Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anglo-Welsh Cup
    Posted: 24 January 2008 at 12:17am
I thought that the WRU wanted to start an Anglo-Welsh cup for english division 1 sides and the welsh premiership sides, will this ever happen as i think it could prove to be a good move
Sponsored Links

westwalesdragon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westwalesdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2008 at 11:18am
English Div1 is of a far higher standard than our premiership but it may well give some of the teams a boot up the a#s# and further incentive to improve, plus some extra cash but the difference in quality may prevent it.

Imagine Northampton playing Bedwas, it could be ugly.
WestWalesDragon

Fozzie View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Gas-mask optional.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2008 at 11:24am
I don't know why the WRU don't enter the premier division clubs in the challenge cup. We may not be able to beat Northampton but I think we should have a chance against Bucharest.
f'dang b'dang boy
WPFiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WPFiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2008 at 3:22pm
Because the ERC won't allow second teams to be entered into the CC. Now if a team that had no ties to a region won the Prem it could be entered.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic