Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

5 years ago today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 years ago today
    Posted: 10 January 2019 at 9:45am
We beat Racing 19-13 in Paris Smile

Edited by supertaf - 10 January 2019 at 10:53am
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Sponsored Links

Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 10:26am
I was there, big night!
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 11:07am

I was there !!!
Rambler_2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambler_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 11:36am
and meClap
Keef from Neef
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 11:59am
Was there too they kept the hotel bar open for us as well haha
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 1:47pm
If it's the one when Kristian Phillips scored then I was there too.   Left Llanelli at 3am.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
matt_george View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt_george Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 2:20pm
Our team that day makes for some interesting reading as well!

Racing Metro 92: Benjamin Fall; Juan Imhoff, Henry Chavancy, Juan Martin Hernandez, Marc Andreu; Jonny Sexton, Mike Phillips; Julien Brugnaut, Virgile Lacombe, Brian Mujati, Karim Ghezal, Fabrice Metz, Antoine Battut (capt), Dan Lydiate, Jacques Cronje. 

Replacements: Jeremie Maurouard; Soane Tonga'uiha, Luc Ducalcon, Juandre Kruger, Camille Gerondeau, Maxime Machenaud, Benjamin Dambielle, Alexandre Dumoulin. 

Scarlets: Aled Thomas; Kristian Phillips, Nick Reynolds, Scott Williams, Frazier Climo; Rhys Priestland, Gareth Davies; Phil John, Emyr Phillips, Samson Lee, Jake Ball, Johan Snyman, Aaron Shingler, Rob McCusker, John Barclay. 

Replacements: Kirby Myhill, Rob Evans, Jacobie Adriaanse, Richard Kelly, Josh Turnbull, Rhodri Williams, Gareth Maule, Jordan Williams.

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 2:20pm
I'd be surprised if there was a repeat !

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 2:22pm
18 of that 23 have now left us !

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 3:08pm
I was there and remember Frasier Clemo making an athletic catch over his head in the ingoal area to prevent a Racing try.

Could’ve been mistaken mind you.

Stayed in the nearby hotel that Racing used as pre match changing. Their presence meant a closed bar ☹️
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Dafen Turk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 3:13pm
Maybe wrong but I think that was the first time we did a rendition of Flower Of Scotland for John Barclay pitchside at the end of the game.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 4:33pm
Four supporters buses left Parc y Scarlets at 3am Friday morning.
,with the game on the Friday night. I don't think the lonesome bar person in the Ibis knew   what hit her when we all turned up. The stadium was the location of the Paris Olympics where the film chariots of fire   was based on. It was also where Benny won his first cap.   Epic weekend. .
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 6:26pm
I was there. An amazing game, and two amazing nights drinking with fellow Scarlets.

The trip where French men were singing ‘we all dream of a team of Samson lees....’

Edited by multinational - 10 January 2019 at 6:27pm
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
Ian Lewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 8:53pm
I was there, the 3am start to get to a game that started at7pm GMT was truly an epic endeavour by all who travelled. As ever Bus 1 was the bus to be on, party central.
It's not always about where you end up, it's about how you get there.
JonnyLewis420 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonnyLewis420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 11:17pm
I was there
For the losers now, will be later to win.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Four supporters buses left Parc y Scarlets at 3am Friday morning.
,with the game on the Friday night. I don't think the lonesome bar person in the Ibis knew   what hit her when we all turned up. The stadium was the location of the Paris Olympics where the film chariots of fire   was based on. It was also where Benny won his first cap.   Epic weekend. .

Wasn't there for the Scarlets' game - but I DID see Benny's first cap - one of the first substitutes in test rugby (maybe Wales's first? I forget) - came on very late for Gerald Davies, and I don't think he touched the ball! The ground was called Stade Colombes, back then.

(BTW - I don't think Racing 92 play there any more, so don't go to the wrong place!)
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic