Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2019 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Independent medical assessment of the injured players and any abuse of the system by teams punished by reversing the match result. Simple 🤗

The Irish would either own the panel or bribe them one of the two. 'To be sure Sextons leg definitely fell off there and he was legitamatly replaced by a prop who had indeed recovered from the injury he was taken off for earlier in the game' I can see it now!!

Diego - a very fair but racist comment. The "medical assessor" would also need  a  million pound scanner and lie detector to be effective. As for ap Sior's immaculate tackling technique, I can only think that his captain/coach wasn't really bothered by the opposition crossing the gainline.
Sponsored Links

scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2019 at 5:18pm
I strongly believe reducing the number of subs in a game will massively reduce the injuries. Like football have as many on the bench as you want but only 3 allowed. There is no way the huge modern players can play 80 min also having several 18 stone subs come on fresh to batter tiring players will obviously cause injury. This way players will have to reduce their weight to play longer in the game
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2019 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Independent medical assessment of the injured players and any abuse of the system by teams punished by reversing the match result. Simple 🤗

The Irish would either own the panel or bribe them one of the two. 'To be sure Sextons leg definitely fell off there and he was legitamatly replaced by a prop who had indeed recovered from the injury he was taken off for earlier in the game' I can see it now!!

Diego - a very fair but racist comment. The "medical assessor" would also need  a  million pound scanner and lie detector to be effective. As for ap Sior's immaculate tackling technique, I can only think that his captain/coach wasn't really bothered by the opposition crossing the gainline.

More banter or at the worst stereotyping I think.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2019 at 7:26am
Reports surfacing in France suggesting that 56 time capped Springbok Pat Lambie is on the verge on accounting his retirement due to his ongoing struggle with concussion. The French media are reporting that the 28 year old has expressed his concerns to his club Racing 92.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2019 at 10:15am
Yes its official Lambie has retired from all forms of rugby at 28. A real shame for a top player who harboured hopes of playing in Japan. Sensibly he has looked after his long term health and sounded pretty relieved to be making the announcement. Good luck to him. 
daveoda View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2019 at 10:31am
Lambie got knocked out playing for the Springboks v Ireland by a late challenge by CJ Stander who got red carded.
YMLAEN SCARLETS!!!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2019 at 10:45am
Originally posted by daveoda daveoda wrote:

Lambie got knocked out playing for the Springboks v Ireland by a late challenge by CJ Stander who got red carded.

Yes a little ironic that as they were big mates apparently. Lambie's latest knock was in April against Munster I believe - not Stander again!!!!
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2019 at 7:26pm
It’s not just the headaches but the nausea and sickness that can linger after these concussions.

I also wonder on some level where a player has suffered a few concussions, is getting on has a young family etc - fear of returning could have a subconscious effect on the body. Like someone suffering a car crash then getting back in the car again. Pivac alluded to this with Patch - his game had been affected.

Edited by Huwbach - 20 January 2019 at 7:30pm
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2019 at 8:28pm
I remember reading this article some years ago and it changed how I thought about concussion recovery

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11264856

Utterly awful
Scarlets before Wales
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2019 at 9:17pm
Remember this one too?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41901283P
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2019 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

I remember reading this article some years ago and it changed how I thought about concussion recovery

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11264856

Utterly awful

I don’t want to be a doom monger but the fact that HP had concussion even though he didn’t get hit on the head speaks volumes after reading that.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2019 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

Remember this one too?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41901283P

Sorry, but we can’t find this page

Unfortunately, the page you are looking for is not available.

You may have typed the web address incorrectly. Please check the address you entered.

Back to previous page
Scarlets before Wales
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2019 at 4:20am
There’s a sizable amount of learning possible on the wide ranging impacts of concussions.

Headaches or nausea are just a couple.

Temporary loss of neurone skills, concentration challenges, moodiness, memory linkage challenges to events and so on...time is a healer, but isn’t always the healer.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2019 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

There’s a sizable amount of learning possible on the wide ranging impacts of concussions.

Headaches or nausea are just a couple.

Temporary loss of neurone skills, concentration challenges, moodiness, memory linkage challenges to events and so on...time is a healer, but isn’t always the healer.

To be fair, sounds like me after having had more than 6 pints, these days.
Scarlets before Wales
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2019 at 11:05am

The Rugby Football Union (RFU) has prematurely ended the trial of a new tackle height law after an increase in the number of concussions.

Matches in the Championship Cup were subject to new rules with players not allowed to tackle above the armpit.

But instances of concussion rose among players tackling opponents who were bent at the waist carrying the ball.

The line of the shoulders will again be the permitted tackle height when the knockout stages begin next month.

Full Story http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47000468

gorau View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2019 at 3:29pm
Any news when Blade will be back? His increasing absence is a worry.
eds
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic