Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aled to Ospreys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

Better 9 than Cawdor for me

Rubbish Cawdor different league. Aled definite 3rd choice for me. Not a loss IMO.

This!!!!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Sponsored Links

Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Really??

Yes, a better kicker, better service, and gets the line moving well. Cawdor is a running threat but also has poor discipline at times, as in the Leinster semi when lucky not to be red carded.

Just an opinion
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 12:37am
Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

Rubbish Cawdor different league. Aled definite 3rd choice for me. Not a loss IMO.

I see manners are slipping on here after a stressful weekSmile 
Sosban89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 1:09am
I think Cawdor is probably the best 9 in the northern hemisphere to have coming off the bench to make an impact. But I agree that Aled probably is the most technically sound of our 9's. For me Jon Evans is like a balance between cawdor. Good at everything but not elite at any (no disrespect intended).
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 7:27am
The only thing I think aled is better at compared to our other 2 SH is his defence. I do believe his cover defence is better. Our most technical SH was rhodri, but we let him leave. Alex, unfortunately has been built up on here and has not delivered. But like others have said... just my opinion
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 8:08am
Apparently it was announced at the recent Ospreys supporters Q and A that another Scarlet was joining them, so this must be Aled.

Decent player, great service, will be missed. I think all 3 of our current scrum halves offer something different, that diversity is good and would be a shame to lose it. We will need to recruit a replacement, good trial for this Stormer this weekend I would suggest....

As for other Osprey recruits, rumours abound that North, Ellis Jenkins, Aled and Hibbard are all incoming while Tiatia and Sherrat are coming in on the coaching side.

Doesn't look particularly balanced recruitment for a team who struggles up front and is losing its first choice tight head and half backs...
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 9:08am
Originally posted by dantheman dantheman wrote:

Apparently it was announced at the recent Ospreys supporters Q and A that another Scarlet was joining them, so this must be Aled.

Decent player, great service, will be missed. I think all 3 of our current scrum halves offer something different, that diversity is good and would be a shame to lose it. We will need to recruit a replacement, good trial for this Stormer this weekend I would suggest....

As for other Osprey recruits, rumours abound that North, Ellis Jenkins, Aled and Hibbard are all incoming while Tiatia and Sherrat are coming in on the coaching side.

Doesn't look particularly balanced recruitment for a team who struggles up front and is losing its first choice tight head and half backs...

Aled, Habberfield, Sam Davies and Hook are a decent set of halfbacks.

I can't see Ellis Jenkins going there though. He'd definitely be behind Tipuric in his favoured position and would be competing with King and Cracknell for a blindside spot. He gets a lot of rugby at Cardiff Blues given how few matches Warburton plays, so unless the Ospreys are offering a big pay rise I don't see the temptation for him.

They're crying out for a half decent tighthead and #8. Hopefully they'll still be crying out for them next season too. Tandy has made a massive hash of recruitment during his time there.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 12:16pm

The only thing I think aled is better at compared to our other 2 SH is his defence. I do believe his cover defence is better. Our most technical SH was rhodri, but we let him leave. Alex, unfortunately has been built up on here and has not delivered. But like others have said... just my opinion
Pivac tried to get Rhodri back but we were outbid by the Dragons
Supporter of the evil region against the gallant union
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

FFS people knew about the royal engagement after this.check my posts but I think it was about 6 weeks ago.

Haha! How true...

Well, FWIW I like Cawdor best for his running threat and combative nature - Aled offers something different, but it was always going to be difficult or impossible to keep both.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Pivac tried to get Rhodri back but we were outbid by the Dragons

That may happen more now
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 2:55pm
I think this autumn has shown us, you can never have too many good players in each position. Sadly they all want to be number 1 and that is clearly an impossible position for the coaching team.
Scarlets - Pro 12 Champions 2017
Havard Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Havard Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 3:04pm
Someone mentioned Tavis Knoyle as an option. I know he has struggled since being a tackle bag holder with Wales when he was with us, however I trust Stevo will be and to get him back up to speed. I think his personality will fit in well back here and he will be quite cheap as his stock has fallen. Good option for a third choice 9 to allow our youngsters to develop.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 3:06pm
I'm sick of these rumours just rehashed from previous posts we all know he going lets just post when he actually gone.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 3:07pm
No thanks to Tavis Knoyle. Don’t rate him at all and doesn’t fit our style of play.
I suggest we should ask Mike Phillips if he wants to see the year out. The experience he could pass on alone would be worth it.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 3:37pm
Think Mike may well get an offer certainly for the period up to and including the 6 nations. 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 3:38pm

Harry Randall a brilliant 9 be it very young would not hesitate to bring him back although we would have a job as he his highly rated by the English Rugby Union
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic