Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'black' shirts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'black' shirts
    Posted: 19 October 2010 at 10:04pm
So what's the opinion of the tinplate/black/grey/whatever shirts after seeing them in the flesh? To be honest even though I bought one, I wasn't over impressed. They looked faded and tired somehow. Bit like our second half performance LOL
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Sponsored Links

rolly View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

So what's the opinion of the tinplate/black/grey/whatever shirts after seeing them in the flesh? To be honest even though I bought one, I wasn't over impressed. They looked faded and tired somehow. Bit like our second half performance LOL
Didnt look that good on the players did they ? prefer the red one myself
North London Scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote North London Scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 11:01pm
I like em. The green on the dyfed steel logo makes it look a bit weird though. Doesn't really go
Ry'n ni yma o hyd...
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by rolly rolly wrote:

Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Didnt look that good on the players did they ? prefer the red one myself
What excuse did they give for the colour?  Something like 'traditional colour' and all that.  A bit like those brown and red ones from a few years back.  Nooooooooooooooo!
Scarlet is red as far as I'm aware.  I liked the green as a second colour, not 'away' strip, we're still the Scarlets when we're away so why change?
Maybe a black shirt with a copper coloured top, sponsored by Duracell, would do the trick and keep performances going beyond the first half.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 11:02pm
I quite like it. I didn't think we needed to wear it Sunday though. Leicester have a bit of red in their shirt but it would have been fine to wear scarlet.
rolly View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 11:13pm
I thought it looked stunning in the shirt launch but didn't think it looked that good sunday .
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 11:45pm
I think they're great. Black sells (Ok it's not technically black but may as well be). The tinplate or whatever they called it is just trying to justify it.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 3:56am
Very nice in my opinion.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 6:17am
Niice shirts,but we should have worn scarlet on sunday .
JonWal View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonWal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 7:39am
Even at the kit launch I thought they looked faded. I'd buy one, but the red was an out and out winner for me.

The Scarlet top is the nicest we've had in a long time though.
swissscarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 7:43am
I think it is very nice.
west is best.
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 7:45am
I haven't bought one yet, but I like them.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 8:21am
The black shirts look crap on the pitch. IMO we should always play in Scarlet unless there is a clash. They can do what they want with colours for the leisurewear. Whatever sells I guess..
Keithd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keithd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 9:00am
Dyfed Steels logo spoils it for me. If the Logo was in the style of the WRW logo it would be OK.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 9:27am
I like the colour and have that colour hoody.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 9:33am
The slightly abraded/casual look is deliberate. A scouring agent take the sheen down and gives the fabric an 'authentic' appearance and handle, and after that the........................WTF am I doing....sorry.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic