Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are some fans really that naive?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

The truth will out, perhaps only after Scott has gone. When that happens I look forward to feeding some humble pie to a few on here.

I think the one thing we can all agree on, is that something is not quite right about this whole debacle. I also have no doubt there are genuine reasons for scott to have come to such a drastic decision.

But to expect such a drastic decision not to ruffle a few feathers, is quite frankly naive. 

I am also uneasy with you sitting and waiting to gleefully feed humble pie to fellow Scarlet fans who merely voiced emotional opinions. Were you elected to this position?Confused 

To be honest Nick, your uneasiness with my position and thoughts on this bother me not. If I wanted to be popular I'd buy a puppy. If people don't like me or my opinion on this or anything else, again, I genuinely don't care. What I do care about are my friends and what they think of me. They know who they are and take me as they find me. Justifying myself to those who aren't friends sits fairly low down on my list of priorities.

There seems to be some confusion here that I'm taking this personally. I'm not sure why people think that. My disappointment at the sentiments and stupidity of a small minority is only that. Disappointment. As Ive said, the truth will out. As it always does.
#George
Sponsored Links

Scarlet O'Hara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet O'Hara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 8:31pm
Even if you bought a puppy you wouldn't be popular, the puppy might be, but not you? Oh no. LOL
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Scarlet O'Hara Scarlet O'Hara wrote:

Even if you bought a puppy you wouldn't be popular, the puppy might be, but not you? Oh no. LOL

#George
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

I take anything what anyone says on here with a pinch of salt. Just like everyone should. 

People vent on here and others try to white knight and it ends up as a di*k swinging competition between everyone. 

I am gutted that Scott will be leaving us for the ospreys, Im not going to talk crap about him on here because there is no point. 

The people who are slandering Scott for moving over the bridge are completely right to do so.

The people who are wishing him well and have no bad words are completely right to do so. 

This is a public forum where there is no right or wrong but it makes me sick to bones to think a previous captain would go to our biggest rivals for £££ (confirmed by close friends/family).

BS to anyone saying in (insert trade here) you would take a job that paid you circa 30% more... because that is irrelevant. It is not the current situation and never will be.

feel free to initiate conversation with me

It isn't BS to say moving for a higher wage is what gets most people to switch from 1 employee to another.

I have no idea how old you are and if you have a family but the biggest priority is to earn and provide for that family.

Clearly Scott was not on the breadline here but if he can earn say £100k more over 3 years I can understand why he moved and I certainly would not condemn him for it.

Any one who says otherwise is a either a bit of a fibber or flat out foolish

Emotions don't pay the bills and rugby is a short career.

I wish he had stayed but I for one wish him well and thank him for his service

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic