Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Biggar signs for Northampton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Biggar signs for Northampton
    Posted: 06 September 2017 at 2:52pm
This has been rumoured for a while - now confirmed by the BBC:

As pointed out, this means that if Gatland's law is strictly applied, one of Liam, Biggar, Doc, North or Faletau would miss out - most probably one of Doc or North, though Biggar is not safe.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Sponsored Links

ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 3:25pm
If he is still in Wales this season, then he is fine until he moves.  And by then i think North is out of contract (Faletau and the Jaw too?), so it could still work out where none of them miss out.  Or it will be said that he signed before the new Ospreys/WRU deal was offered to him so he technically didn't turn down any offers.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

This has been rumoured for a while - now confirmed by the BBC:

As pointed out, this means that if Gatland's law is strictly applied, one of Liam, Biggar, Doc, North or Faletau would miss out - most probably one of Doc or North, though Biggar is not safe.

Surely it is time for Doc to be put out to graze. We aren't really going to try to play the same old gainline smash are we? It must be time, with the 2019 World Cup in mind to give our three quarters some licence to play. For that to happen we need an intelligent 10 who assesses and plays what is front of him. Having some physical attributes and gas are a big help

Even Jiffy from Emlyn on Sunday had to admit that the Scarlets were playing intelligent rugby ably led by Rhys P. Pivac, in his recent press bulletin praised how good he thought Rhys P was and his huge potential. All concerned with his coaching at PYS think the world of his work ethic and desire to be better. His move to PYS has been great for both parties. He must now surely be one of the 3 10's in the squad. Of all available he is the most intelligent reader of a game and must be given his chance.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 3:28pm
patchell is the best 10 in wales, comfortably
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Agree 100% but he got no chance while Howley got anything to do with it
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Why?why
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Was he fifth choice in Samoa? Behind Biggar, Sam, Owen W and Anscombe. And that's not including RP1 otherwise engaged in Bath. When put like that, its shocking.

Which opens the whole can of worms about what does happen in late 2019. Does Gats retire to his Kiwi beach hut leaving either Howley/Mcbryde to take over or a new broom of (for instance) Dai Young and Stevo? Please, the latter...... 
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 4:26pm
How many ice creams has Howley sold in August?
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 6:10pm
Get the move, timing is just plain odd.

haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 6:22pm
Agree with Chips.

Announcing the move within a week of the new season starting, when Biggar hasn't even played a game is plain odd.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Just for our SA friends - Weste is die beste!
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 6:24pm
He should not be Wales first choice on form or ability

Edited by Why - 06 September 2017 at 10:26pm
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
najbritcol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 11:09pm
A good, competitive player for sure, but fly-half (unlike e.g. centre and prop) is a position of relative strength both for the Ospreys and especially Wales.  Within the former James Hook is back, plus there are Sam Davies and the emerging Luke Price.  Within the latter there is Patchell, Davies and Anscombe.  (Even Angus O'Brien is decent too, but because he plays for the Dragons then, needless to say, he is hampered).
najbritcol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 11:14pm
So last season Liam faced his future team in Europe, while this season Halfpenny faces his former team in Europe, Liam faces his former biggest rival team in Europe, Priestland faces his former team in Europe and Biggar faces his future team in Europe.  The joys and tribulations of Welsh rugby, eh?
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 11:58pm
I wish Bigger well. He has served his home town/ Region well over some 10 years. Time for fresh challenge and to earn more dosh. He will be a long time retired and playing in the Aviva will be good for him. Opens the door at the Ospreys for Sam Davies. Off field he comes over as being a really good and articulate guy.
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 8:52am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

I wish Bigger well. He has served his home town/ Region well over some 10 years. Time for fresh challenge and to earn more dosh. He will be a long time retired and playing in the Aviva will be good for him. Opens the door at the Ospreys for Sam Davies. Off field he comes over as being a really good and articulate guy.
he's been a great servant for ospreys
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 9:02am
Good luck to him. Fine servant and points accumulator. A very good goal kicker, brave in the air & gutsy. Not my type of 10 but fair play to him. Judging by the Saints performance last weekend he must be going for the money; on that form I cannot see them winning anything soon!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic