Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > B&I Lions 2017
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

B&I Lions squad announcement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B&I Lions squad announcement
    Posted: 18 April 2017 at 2:49pm
The rumours and leaks about tomorrow's Lions squad announcement have a certain inevitability about them, with the word being that the likes of Launchbury and JJ won't be picked to tour.

Gats & co remind me of the antiquated old quack in Blackadder II - here's a leaked copy of tomorrow's press announcement:

"We have evaluated the All Blacks more closely than in any previous Lions tour - we've looked at their many strengths, tried to identify any weaknesses, analysed their play, studied the venues, devised a strategy that we believe will be successful in defeating the double World Champions in their own home in a 3-test series, meticulously hand-picked a team from the Home Nations who can deliver victory against the All Blacks, and, with all things considered in excruciatingly infinite detail, our strong recommendation is for... A COURSE OF LEECHES!"

Stern Smile

I know that a lot of people believe you'll never beat the All Blacks at their own high-speed, high-power, high-skilled game, and the only way to have a chance of winning is to go to war with them, but I do worry that a game plan of "BISH-BASH-BOSH" will be followed by "SIT-DOWN" and "GO-HOME".

Still, looking forward to the announcement so we can all have a good row then get behind the team. Or is that Brexit? Confused

Sponsored Links

Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 3:10pm
I hope Ken is in, "experts" are 50/50 for him and Foxy. We may end up with only Liam, and that would be sqd.

I can't see more than 3 being selected at basr, with Scott & JB both missing out.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 3:15pm
If Liam is selected, do we get all his fee, or is it shared with Saracens? Iirc, there was a fee that was shared on the previous tour.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

If Liam is selected, do we get all his fee, or is it shared with Saracens? Iirc, there was a fee that was shared on the previous tour.

good question? hmmm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 3:48pm
Do clubs get a fee and how is it calculated. I know the players get a fee and a bonus for a winning series, Gatland could get £250k l think.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 3:52pm

Yes we get his fee. It's £100k per player
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Yes we get his fee. It's £100k per player
Good.

We need it more than them!
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 6:13pm
We could have up to 5 Lions - Rob, Ken, Foxy are all good shouts, while Liam and Scott are outside shots.
Samson may be there too. He's a better scrummager than Sinckler who doesn't even start for England and has only really started for Harlequins this year.
Flaggman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flaggman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 6:13pm
I seem to remember that George North's transfer to Northampton happened on the 1st July 2013 so he started the tour as a Scarlet but finished it as a Saint. If it's the case with Liam as well, maybe we do have to share the compensation.
Flaggman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flaggman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

We could have up to 5 Lions - Rob, Ken, Foxy are all good shouts, while Liam and Scott are outside shots.
Samson may be there too. He's a better scrummager than Sinckler who doesn't even start for England and has only really started for Harlequins this year.

Don't forget Barclay! Could be a long shot...
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 6:15pm
If Ken gets it willl be over the moon for him he has worked hard to get over injury he was best hooker in 6 nations by some distance and is a Scarlet through and through.
Rob Evans would be great tourist and is underrated by a lot of pundits would love him to get call up but maybe 4 years time more likely.
Jake would not let anyone down and again has been brilliant this season on form he was Wales best second row in six nations but AWJ offers experience and leadership.
Foxy and Liam I think are guaranteed,
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 6:26pm
The more players we get on the tour, the better then!!
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Flaggman Flaggman wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Don't forget Barclay! Could be a long shot...
Unfortunately for John, I don't see him having a hope. There's a load of 7s in the frame - Warburton, Tipuric, Watson, O'Brien and even more flankers O'Mahoney, Stander, Robshaw etc
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 7:10pm
I will stick to my original post we MAY only get 3 at best and there seems to be some doubt on all three----Foxy, Liam & Ken.

Planet rugby hints that all 3 will go, but Sky has said Jamie is going, so Foxy may stay home.

Hartley is favoured after 1 good game, so Ken in doubt

Liam looks more certian.

I feel the rest mentioned are l feel seen through Scarlet eyes, Samson on his form 2 years ago would have gone, but needs to get a good rest and a good pre season. Rob is just unlucky. JB again unluck in a very strong area.

Lets be realistic gents.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Flaggman Flaggman wrote:

I seem to remember that George North's transfer to Northampton happened on the 1st July 2013 so he started the tour as a Scarlet but finished it as a Saint. If it's the case with Liam as well, maybe we do have to share the compensation.
We don't
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 7:16pm
I'm staggered that the likes of Henderson and Roberts are being touted as inclusions. And therefore staggered that Launchbury and Joseph miss out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic