Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blazers be blazers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blazers be blazers
    Posted: 29 July 2020 at 10:43am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53573265

The WRU are an absolute shambles. Agreement on covid wage cuts ends on Friday, and no agreement forthcoming so regions left to deal with it individually. 

Edited by minded - 29 July 2020 at 10:52am
Sponsored Links

BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2020 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Blade Blade wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53573265

The WRU are an absolute shambles. Agreement on covid wage cuts ends on Friday, and no agreement forthcoming so regions left to deal with it individually. 

The Wru are to busy with their pet project i.e Dragons
If it bleeds we can can kill it
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2020 at 12:16pm
Surly discussions are 2 ways or at lest in this case 5 ways. WRU are not the best organisation in the world, but on the other hand it's not the worse. 

The WRU must look after all Welsh rugby, and remember they are, like most sporting organisations planning for huge losses.

Do we know how long they have been in discussion, my gut feeling its weeks, and one option was for the regions to discuss it, not left to the regions. 

I feel it's to the credit of Scarlets management that they are leading the way, and yet again we see the benefit of a true board, so different from the early days.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2020 at 6:46pm
I agree, it’s great to see that our board are taking the lead in this. We’ve had no revenue for the past 4 months and our wonderful WRU haven’t come up with an solution for the whole regional game so it’s up to our board to try and rescue the situation.  Good luck to the board and hopefully we will get it resolved and will have a happy squad of players chomping at the bit to play for our wonderful club again.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 7:50am
I don't really see how the club can sort this out. For sure they can do deals with the non 38 but the Internationals are paid 80% by the WRU who I guess hold their contracts. 
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 8:19am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I don't really see how the club can sort this out. For sure they can do deals with the non 38 but the Internationals are paid 80% by the WRU who I guess hold their contracts. 

The club can make up whatever the deficiency in players pay is. That bit is perfectly possible if expensive. However, if the club was to expect something in return, for instance  in terms of access to fringe players in any future international squad, then that will just lead to further WRU/region squabbles in the years to come.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 8:29am
Further proof that the wru walk around like they want to have central contracted players, but lack the ability to do so.

When it suits them tho. Lets not forget 100% of Drags players wages are wru, and they are making further signings, not cutting the squads.

This is a war of brinkmanship, nothing else.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic