Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Booing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote maldwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Booing
    Posted: 30 December 2018 at 12:33am
Okay we're not playing well but there was no need for the booing at the end of the game. Can we leave that behaviour for football fans and English rugby fans.
Ta
Up the bum no harm done.
Sponsored Links

tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 1:07am
When people turn up having spent their hard earned cash to watch what was provided tonight, how else can someone who is there in the ground say 'that was unacceptable'? The fact it was heard by others means there were several who thought the same way.  This wasn't a heavy defeat against a good side, this was hammered by the Blues.  An embarrassment.
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 8:46am
Surprised there were enough left in the ground. We stayed until the end and always will. But I’ve never seen masses leave after 60 minutes in any match at any ground before.   Something is badly wrong
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 8:58am
I think the booing was justified. We are atrocious at the moment, other than leave in silence booing was the only thing that fans could have offered up.
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 9:08am
just a player incite onto what they play through and how they fell after a loss. Not one of ours but gives an idea when we start talking about hard earned cash, how hard it is for these guys to earn their cash.

'I came here on an academy contract for peanuts. Now I've got enough for the odd Gucci cap but there's f**k-all money in rugby. I'm 23, I've got zero cartilage, my shoulder has been ripped off the bone and I'm renting out this flat.

'The guy who lived here before me, Dom Ryan, retired at 28 because his brain was fried [he retired because of concussion] and he had nothing to fall back on. Who knows what I'll do? These Man City kids are 18 and buying £3million houses.'

A pair of crutches are still propped up against one of the kitchen units. Genge recently finished a five-month rehabilitation from surgery, which has left him with a permanent loss of feeling in his right knee. 

I damaged the cartilage behind the kneecap,' he says. 'They basically cut the nerve so I can't feel the front of my knee now. Instead of removing the cartilage, they put an incision and stitched it back on with a metal rod.

'When I came around from the op I thought, 'F**k… the anaesthetic's lasting ages'. Three days gone and I can't feel my kneecap. I phoned the surgeon and he said, 'That's dusted. Gone'. It hurts walking up stairs but so does compressing your spine for 80 minutes.

'I took a few painkillers and thought, "This isn't enough" but I stopped as they're a drug. I was quite freaked out about it but I'm used to it now. How many times do you want to feel your knee, anyway? I'll touch my left leg instead!'

and how they fell after another loss........

People on Twitter have been doing my f*****g head in,' he says. 'Keyboard warriors. We've been s***. We know we've been s***. We don't need reminding every minute of every day.'

Reaching for his phone, he says: 'Look at this tweet: "Interview: See what Ellis had to say about his rampaging run in Paris". This guy replies: "You lost again". Really? Did we? He's there telling me the days of Dean Richards and Martin Johnson have gone, then he starts asking me for free tickets. I know we've lost. I've got to sit on the plane and think on it for two hours when I'm caffeined out my f*****g eyeballs. It's doing my head in.

'It's going to take time to get back to where we were. The core of the club — Ed Slater, Logovi'i Mulipola, Tom Croft, Marcos Ayerza, Pete Betham — has gone. There have been a few panic signings but no one is intentionally trying to drag the club down.

'If you think we ain't trying, come to Oval Park on a Tuesday, pick up a tackle pad, say all this stuff and you'll get spat out like a tumble dryer. If you wanna go and watch Wasps instead, go and watch Wasps. If you want to support us, support us and we'll do our best to repay you. Rant over. I guess life's all right if that's your biggest worry.

Edited by gnasher1975 - 30 December 2018 at 9:09am
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 9:14am
I blame professional rugby.   It was so much better before. Too much time in the gym. Big hits that end careers. Little skill. And as professionals we expect them to deliver every match. As amateurs we accepted an off day.
So what is the excuse for Scarlets not being able to tackle. Basic isn’t it
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 9:15am
Thanks.

Good article.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 9:23am
Good perspective.
For what it's worth I thought our players worked their socks off and took a huge amount of 'hits'( a terrible word when actually they are tackles) from bigger players. The effort was huge but the tactics were bizzare.
Keep the faith
swissscarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 9:36am
Fans have to vent their feelings somehow. I believe a lot of that is meant for the coaches as well.
west is best.
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 9:41am
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Good perspective.
For what it's worth I thought our players worked their socks off and took a huge amount of 'hits'( a terrible word when actually they are tackles) from bigger players. The effort was huge but the tactics were bizzare.

Sums it up nicely, Boydecould have gone earlier in the match but stayed on. He was wrecked - all for the cause. He’d be a good example of a player who doesn’t earn a fortune, plays with his heart and may suffer the consequences later in life.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 9:41am
he says a fair bit more in there, but those stuck out for me, nobody will be more frustrated than the people whose job it is to do this job, I cant imagine anyone left that field after giving up a 2 year home win record and thought...do you know what we did well there.

At the moment we are coming across as a bunch of spoilt kids, if we don't score length of the field tries and slay all in front of us we are embarrassing, sh** and pathetic, when in reality we have 75% possession and the lions share of territory, but the tries we finished off over the last 2 years aren't going to hand at the moment, whether that is the added pressure people are putting on themselves or the fact that shingler and blade always had a handy knack of being in the right place when people make breaks.

last nigh we made 651m, kicked 30 times and made 234 passes, made 5 clean breaks beat 21 defenders and offloaded 12 times, the big stat against us in 24 turn overs conceded. 

I would be more worried if we weren't making the clean break and offloading, you can't plan for ball coming back for 1 game then getting injured again, cubby back for two and being injured, the fact is that although injuries are not as prevalent as they were, they seem to be to most of our players who are key to the way we play. shingler/blade give us a lineout / line speed and pace and good hands out wide, cubby gives us pace, good hands and options on the floor, halfpenny give us defensive solidity and generally good kicking, patchell controls our backs and gives us a bit of zip, ball is one one player who gets across the gainline and gives us a bit of grunt........

yes we are playing poor, yes it is not what we have been lucky to enjoy, but i fell it is not for the want of trying from the player and coaches.....if anything it is probably trying too hard  
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 9:44am
Originally posted by swissscarlets swissscarlets wrote:

Fans have to vent their feelings somehow. I believe a lot of that is meant for the coaches as well.

I think it was at the coaches. Although the lack of applause for Cawdor when he came off said more than the boos.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Good perspective.

Sums it up nicely, Boydecould have gone earlier in the match but stayed on. He was wrecked - all for the cause. He’d be a good example of a player who doesn’t earn a fortune, plays with his heart and may suffer the consequences later in life.

Bingo.......we moan about people not trying hard enough when stats provided a few years back likened a hit game of rugby to being in a 30mph car crash, and these boys are doing this over and over. I gave uo rugby at 24 because in a sunday morning i had to come down stairs on my arse because as i couldn't trust my knees to hold me as i came downstairs, god only knows what these guys must feel like the day after a game
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 9:54am
We had more ball and territory and lost. Our confidence is rock bottom but the players gave their all.
The last thing they want is "supporters " booing.
When form disappears players need our support more than ever so thanks to those who kept booing it is appreciated.
By the way I have supported Llanelli RFC & the Scarkets for 55 years so I can can say with confidence that I have seen highs and lows, so please keep supporting the team we will be strong again  sooner than many think.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
GreyScarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreyScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 9:57am
Agree with a lot of the comments here.

I have accepted the later tries conceded as they (in my opinion) came because the players had the heart and commitment to fight for the cause and score tries. They clearly were not prepared to just let the game go.

Things are not clicking for us for probably many reasons, but lack of effort is NOT one of them in my view.
Virtually perfect rugby - 1992/93
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 10:01am
The booing started because Jon (Foxy) was tackled around the neck by Blues No 13 who then continued to ram Jon's head into the ground but Nigel Owens just brushed the incident aside and blew his whistle for full time! I was concerned about the booing so watched the end of the game last night and it is quite clear what happened and Jon did confront Blues No 13 as it was foul play! AngryDisapprove
"YMA O HYD"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic