Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barclay's thoughts on leaving.........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn A! Wel! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barclay's thoughts on leaving.........
    Posted: 17 May 2018 at 12:44pm
..............www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/44140999

Thank you for some kind words. Best of luck in the future. We'll miss you.
Fy nheml sy'n yr Emlyn
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 12:47pm
Has anyone seen what JG is like on Insta with Cawdor? It's hilarious!
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 12:52pm

Quote As a non-Welsh player it's something very special to get an ovation like that. Players come and go and not everyone makes an impact. For the fans to treat me like one of their own is an honour that will stay with me forever.

turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 1:08pm
just looked at the clips now on instagram, JB is terrorising GD. I bet Gareth will be the only one who will be glad when john leaves!!!! really funny Big smile

we will really miss him JB, quality quality man and player. wish him and his family a wonderful time back in Scotland.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 1:25pm
Gutted he’s leaving. John, Ken and Scott have played a massive role in turning this club’s on field fortunes around in the last five years.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Bryn A! Wel! Bryn A! Wel! wrote:

..............www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/44140999

Thank you for some kind words. Best of luck in the future. We'll miss you.

There's an awful lot to like about the article... I especially liked these comments:

I came here and had to force myself to be a bit more open. The banter down here can be quite ruthless and you sink or swim. I learned how to laugh at myself and I'm not sure I was too good at that before. I'm more self-deprecating than I was before I arrived.

So many things have changed. I had a four-week old baby and a stalled international career when I came here first and I'm going home with three kids and an international career that is massively enjoyable again.

I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
seany61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seany61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 1:41pm
I definitely didn't well up reading that ....
Think, Think, Think .... Its a thinking game.
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 1:44pm
We will miss you John but wish you all the best with Edinburgh! Thumbs UpCryHug
"YMA O HYD"
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 3:07pm
A great article, he's so well spoken, a great ambassador for the club and rugby in general. My one regret is that we didn't have a rousing flower of scotland round the ground as he came off in the Cheetahs game.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 3:16pm
Great words from John, what a servant he's been to the club. Lets hope he has two games left in a Scarlet jersey!
Scarlets: providers of the finest rugby since 1872.

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 6:31pm
  A real top man his John Barclay and a Scarlet great !
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:10pm
We’ve had better players from outside Wales I guess, but John is a guy you could build a team around.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

We’ve had better players from outside Wales I guess, but John is a guy you could build a team around.

Says a lot to me he regained his Scotland place and then was made their captain during his time with us.
mammamammon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mammamammon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 9:39pm
Superb. Had the pleasure of spending some time with him and the article epitomises him. Well spoken, thoughtful and humble. He seems like a man who has made the best of his talents who should be proud of who he is.

One of the greatest Scarlet imports.

Proud to have seen him play for my team.
mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:06pm
One of the best signings Scarlets have ever made. Quality player and captain. Good luck in Edinburgh John.
And We Were Singing...
merthyr.T.x.scarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merthyr.T.x.scarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

A great article, he's so well spoken, a great ambassador for the club and rugby in general. My one regret is that we didn't have a rousing flower of scotland round the ground as he came off in the Cheetahs game.

We had a pretty good one in the North stand. I Even missed the try Scored as he was walking off because I was so engrossed in the singing.
http://www.youtube.com/user/walesxscarlets
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic