Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AWAY GAMES / TRIPS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Away trips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devonscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Away trips
    Posted: 06 January 2020 at 7:11pm
I'm not sure if there is an existing thread that I coukd have used for this question so appologies if there is. 

I'm looking at arranging a trip for the away game in Treviso in April as a gift but before I do I was hoping someone might be able to tell me if there are any trips put on by the scarlets or other companies that would provide a package. I've researched putting together my own trip but if there were packages available it would be a good point for comparison. Do many do this trip annually and does anyone have any tips regarding where to get match tickets etc. 

Any advice gratefully accepted. 

Many Thanks 
DevonScarlet
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2020 at 7:33pm
Not quite annually, yet plenty of experience there.

First, try Vaughan Voyages for an all inclusive, vocal-chord testing, sleep-depriving (optional) trip.

Second, you can choose plenty of places to eat and sleep in Treviso. It’s such a lovely city.

We were told by lots of folk that it was so nice, we’d not want to go to Venice. Despite our doubts, they were 100% spot on. Our son and girlfriend came with us last time and after 2 hours of Venice, they’d had enough and wanted to get back to Treviso.

Good luck with the planning and with the trip itself.

May your gift be fully appreciated.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2020 at 7:41pm
BA holidays sale currently features a trip to Treviso which overlaps with our game. Smile
Devonscarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devonscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2020 at 6:39am
Thank you both for the very useful information. I'll be sure to look into both options. With regards to purchasing match tickets, is there a particular place in the ground where scarlets supporters go, do the scarlets themselves sell the tickets for fans or should I go through the benneton website? Thanks again. 
DevonScarlet
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2020 at 8:22am
It won't sell out so don't worry about tickets. As a general rule if you buy the cheapest tickets you'll usually find Scarlets fans there. 
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
cymroab View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymroab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2020 at 1:44pm
just buy a ticket with cash when you get to the ground. The cheapest is where most Scarlets fans will be- uncovered side terrace with steps wide enough to sit on. You might want to take a cushion. 

If you don’t go with Vaughan Voyage the Celtic Bar by the station is where people tend to warm up before the game. 

It’s a brilliant trip. If you go once you’ll go again
Devonscarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devonscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2020 at 9:58am
Fantastic, thanks again for the info. As mentioned it's a surprise trip for the parents so I'm trying to cover all the expenses before hand. From previous match photos I can see a congregation of scarlets fans on the terrace as mentioned so I'll purchase 2 there and I'll pass on the info about the pre match warm up at the Celtic bar. Any idea how many usually make the trip? 
DevonScarlet
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic