Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Shingler.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aaron Shingler.
    Posted: 11 September 2017 at 5:16pm
Haven't been his biggest fan in the past as I always though him very inconsistent. One great bame followed by several poor where he'd go missing.

So just wanted to shout out that he's been bloody brilliant the last half a season or so. Much better consistency and more physicality. A pleasure to watch him throwing handoffs all over the shopClap

Edited by TheKing - 11 September 2017 at 5:17pm
Sponsored Links

Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 6:02pm
Best 6 in Wales? - offers way more than Lydiate in terms of attack, lineout and whose defence, tight play is now almost as good. Depends if you consider Morriarty a 6 or an 8.
magicman64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magicman64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 6:41pm
Well if there's a better 6 and 7 in wales I would like to know where
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 7:20pm
Yeap also noticed his form is consistently getting better and better. I think he is now showing what he is capable of behind a good tight 5. 
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 7:27pm
He is in the high of his form, in the same situation as he finished last season...well done Aaron, an example for all young player, with the hard work you can achieve all young want
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 7:33pm
His athletic ability has never been in doubt. Safest lineout option when on/near our line I think I've ever seen...then pace and good hands.

What he's added/been helped by is being given the role of line speed trigger...i.e. first man up in to their line on their ball...he's not there to knock them back...just hold them up or bring them down...hugely effective part of his game now...

Add that all together and your as near a complete 6 as your going to get in my view.

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 7:50pm
He should be second choice behind Warburton or first choice with Warburton openside however I can't see it with King and Lydiate on DC Gatland will select them first.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 7:55pm
I'd be very surprised if Aaron makes the AI squad unless wales have significant injuries in the back row.

Not sure why but his face doesn't seem to fit. If he manages a game before then I expect to see Lydiate being selected. Despite not having played for Wales for a while prior to his injury, I understand Lydiate's NDC was renewed last season.

Anyone know the length of his new contract ?

I also expect Jamie Roberts to get a call up to the squad. I just cannot fathom the current thinking of the Welsh coaches. Other teams are evolving their game but Wales aren't. Why ? Can someone answer me ?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 9:08pm
Aaron is a magnificent athlete who has added a little bit of bulk & dog to his game. Must be the first name on the teamsheet.
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 9:31pm
I'd like to see Wales pick him as 2nd row (they have before) - imagine him and our front row combining with Moriarty, Falatau, Tipuric/Cubby/Young!!! Won't happen of course
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 12:42am
Wales selection and tactics are still in the dark ages
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 10:00am
One of our strengths at the moment is that we have so many players in form, who probably won't be involved in international rugby.

The likes of Parkes, Byrne, Shingler, Elias, J-Mac, Patch give us a decent core in the international windows.
*NEW* KIDS HALFPENNY T SHIRTS
ON SALE NOW

http://llanellitee.spreadshirt.co.uk
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 2:22pm
Warburton to miss all of Wales Autumn tests due to neck surgery which could sideline him for 4 months.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Warburton to miss all of Wales Autumn tests due to neck surgery which could sideline him for 4 months.

Why the blues want him I don't know. Frankly if I was them I wouldn't re-sign him. He hardly plays any games.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

His athletic ability has never been in doubt. Safest lineout option when on/near our line I think I've ever seen...then pace and good hands.

What he's added/been helped by is being given the role of line speed trigger...i.e. first man up in to their line on their ball...he's not there to knock them back...just hold them up or bring them down...hugely effective part of his game now...

Add that all together and your as near a complete 6 as your going to get in my view.

Interesting analysis - I've always been an admirer for the reasons in your first paragraph - our lineout is never as good without him (though, TBF, we don't seem to be messing up many of late, no matter who plays). Presumably Rawlins does the same job when Shingler is rested?

With Warbs, Ellis Jenkins (and Cubby) all out injured, it'll be very difficult for the Wales selectors to ignore Aaron.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 4:09pm
You have got to think that, had he not been injured, Cubby would have surely gotten a call up with the injuries aber-fan listed above.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic