap.   Epic weekend. .

Wasn't there for the Scarlets' game - but I DID see Benny's first cap - one of the first substitutes in test rugby (maybe Wales's first? I forget) - came on very late for Gerald Davies, and I don't think he touched the ball! The ground was called Stade Colombes, back then.

(BTW - I don't think Racing 92 play there any more, so don't go to the wrong place!)

I think it was the first ever international cap. I wasn't there as I would have been several months old, but seem to recall from trivia questions he played fullback for that game. Not certain of course.

Benny did Win his 1st Cap there in1969,it was brilliant to see Phil on one of the four supporters buses out in Paris for that historic win over Racing .
swm View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 9:58pm
Yes me and ang had a photo with benny holding Ower scarlet fever flag great weekend
steve and ang
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 10:03pm
I was there. It was a great win. Times have changed, though, since then. Racing are massive favourites this seson.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 2:05pm

I wasn't able to find if Benny was Wales's first ever sub (though I think it likely), but had forgotten that Mike Gibson for Barry John in a Lions v SA test in 1968 was the first ever; Ian Macrae for Scotland was the first in the 5N.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
swissscarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 10:40pm
What a trip what a win what a weekend
west is best.
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 10:55pm
I was there, sitting on the bird poo covered seats, what a disgusting stadium for a team with so much money that attracted so many expensive players just hope their new stadium is up to standard! LOL
"YMA O HYD"
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 8:45am
12 months to the date yesterday we demolished bath at the rec.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Scarletstarch Scarletstarch wrote:

I was there, sitting on the bird poo covered seats, what a disgusting stadium for a team with so much money that attracted so many expensive players just hope their new stadium is up to standard! LOL

I don’t think that you need to worry about bird poo or anything unpleasant at their new stadium. It’s an extremely impressive indoor arena in a very nice part of Paris. I’m sure those scarlet fans making the journey to Paris next weekend will find the stadium a vast improvement over the old one.
All the pressure is on them next weekend with Ulster beating them yesterday so who knows what will happen.
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 10:26am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

I'd be surprised if there was a repeat !

If we play same team as played Leicester I fancy us to do it! There was a significant change yesterday. But with Six Nations ahead I dont think it will be same team.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 10:39am
The forward power we will be up against next week in Paris is light years ahead of what we saw from the Tigers yesterday. Show the same intensity and desire and we will give them a game for sure. It will be great preparation for Leinster away. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic