Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ah Well.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ah Well.
    Posted: 20 May 2018 at 8:22pm
Scott made a decision to move on and we all respect that.

After watching the Ospreys today, they are in serious trouble.

The addition of Scott and George will do nothing to improve them, and perhaps Scott could come home ASAP when he realises his mistake.

George can go and whistle up his kilt, as he is not good enough to start for us as it is.

He probably knew that cos he signed for the Tospreys.

Pro 14 champs next week/ClapClapClap
Page the oracle
Sponsored Links

rygbi11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rygbi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 8:41pm
I think the Ospreys have a lot of good players personally and with the squad they have maybe they can win the Challenge Cup next season.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 9:09pm
They just needed a different coach.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 9:22pm
That was a very poor display against a bad Ulster team.  That franchise is falling apart. I wonder where they got the money from to sign Scott who is not on a NDC.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

That was a very poor display against a bad Ulster team.  That franchise is falling apart. I wonder where they got the money from to sign Scott who is not on a NDC.

Webb, Biggar, Beck, Fonotia and Hassler leaving has freed up a chunk of cash for them. They’ve had Eli Walker and Ben John retire mid season too.
CTMassive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTMassive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 10:00pm
assuming they lose 3000 on the gates for a Challenge Cup game compared to a Champions Cup game, that amounts to a loss of around £200,000 on their revenue, subtract any lost revenue from TV revenue and sponsors as well.

It was an expensive loss for them today. Scott, Aled and George will be gutted. Can't imagine it will help their Welsh cause (bar George) if they're not doing well in the league. 

Given the withdrawl of Best, Henderson, Piutau (sp) and others from the Ulster squad as well, that was a bad loss. Very worrying for them given that Clarke is the result of their "world-wide search for a top class coach". The Ospreys had a strong team out too!?

I'm chuffed for Dwayne though, not easy for him facing questions about the Jonno Gibbes fiasco.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

Webb, Biggar, Beck, Fonotia and Hassler leaving has freed up a chunk of cash for them. They’ve had Eli Walker and Ben John retire mid season too.

Beck, Arhip too.

Fonotia would have been enough though, like Haliholo, Lee~Lo etc, these guys came to Wales with high profiles in Super XV, high price tags at the time.

Fonotia is the one recruit that I can’t figure out, not the sort of player profile Pivac generally looks for, over 30 and will be in the RWC too. Good player of course.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 12:01am
All I can say in Tom Jones tribute style is “Why why why Scott Williams...my my my Scott Williams “ 🤔totally and utterly and honestly bemused.🤔
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 1:36am
yeah scott w is the one that hurts, other players come and go but he is 24 carrot scarlet gold
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 6:21am
why are we so concernrd about the ospreys?
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 6:32am
All the Welsh Regions need to be strong in order to to make the National team strong in order to properly fund the game in Wales which helps to keep us strong.
Keep the faith
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 7:30am
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

All the Welsh Regions need to be strong in order to to make the National team strong in order to properly fund the game in Wales which helps to keep us strong.

Really.... If the other regions are worse than us then it increases the chances of us reaching finals which is a far bigger boost to our profile and revenue than the positive (and unproven) influence that a better Ospreys would have on the National team and thus their revenues.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 7:36am

Stuff the national team.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Scrum_Bar_Turk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrum_Bar_Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 7:54am
Argree the other regions don't really care about us and if we win anything if anything they loved us coming up short in euro semi, we need to manage our own destiny and future basically the more succussful we are the more money we can invest in the players and attract more season ticket holders and people to the games don't get me wrong i will always support Wales and its great when we win grands slams but scarlets always come first 100% !
InTheBath View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InTheBath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 8:22am
Shame for Scott and Aled, but they must have known this was a possibility after the run they went on.

They've got some good players but a really unbalanced squad which will take a few years to fix. It took Pivac and the coaches a while to get us to where we need to be (Pivac out!) and Clarke/Sharratt have a bigger job on their hands.

If they get things right, they'll be back to near their normal level in a couple of seasons. I just hope we continue beating them!
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Stuff the national team.

So how do you see the financial model in the future? Back to amateur rugby and play Tumble, Kidwelly etc?
Keep the faith
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic