Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Booing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 10:22am
I actually left after they scored the BP try, I was so disgusted. 
I'd never boo my own team, but I'm kind of glad it happened. Whatever has happened to our style of play, it's just not acceptable. Wayne and Stevo need to know how that makes us feel. I spend a [beep]ing fortune following the team. Thousands each year. I'm not rich, just a regular working guy with 2 kids at home and one in Uni.

We are the best resourced team in Wales with an excellent coaching setup and how we have performed this season, even allowing for the injuries, isn't good enough. 

I hope the boos were a wake up call for all concerned. We've another derby next week. I'm not going. I'm not spending the 2 hours in the car and the associated cash. You can bet that we'll lose hundreds of casual ticket sales after that farce. 

I'm really angry about this season

We're still still here!
Sponsored Links

Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 10:24am
Thanks Maldwyn.

This was our first home defeat in the league after a magnificent run, 25 wins wasnt it? We won the league 2 seasons ago, runners up last and got to the semi final of the European Cup last year, on our budget.

We find ourselves in an extreemly unusual situation where we've known for most of this season that our coaching team is changing. In fairness to the Scarlets we've reacted quickly and have a very good coach coming in next season. Add to that the worst season for injuries that most can remember and we've stalled, big time.

That wasnt great last night and it hasnt been great all year but it happens. It happened to Connacht and Glasgow and they didnt have our injuries. We also made a couple of poor signings which again on our budget happens.

9 months ago most of those guys were out there beating Toulon and La Rochelle everyone cheering and singing Yma o Hyd and Are we Human and then last night they get boo'd. Really?

As far as I'm concerned as much as it hurts and it does hurt reading headlines from the BBC last night "Cardiff Blues 'Crush' the Scarlets in Llanelli" pathetic journalism imo. now should be a time for fans to reflect on the amazing times we had recently and start the re-building to get back up there next season.

All we can do for the rest of this season is try to get players back onto the field and qualify for europe next season. The last thing we need is for an angry mob to chase out of town the likes of Stevo and sour what has been a great period under an excellent coaching group.

Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 10:37am
I wouldn’t want the coaching staff to leave early but they need to know how we feel. Yes there are injuries but also poor selection and game tactics. Let’s not forget that we had the possession and territory so let’s not look at the forwards    This was about the backs. Low on confidence. No game plan. No way of getting past an excellent blues defence. Is there an excuse for the poor handling and the poor tackling that we are seeing match after match this season. Not to mention the lack of awareness in turning down points when we are unable to break a defence   And I agree with a previous poster. Dan Jones must be very low on confidence if the boss thinks that Parkes will do a better job. Lots of self analyst needed by the coaches.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

I'd never boo my own team, but I'm kind of glad it happened. Whatever has happened to our style of play, it's just not acceptable. Wayne and Stevo need to know how that makes us feel. I spend a [beep]ing fortune following the team. Thousands each year. I'm not rich, just a regular working guy with 2 kids at home and one in Uni.

We are the best resourced team in Wales with an excellent coaching setup and how we have performed this season, even allowing for the injuries, isn't good enough. 

I hope the boos were a wake up call for all concerned. We've another derby next week. I'm not going. I'm not spending the 2 hours in the car and the associated cash. You can bet that we'll lose hundreds of casual ticket sales after that farce. 

Good post. I don't condone booing but I too left once Hadleigh gifted them the 3rd try. I also have followed this team for over 50 years and I am struggling to recall many worst performances. It is all well & good quoting how many metres made, how many line breaks etc but you should also mention the fact that they scored their first two tries from first phase ball by simply running hard and being waved through by two Welsh International centres. 

Basic skills like passing and catching a ball are non existent. It takes me 6 hours to travel to and attend a game & frankly I can think of better things to do with my time. As far as trying to see it from a players' perspective I am not really interested in their sob stories. It is professional sport for goodness sake - nobody forced you to take up the profession and nobody certainly forced you to ignore your future after rugby so please spare me the melodrama. 
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 11:20am
Yeah the whole wreck your bodies is a joke, if as a player you don’t like it quit and get an actual 9-5 or whatever. Nobody forces you to play a contact sport, some of us even pay our own money to play and go to the gym in our free time, its a choice. If you’re a professional you have to be willing to accept you will get criticised which often comes in the form of booing at matches and slating online. I dont condone all of it but it happens.
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Winston Winston wrote:

I wouldn’t want the coaching staff to leave early but they need to know how we feel. Yes there are injuries but also poor selection and game tactics. Let’s not forget that we had the possession and territory so let’s not look at the forwards    This was about the backs. Low on confidence. No game plan. No way of getting past an excellent blues defence. Is there an excuse for the poor handling and the poor tackling that we are seeing match after match this season. Not to mention the lack of awareness in turning down points when we are unable to break a defence   And I agree with a previous poster. Dan Jones must be very low on confidence if the boss thinks that Parkes will do a better job. Lots of self analyst needed by the coaches.

You said in a different post the sooner Pivac and Jones went to Wales the better.
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 11:24am
And    What would that achieve do you think. It’s just not practical is it
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 11:28am

No it's not, and yet you posted it.
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 11:28am
I left on the hour, it's just not enjoyable sitting there when your team cant pass or catch.
They deserved the boos quite frankly, before game I spoke to few who spent a few quid travelling down with kids who had tickets for Xmas.
We have fallen so far so quick and if the dragons play way against us they will also win.
We are in trouble and season end has arrived already in the mind
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 11:32am
Originally posted by NeylandAllBlack NeylandAllBlack wrote:

I did. Was it last night after I’d got home. No doubt you’ll be able to tell me.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 11:36am

Originally posted by NeylandAllBlack NeylandAllBlack wrote:

I did. Was it last night after I’d got home. No doubt you’ll be able to tell me.

Irrelevant. If your posts contradict what your saying and I disagree with them I'll quote you. The same as I would any other poster.
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 11:39am
My sincere apologies. No doubt the result last night is down to me. Or am I a distraction from the truth that you don’t want to see
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 11:43am

My sincere apologies. No doubt the result last night is down to me. Or am I a distraction from the truth that you don’t want to see

Blimey, and I thought my Daughter was a Drama Queen.
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Good post. I don't condone booing but I too left once Hadleigh gifted them the 3rd try. I also have followed this team for over 50 years and I am struggling to recall many worst performances. It is all well & good quoting how many metres made, how many line breaks etc but you should also mention the fact that they scored their first two tries from first phase ball by simply running hard and being waved through by two Welsh International centres. 

Basic skills like passing and catching a ball are non existent. It takes me 6 hours to travel to and attend a game & frankly I can think of better things to do with my time. As far as trying to see it from a players' perspective I am not really interested in their sob stories. It is professional sport for goodness sake - nobody forced you to take up the profession and nobody certainly forced you to ignore your future after rugby so please spare me the melodrama. 

so foxy covered the outside man for the first try and bodye got outpaced on the outside, 2nd try dan got stood up and missed the tackle, allowing cardiff through, but don't let facts get in the way of a rant eh 

sob stories..... do me a f****ng favour and have an ounce of respect for the people who go out week and put their bodies on the line just so you can sit here and piss and moan that they don't do enough for you to travel 6 hrs
maldwyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maldwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 1:15pm
Some good responses. Nice to see that some do have empathy towards players and what they put themselves through in what is a brutal environment.
Up the bum no harm done.
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 1:26pm
World rugby needs to do something about the hits and injuries   I’ve been banging on for years   Gareth Davies (WRU) came out and said the same last year. Reduce the number of subs so that players have to be on the park for the full 80. It may just slow them down a little and reduce the collisions
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic