Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A nation has forgotten it's natural instincts.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A nation has forgotten it's natural instincts.
    Posted: 19 March 2017 at 3:40pm
I'm not sure about anyone else but I find watching Wales very boring. I include the Wales v Ireland in that too. Yes it's been intense ferocious and unrelenting but I don't see us comfortable in doing what is asked. The game was an open one yesterday in the main and it was crying out for Faletau and Sam to have come on quite early. We need to be playing our natural footballers. As time goes on in feel more and more that I'm watching St Helens or Wigan. The Ball is designed to be passed not stuck up some someone's jumper for him to charge like hell. In the 92/93 season Llanelli played rugby avoiding contact and attacking the space provided. It's time these welsh coaches moved on and we got coaches in who are far more respectful of the inate skills that Welsh rugby has.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Sponsored Links

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 4:16pm
I cant believe that the majority of the time, this back line seem incapable of simply passing the ball IN FRONT of the man
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Dafen Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

I cant believe that the majority of the time, this back line seem incapable of simply passing the ball IN FRONT of the man

Foxy threw a couple of howlers yesterday
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

I'm not sure about anyone else but I find watching Wales very boring. I include the Wales v Ireland in that too. Yes it's been intense ferocious and unrelenting but I don't see us comfortable in doing what is asked. The game was an open one yesterday in the main and it was crying out for Faletau and Sam to have come on quite early. We need to be playing our natural footballers. As time goes on in feel more and more that I'm watching St Helens or Wigan. The Ball is designed to be passed not stuck up some someone's jumper for him to charge like hell. In the 92/93 season Llanelli played rugby avoiding contact and attacking the space provided. It's time these welsh coaches moved on and we got coaches in who are far more respectful of the inate skills that Welsh rugby has.
couldn't agree more martin,unfortunately the farce at the end will deflect attention away from the fact that apart from the deliberate knock down we never looked like scoring and we have some players who are very handsomely paid can't do the basics of the game like giving and taking a pass,the tactic of kicking the ball away and letting the opposition run back at you will always result in tired players and mistakes at the end of games(how many times time have we lost in the last 5 mins of game).
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 7:15pm
its hard to totally evaluate the centres when we have a fly half who stands so deep....peter jackson had a good rant on scrum v
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

its hard to totally evaluate the centres when we have a fly half who stands so deep....peter jackson had a good rant on scrum v
he didn't criticise biggar mutch he said that sam should have had more gametime
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

couldn't agree more martin,unfortunately the farce at the end will deflect attention away from the fact that apart from the deliberate knock down we never looked like scoring and we have some players who are very handsomely paid can't do the basics of the game like giving and taking a pass,the tactic of kicking the ball away and letting the opposition run back at you will always result in tired players and mistakes at the end of games(how many times time have we lost in the last 5 mins of game).

In fairness, neither England or Ireland looked like scoring from open play yesterday.

It is in effect, league with lineouts. Even the scrums are as crooked as the ones you get in league.
In Pivac we trust
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic