Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brad Mooar - New head coach

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 10:20am
Personally I would love to see us get Lancaster but I would understand his possible reluctance. Nobody can argue with the job done by Pivac on improving us and our squad. What is now needed is a top forward oriented coach who can add to the ball playing skills already developed by introducing a harder edge top our carrying game. 
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 11:05am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

What are the odds on:

Head Coach: Paul Feeney
Backs Coach: Dwayne Peel
Defence Coach: Byran Hayward
Forwards Coach: Ioan Cunningham
Peel has done nothing to warrant a place in the back room staff
I think its a matter of time before we seeing him coming back. He hasn't exactly got it easy at Ulster either.
Do you see any other backs coach coming in?

I will be surprised if we don't at least speak with him.
Pivac surrounded himself with a team who knew the culture of the Scarlets; each coach a former Scarlet. I don't see that changing personally. Ideally we will keep Stevo, but I cant see him turning down a chance to coach Wales.

Dwayne's father was down on Saturday watching Llanelli RFC as indeed was Liam Williams -which was nice to see. He seemed quite chilled
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 11:13am

What are the odds on:

I think its a matter of time before we seeing him coming back. He hasn't exactly got it easy at Ulster either.

Pivac surrounded himself with a team who knew the culture of the Scarlets; each coach a former Scarlet. I don't see that changing personally. Ideally we will keep Stevo, but I cant see him turning down a chance to coach Wales.
Ulster’s backs aren’t great as a unit. Plus I don’t buy the culture things. He’s been away for a decade and the culture has changed since then. FWIW I think Feeney will be the attack coach with another as head coach.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 11:23am

What are the odds on:

Ulster’s backs aren’t great as a unit. Plus I don’t buy the culture things. He’s been away for a decade and the culture has changed since then. FWIW I think Feeney will be the attack coach with another as head coach.

No Peel hasn't set the World alight at Ulster - difficult job that it is with the politics involved. Feeney has a lot of experience as a No 2 and attack coach & is close to Pivac. Personally I would love to see O'Gara involved but you have already confirmed that he was returning to France. I guess another couple of years in France & Munster may get their dream team of O'Gara & Paulie. For us I think our original selection noted earlier in this thread of Crowley & Feeney are front runners. My dark horse is Ben Ryan to feature - a deep thinker on the game and full of new ideas with wonderful connections in the Pacific islands. 
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 12:23pm

What are the odds on:

I stated before a chance of Crowley/Feeney coming in but that was pretty much laughed at!

The culture of the club I am on about has never changed. You seem to be only talking about the squad culture. I am on about the general culture and history - it was good enough for Pivac to use former Scarlets as his team, a Scarlet product as captain etc. I wouldn’t want us to go away from that.
Dwayne in fairness is working with nothing at Ulster. No real fly half to speak of- but of an issue to get a backline functioning- see the work Stevo has done in our backs this season...ulster have had so many issues in the backline since his arrival any coach would struggle there to get a unified backline.
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 6:07pm
TBH Ulster backs haven't changed that dramatically in the last 2 seasons really, so I can't see Dwayne having done much . Whereas Steve got wasps backs playing different gravy almost as soon as he started coaching up there
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

TBH Ulster backs haven't changed that dramatically in the last 2 seasons really, so I can't see Dwayne having done much . Whereas Steve got wasps backs playing different gravy almost as soon as he started coaching up there
Jackson, Olding, Bowe, Piatau, Lealifano, Trimble...that’s a fair turnover in backs in the last few years! It’s practically a new backline apart from midfield pair cave/mclusky.
I’d add, Stevo was an player coach at wasps too and a maestro at 10. So was onfield too for a period. Dwayne has no decent fly half to be the backs controller. Huge difference that. Look at the difference in us without Patchell.

Edited by PE SA - 30 October 2018 at 11:38am
scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 11:45am
Billy burns at 10 has been quality. Addison has earned a Irish call up. Lot of movement of personnel and staff at ulster. They tore racing up in the first 20 other day.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 11:53am
Originally posted by scarletsbeno1 scarletsbeno1 wrote:

Billy burns at 10 has been quality. Addison has earned a Irish call up. Lot of movement of personnel and staff at ulster. They tore racing up in the first 20 other day.

Tore them up - what was the final score. Burns is a real downgrade on Jackson & Lealifano. Their problems are having a pretty lightweight front 5 even with Henderson & Best. Its compounded by not having a good 10. I can't see Dwayne coming back yet - he needs to gain a lot more quality experience. The Ulster coaching positions have become a graveyard for coaches in recent seasons with far too many casualties.
diego6754 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 11:57am
I haven't seen anything of Ulster or Bristol for that matter that make me think Dwayne is right for us at this moment in time.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 12:02pm
Spot on. O'Driscoll didn't do himself too many favours in the 6 counties when he described Ulster as a basket case but he was pretty accurate. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 2:32pm
Kieran Crowley has distanced himself apparently according to wales online. Shame he’s a great coach. Stevo to wales is happening apparently. Feeney favourite
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 2:47pm
Is Feeney a good enough replacement though? Stormers aren’t exactly having a stormer are they?
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 2:48pm
If Wayne can recommend someone he knows/has worked with then its a win for the Scarlets and a win for Wales as the working relationship between them on the regional/WRU front should be pretty good. Hopefully, the new guy will apply Wayne's down to earth approach and even enjoy the odd glass of claret post match with the fans. I still feel that announcing the changes a year before they took place was 6 months to soon but its history now....
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 2:55pm
Hmm we can’t just back Wayne though. Didn’t United do something similar taking Sir Alex word to employ moyes
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 3:11pm
different scenario all together united had old squad and fergie knew the next person in the job had poison chalice. wayne knows we have the strongest squad we have had for a number of years and still improving. the better the scarlets would get the more chance the national team too would improve. he would want a good coach with similar view/ethics to come in to carry on the project
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic