Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blade Thomson gets promoted?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blade Thomson gets promoted?
    Posted: 07 October 2019 at 1:19pm
So looking at Townsend's team against pool whipping boys Russia, it seems that Scarlet favourite John Barclay has been demoted to second team for Scotland, and Blade to the first - as I now anticipate him to play in pool decider v Japan. It will be great news for us if his form keeps like that for the rest of the season. He was excellent against Samoa. He played at #8, but Pivac seemed to prefer him at #6, right?
Scarlets before Wales
Sponsored Links

PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2019 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

So looking at Townsend's team against pool whipping boys Russia, it seems that Scarlet favourite John Barclay has been demoted to second team for Scotland, and Blade to the first - as I now anticipate him to play in pool decider v Japan. It will be great news for us if his form keeps like that for the rest of the season. He was excellent against Samoa. He played at #8, but Pivac seemed to prefer him at #6, right?
he played both for us 6 and 8, mainly 8. Had Cassiem been fully fit last term, he probably would have been more at 6. shame both were injured more or less all year.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2019 at 2:17pm
Be rooting for Japan so he can come back early to play for us and because they deserve it.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2019 at 2:18pm
Alternatively you root for Scotland so that we face a depleted Edinburgh squad !!!
Grammar School Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grammar School Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2019 at 2:50pm
Edinburgh won handily against the Blues with no internationals playing
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2019 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Grammar School Boy Grammar School Boy wrote:

Key word - Blues. 

They desperately need to beef up their pack, and sign two wingers in Amos and Adams. My Cardiff mate is livid with the Execs.
Scarlets before Wales
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2019 at 4:57pm

Key word - Blues. 

They desperately need to beef up their pack, and sign two wingers in Amos and Adams. My Cardiff mate is livid with the Execs.

Ahhhh Halam Amos, this new James Hook.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2019 at 4:59pm

Key word - Blues. 

Edinburgh didn't seem to me to pose too many threats behind against the Blues. Their only try came from a missed tackle. When in range, Edinburgh were content to kick their goals. We know we can score tries from anywhere. Before the game Cockerill said that they were going to Cardiff to win. They, may well employ a different game plan at home.

I'm hoping that a 5 pt win for us Saturday will give Edinburgh plenty to think about before we turn up.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2019 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Key word - Blues. 

Edinburgh didn't seem to me to pose too many threats behind against the Blues. Their only try came from a missed tackle. When in range, Edinburgh were content to kick their goals. We know we can score tries from anywhere. Before the game Cockerill said that they were going to Cardiff to win. They, may well employ a different game plan at home.

I'm hoping that a 5 pt win for us Saturday will give Edinburgh plenty to think about before we turn up.

I agree Edinburgh didn't offer much in attack so I would be hoping we would get a win up there which really would (all being well this weekend) see us 4 from 4 which not many of us thought possible.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2019 at 6:22pm
Let's not have a balls-up against Zebre before, we start basking in the warm glow of a 4/4 against Edinburgh. Whenever I tend to feel this confident (as prior to our two recent disasters against the Dragons) we have an embarrassing habit of coming a cropper.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2019 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Alternatively you root for Scotland so that we face a depleted Edinburgh squad !!!
I’m voting for Scotland’s prolonged involvement out there.

It’s likely that Scotland or Ireland will be back home to reinforce their clubs.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2019 at 7:29pm

Key word - Blues. 

Cardiff weren’t very good against Edinburgh. They were disappointed with their performance. Edinburgh are a team we should not fear during the RWC, in my opinion. I expect Scotland will rest their internationals and can’t see them facing us even if they are home early TBH
We're still still here!
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2019 at 7:51pm
I think even if Scotland go out in the group stages the internationals will be given rest so we won't see them for Edinburgh.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2019 at 8:00pm
We play Edinburgh 2 weeks after the group stages end, so they may play some fringe squad players, Kinghorn would be one. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2019 at 8:17am
Any team coached by Cockers will give you a stern test. Their South African winger van der Merwe is powerful, their 10 kicks his goals and Schoeman at loose head is a real handful. One game at a time. Lets do our jobs against Zebre, enjoy a week off and get ready to rumble having assessed the condition of our returnees from Japan. 
Maple View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2019 at 7:42am
Blade absent then, or injured.
Give Blood, Play Rugby
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic