Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AWJ stays at Ospreys on NDC till 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2019 at 7:57am
Great for AWJ, Ospreys, Wales & Gatland. Bad news for regional rugby as it has set a precedent which will be tested sometime in the future. World class is a term used far too frequently but in Wales we currently have a few who could rightly command that comment. AWJ is definitely one, Foxy is when playing for Wales, sadly not us this last season, Liam is another and finally Faletau. When/if both Liam and Taulupe consider returning to Wales that may well be when that precedent is tested. 
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2019 at 10:15am
I’m all for our top top players being in wales. Maybe each region could have 1 each. Liam toby awj and foxy are the big 4 imo
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2019 at 10:18am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

I’m all for our top top players being in wales. Maybe each region could have 1 each. Liam toby awj and foxy are the big 4 imo

Never mind being fair with one each - we want Liam & Taulupe!!!!!!!
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2019 at 1:44pm

given the success and acclaim sanjay has enjoyed since his move why does anyone think he would come back?and foxy is only big for wales and the lions he is pretty poor for us.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
SF's only officially endorsed pollster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2019 at 1:57pm
The bigger picture here is probably the fact that AWJ is seen as being a key leader not only during the WC but also as the squad transition to a new set of coaches, and then there's his personal ambition of another Lions tour which means managing game time as effectively as possible.

I'd be surprised if he reaches 20 games over the next 2 seasons for the Ospreys and he'll play somewhere between 20 and 25 games for Wales in that period with no availability issues. This seems like a decision made very much for the national teams benefit.

I'm not against that or the PRB having flexibility for the benefit of the overall professional game, they just need to be careful that too many decision don't stack up for one of the entities in PRB, which may then be perceived as preferential treatment.

I suppose the other bit is that although this has been referred to as an extension that doesn't necessarily mean it's on the same terms.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2019 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

given the success and acclaim sanjay has enjoyed since his move why does anyone think he would come back?and foxy is only big for wales and the lions he is pretty poor for us.
What a load of nonsense.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2019 at 8:49pm
Some agility in the budgeting and general governance is no bad thing.

It’s just that there’s little track record, and so inherent mistrust, of the games ruling body to make great decisions.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic