Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blues v Scarlets match thread.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 1:20pm
That's a ridiculous ban if we're being honest. Deserved far more. And a week off for showing remorse? Anyone can say sorry 5 days after the event. He asked the referee if "we are playing touch rugby now?". Not his first ban either.

I do wonder if a non 6 Nations player would have received a harsher ban.

Edited by KID A - 14 January 2021 at 1:20pm
Sponsored Links

PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 1:23pm
One seriously lucky player to have a 3 week ban. Especially as there's no fixtures for the next 2 weeks. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

One seriously lucky player to have a 3 week ban. Especially as there's no fixtures for the next 2 weeks. 

Its not three weeks its 3 meaningful games - the brought forward return game against the Blues next weekend, Leinaster the following weekend and Ireland home in 6 nations. Available again for Scotland away. 
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 1:34pm
Yes just reread the piece, thanks 👍🏻
Jones2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 1:34pm
He’s incredibly lucky to only get that but I suspect it will benefit Wales more than us unfortunately (unless the 6N is moved).
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 1:47pm
I’d like a disciplinary sentence to impose a return to play condition that X must play say 3 games before being allowed to be selected at international level.

Might help attitudes and thought processes improve.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 1:48pm

There must be a fixture pencilled in ??

Liam let himself down,his teammates and everything Scarlet last weekend,and cost us a win to,I believe.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

I’d like a disciplinary sentence to impose a return to play condition that X must play say 3 games before being allowed to be selected at international level.

I think it should be like football, where you miss x games in the competition that the offence took place in.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

I think it should be like football, where you miss x games in the competition that the offence took place in.

That would mean you can gouge someone's eyes in the pro14 and play in the 6 nations the week after.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 3:45pm
Liam was very lucky - the red mist came down, a bit.

Whether rightly or wrongly, after 3 games Wales and/or Scarlets will be free to select him - and TBH they'd be mugs not to do so. 

I only hope he learns from this and calms down a bit - his courage and passion are all very well, up to a point - but he went well beyond that. Enough!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
  Share Topic