Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


Topic ClosedAbysmal Security

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
kronos View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 May 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 4
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abysmal Security
    Posted: 23 May 2017 at 8:00pm
After hearing of the Manchester bombing last night it has prompted me to mention something of concern when at the Scarlets ground a few weeks ago.

I went  to see the Scarlets v Ospreys match.  I was quite early so went to the supermarket for dinner.  While there I bought some water and sandwiches to eat at half time.  I was a bit concerned as I had the sandwiches in a rucksack and didn't know whether I could take my own food in.

I walked along the entrance road, passed stewards/security guards (no check of rucksack) went to the shop, passed a security guard on the door (no check of rucksack) had a look, came out and asked a burly security guard at reception where to get programmes.  Rucksack on my back for most of the time, but at this time   held around my shoulder. (no check of rucksack)

Needed the toilet,so went to the Barn, where there is a band playing and a children's area.  Walked straight past the security guards on the door, (no check of rucksack) went to said toilet and hung about for a while listening to the band.  Various security guards walking by, not once asked about my rucksack.

Went into the ground and sat in the foyer  for about an hour.  Went to my seat S3 U aisle.  Half time, went to foyer again, had sandwiches etc., various security guards passing  and yes you guessed it  (no check of rucksack)

After the match walked out and into the barn for toilet again, passed two security guards,   (no check of rucksack)

Walked down the exit road, and lo and behold, armed police everywhere and the road was blocked.  I asked the guy behind me what had happened, to which he replied "if there is a certain crowd attendance they do this"

So after having multiple opportunities to place a rucksack (possibly) full of explosives wherever I felt like, we have armed guards on the road after the match. And yes I wasn't asked about my rucksack.

Scarlets security...appalling.

Am I disgusted by the Manchester attack ? I most certainly am.

Am  I surprised the attack was allowed to happen??

Not In the slightest

Gareth
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 25 October 2004
Location: Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 12246
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 8:06am
This is surprising, as the guards at the back gate (after the underpass) always check my plastic bag. Maybe someone should 'have a word' with whoever is in charge.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Back to Top
kronos View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 May 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 4
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 9:27am
Hiya

Yes it is disturbing more than surprising. 

Safestyle are usually pretty good, they do check thoroughly at the likes of CCFC football matches.

Rugby matches are obviously well known to be far more relaxed than football matches, .but.....it's not about the more relaxed part, it's about the threat of terrorism, and the general ploy with these people is to strike where it is least expected.

Scarlets v Ospreys? always a good crowd. An ideal chance for chaos, and yet they have armed police at the end of the match?  Ha ha, unthinkable.

Ah well, 100 views and one reply?  Lets see what the larger audience think when I contact the evening post later today.

Many thanks

Gareth
Back to Top
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 July 2009
Location: N18
Status: Online
Points: 9660
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 9:32am
Great idea Gareth, really get the message out there so that EVERYONE knows about... or alternatively actually contact the club with your concerns and maybe not advertise it on open forums that would-be terrorists might read.
Back to Top
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 13 March 2012
Location: South Suffolk
Status: Offline
Points: 13896
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 10:00am
Many will pay less attention to new members posting stories that may well be extremely easy to tell but very difficult to substantiate, unless you were wearing a Go-Pro camera.

Agree with minded's view.

Equally, we are all in favour of effective security.


Edited by Eastern outpost - 24 May 2017 at 10:04am
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Back to Top
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Don't blink

Joined: 15 August 2004
Location: Pemberton
Status: Offline
Points: 18746
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 12:22pm
I work with a few Safestyle staff and questioned some about it. I won't go into details but let's just say they're doing their job.
Back to Top
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 11 August 2012
Location: Across the bay
Status: Offline
Points: 10844
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Great idea Gareth, really get the message out there so that EVERYONE knows about... or alternatively actually contact the club with your concerns and maybe not advertise it on open forums that would-be terrorists might read.
Precisely. How thoughtless is that (tell everyone in detail) for someone so apparently obsessed with risk in every corner of his day at the ground. Odd.Speak to the club in future. 
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Back to Top
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar

Joined: 16 August 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 11992
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by kronos kronos wrote:

Hiya

Yes it is disturbing more than surprising. 

Safestyle are usually pretty good, they do check thoroughly at the likes of CCFC football matches.

Rugby matches are obviously well known to be far more relaxed than football matches, .but.....it's not about the more relaxed part, it's about the threat of terrorism, and the general ploy with these people is to strike where it is least expected.

Scarlets v Ospreys? always a good crowd. An ideal chance for chaos, and yet they have armed police at the end of the match?  Ha ha, unthinkable.

Ah well, 100 views and one reply?  Lets see what the larger audience think when I contact the evening post later today.

Many thanks

Gareth

I appreciate your concern, but couldn't you contact  the club to make your feelings known?

Many thanks,

Ian.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!


Back to Top
kronos View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 May 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 4
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 3:38pm
well I never guessed I would have so many negative replies. 
 
"Precisely. How thoughtless is that (tell everyone in detail) for someone so apparently obsessed with risk in every corner of his day at the ground. Odd. Speak to the club in future."
 
Obsessed with risk? well what a reply.  You obviously have your head right up your backside.  I have posted a genuine concern  and I get replies like aiding terrorists? wear a go pro to prove it as your a new member.  unbelievable.
 
This is a forum for the Scarlets yet "speak to the club"
 
Well I will leave you all to wallow in your self importance you small minded assholes.
 
Admin delete this post as it has done absolutely no good at all
 except feed egos.
gareth
Back to Top
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar

Joined: 16 August 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 11992
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by kronos kronos wrote:

well I never guessed I would have so many negative replies. 
 
"Precisely. How thoughtless is that (tell everyone in detail) for someone so apparently obsessed with risk in every corner of his day at the ground. Odd. Speak to the club in future."
 
Obsessed with risk? well what a reply.  You obviously have your head right up your backside.  I have posted a genuine concern  and I get replies like aiding terrorists? wear a go pro to prove it as your a new member.  unbelievable.
 
This is a forum for the Scarlets yet "speak to the club"
 
Well I will leave you all to wallow in your self importance you small minded assholes.
 
Admin delete this post as it has done absolutely no good at all
 except feed egos.
gareth

I think you're upset your own ego wasnt fed. 

The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!


Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.