Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blade
    Posted: 07 October 2018 at 8:39pm
He seemed very emotional on his knees at the final whistle, with many of his team mates going over as if to console him. I know he had made the final big hit on AWJ but it seemed a bigger moment than that to him. Anyone shed any light?

Ed Kennedy really seems to be getting Scarlets Fever too.
Sponsored Links

Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2018 at 9:27pm
I think what you saw was a release of emotion from a man who had given everything for the shirt. Respect. Clap
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2018 at 9:30pm
I was thinking similar. First real taste of a full Parc, first experience of the crowd very fired up, and a major derby game too. Those are all going to emotionally drain you, coupled with giving it all on the pitch. That must take its toll
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2018 at 10:54pm
I am surprised by how affected he looked, Ed too. Great tho. Wait till they hear an away european crowd lol.

Roll on Leicester.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2018 at 11:37pm
I just thought he injured himself slightly. The players came over to congratulate him on the hit but he was still in pain. His celebration post tackle would counter my argument though, but maybe the adrenalin had dropped off by then?? Can't see someone getting so emotional about that. 
Scarlets before Wales
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2018 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

I just thought he injured himself slightly. The players came over to congratulate him on the hit but he was still in pain. His celebration post tackle would counter my argument though, but maybe the adrenalin had dropped off by then?? Can't see someone getting so emotional about that. 

He dropped to his knees and looked the sky before bowing his head, it all looked very dramatic and emotional, and it looked genuine too. A few players whispered to him as if to ask if he was ok. 
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 12:19am
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

He dropped to his knees and looked the sky before bowing his head, it all looked very dramatic and emotional, and it looked genuine too. A few players whispered to him as if to ask if he was ok. 

There is more to it than that then. Something perosnal. Anyway, none of my business. Hell of a hit and a win!!
Scarlets before Wales
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 5:35am
Rapidly working his way up my man love list.
mark in sydney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark in sydney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 7:12am
Cant afford to over play him … been a long season for him so far 

I know injuries dictate his game time, but he will need a rest this season … 
I was there ...one Tuesday when the All Blacks came (and lost)
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
SF's only officially endorsed pollster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 8:15am
From a Scarlets perspective we could give him pretty much all of November off but how much of a rest that is will depend on how much he plays for Scotland in the AI's (you'd imagine that Townsend will be sensible with him). Next window for a rest for him would be when Shingler and Cubby and back and Cassiem is getting regular game time.

Realistically though he's looking at a very, very long season with the WC, lucky he didn't play too much in super rugby.

He's been great for us so far though, top draw.
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 8:33am

I asked blade himself,after meet the players evening,if he was feeling jaded etc,after coming off a full season into another season.told me,it wasn't a problem,and he was feeling great and fresh.

I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 8:40am
Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

I asked blade himself,after meet the players evening,if he was feeling jaded etc,after coming off a full season into another season.told me,it wasn't a problem,and he was feeling great and fresh.

That's good news... he's having to play more than is ideal, what with injuries and now Cassiem's ban. We need him to stay fit and well!
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 8:51am
Must have the coolest name a Scarlets player has ever had?
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 8:53am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Must have the coolest name a Scarlets player has ever had?

Thomson? Guess that is unusual, without the "p".
alec_d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alec_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 9:18am
On Instagram he's put,it's been a tough week and photos of a mate who I assume has passed away
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 9:33am
Blade nailed AWJ with his patented Razor's Edge tackle to secure a Scarlets win against the Ospreys.

Buy that man a pint.
*NEW* KIDS HALFPENNY T SHIRTS
ON SALE NOW

http://llanellitee.spreadshirt.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic