Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alain Rolland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alain Rolland
    Posted: 22 October 2011 at 5:30pm
Anyone else heard that his first match in Wales may be our HC match against Castres? Angry
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
Sponsored Links

Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 5:31pm
No way.

Please God, an English ref for that game.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by multinational multinational wrote:

Anyone else heard that his first match in Wales may be our HC match against Castres? Angry

Oh please no.
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"        Roger going life is good.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 5:35pm
If so another disgraceful appointment a Frenchman officiating a French team .
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 5:39pm

I am not certain it is true, just was told earlier in the week that this may be the case.

History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 8:46pm
tell you what if its true, dare any of our players get tip tackled!!!!! 

he`s made a rod for his own back now. and all the refs on here with their knee jerk defence of one of their own, we`ll soon see how many other reds are given for the same offence.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 8:48pm
my worry is that a player if tackled around the legs, and is cute enough, could throw his legs in the air in a tackle to simulate a tip tackle hoping to get a player sent off.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 8:48pm
I thought that there was another thread somewhere stating that his first game is at RP for the Dragons Blues match ?
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 8:51pm
Remember boys the ref was 100% correct ...leave him alone , he knows better than all of us
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 9:08pm
i've heard he's defo reffing our game.
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 9:12pm
don't really care if he does ref our game,at the end of the day he's a quality ref,and i for one will be extreamly angry if allain is totally booed and given gyp throughout the game.whats happened,has happened.water under the bridge as far as i'm concerned.

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by SMELLYMIKE SMELLYMIKE wrote:

Remember boys the ref was 100% correct ...leave him alone , he knows better than all of us
ClapClapClapClapClapClap

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
joss View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 9:56pm
We need to move on from this, its gone mun
#HUMANTOURS Rise above the rest
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2011 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by joss joss wrote:

We need to move on from this, its gone mun

I do actually rate Rolland as a decent referee so i dont mind him reffing our game, ok his decision was a bit of a shambles at the semi final but at the end of the day what the law book says he was right to send off Warburton no matter what we think, lets just leave the past in the past
Jonboytaff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonboytaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2011 at 8:29am
I was seething immediately after the Wales/France game but we had plenty of opportunities to win the game despite the referee.
I'm sure we have more class than to hound Rolland out of town; lets get him on our side!
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2011 at 8:40am
i wasn`t advocating any ill treatment, in fact its a chance with the media eyes ovbiously gonna be on his first game, for scarlets fans to show how friendly and welcoming they are.

my point was what will happen if one of our players are tip tackled. teams will expect a red card EVERYTIME now. ruining even more games. hopefully players have got the message and won`t do it from now on. 

but i just worry about the tackled player exagerating the tackle by flipping his legs over. its easily done, and how would the ref tell the difference.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic