Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AOB

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2019 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

I haven't read a comment on this thread so far so I don't get influenced at all.

What do I know to date? Last season a disaster and injured. Started this year shaky and rusty as expected and slated on here. 2 excellent games and now the new next best thing. The truth? Probably somewhere in between. Control the game and a win in Cardiff will be a huge plus in his account and he will definitely be on the up. He certainly gets the backs moving so much better than Dan Jones but can he boss things when the going gets tough?

Thought he played well in both games. He's quick off the mark, and can therefore get through any gap that appears in front of him.

He threw some lovely long passes, however the ball was in the air for some time. A better defence could take advantage of those. Throw one of those in front of Josh Adams and it could be a try every time. 
He threw a lot of dangerous passes actually. It will be a much tougher test on Friday and hopefully Gus will take fewer risks accordingly 
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Sponsored Links

henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2020 at 12:11am
I was wary of pinning my hopes on Gus being our new 10 but 3 games in a row he's performed, he has weaknesses to work on but he looks a good find so far.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2020 at 3:19am
We're thrown to the wolves in the minds of our enemies.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2020 at 5:25am
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Eh?

Been watching some horror movies in the night?

Baffled.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2020 at 9:31am
Im more worried about the lack of creativity outside of AOB
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2020 at 9:36am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Eh?

Been watching some horror movies in the night?

Baffled.

Sounds like Confucius.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2020 at 10:01am
Enjoyed a bit too much last night Embarrassed
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2020 at 12:56pm

Enjoyed a bit too much last night Embarrassed

Wish I was that profound when inebriated. LOL
miaow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miaow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2020 at 12:58pm
AOB looked good last night. I think he needs a proper crashball 12 outside him but a mobile one, and some pace at 13. He's small and lithe and even when he took the ball in bad positions, he always made the defence check with his footwork. Lots of half breaks, lots of beating the first man without a linebreak. Good work, a very old school 10 in a way, and probably not the kind to get the backline moving - you need a distributor for that who plays less off the cuff, but can take it closer to the line without jinking.

Looks a good signing for this sort of level, and good to mix it up with the other 2 Welsh 10s we have once Lamb moves on. But not international quality.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2020 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by miaow miaow wrote:

AOB looked good last night. I think he needs a proper crashball 12 outside him but a mobile one, and some pace at 13. He's small and lithe and even when he took the ball in bad positions, he always made the defence check with his footwork. Lots of half breaks, lots of beating the first man without a linebreak. Good work, a very old school 10 in a way, and probably not the kind to get the backline moving - you need a distributor for that who plays less off the cuff, but can take it closer to the line without jinking.

Looks a good signing for this sort of level, and good to mix it up with the other 2 Welsh 10s we have once Lamb moves on. But not international quality.

Lets wait a while before we set his ceiling. He has a lot of skills at a level required to be an international but also some weaknesses. It's how he works on his weaknesses that will determine whether he becomes an international. The best thing about him is that his decision making is good at this level and that he seems to have time or to be able to create time.

diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2020 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by John John wrote:

Lets wait a while before we set his ceiling. He has a lot of skills at a level required to be an international but also some weaknesses. It's how he works on his weaknesses that will determine whether he becomes an international. The best thing about him is that his decision making is good at this level and that he seems to have time or to be able to create time.

I don't know how far he can go or what his limits are, but I do know I like him. Good decision maker, kicks well from hand and keeps defences honest. The boy has a lot to build on!
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2020 at 3:37pm

AOB a fantastic defensive performance as did Ryan Conbeer .
miaow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miaow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2020 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by John John wrote:

For the kind of player he is I think he would have shown a real flair and creativity that sets him apart. A bit like Carbery for Ireland. As yet, he hasn't done that, either with us or more importantly at the Dragons. Good club player is what I see in him. It's a big, big step up to the test arena from regional rugby, something that goes overlooked sometimes. Just giving my assessment that he might be good for a handful of caps, but it's better to enjoy him as a good club player and, if he stays with us, potentially a bit of a cult hero as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic